• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online bank statement pdf opens blank

Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden I am not able to open my bank online statements.  I can open local .pdf files just fine and I can open pdfs from other websites just fine.  The pdf for my bank statesments is https but that has never made a difference before.

I have already tried the following:

1.  Uninstalled Adobe Reader

2.  Rebooted machine

3.  Re-installed Adobe Reader

4.  Ran a repair install of Adobe Reader.

Nothing!  It appears the file is downloading (at least that's what it says in the status bar) and then BLANK!

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a free PDF reader called FoxIt.

Try downloading it and see if the PDF in question still appears blank in FoxIt.

If it does, it's an issue with either the browser or the website and the file being downloaded.

If not, we'll look at what can be done with Reader 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how FoxIt would help. There is no way to download the file manually from the Bank site. The site has a pdf image that one clicks on to download their statement. I contacted the bank this evening and nobody there is having any such issues. I can open pdfs from other websites and I can open them locally just fine.

Tim

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:17:15 -0600

To: tdehan@hotmail.com

Subject: Online bank statement pdf opens blank

There is a free PDF reader called http://download.cnet.com/Foxit-Reader/3000-10743_4-10313206.html?part=dl-116442&subj=dl&tag=button/.

Try downloading it and see if the PDF in question still appears blank in FoxIt.

If it does, it's an issue with either the browser or the website and the file being downloaded.

If not, we'll look at what can be done with Reader 9.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try a "clean install":

1.  Uninstall Reader (using the Control Panel).

2. Download and install the Windows  Installer Cleanup Utility (msicuu2.exe)

3. Run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove the  installer for Reader 9 (and any previous versions if they are still  installed).

4. Download and install a  new copy of Reader, and update it (if required) to 9.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did exactly that prior to posting on the forum. However, I will try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I performed the exact same steps again. However, it will not let me install 9.3.1 because it is an upgrade and 9.3 needs to be installed first. So now when I try to install 9.3 again I get the following error:

UNABLE TO LOAD A GUI

Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now downloaded the install of 9.3 to my computer locally and installed that way and then installed 9.3.1 on top of that... Same thing.... blank pdf when trying to open from my bank online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open pdfs from other websites and I can open them locally just fine. 

That tells me that it probably has something to do with the way the PDF is being produced?

Can the bank tell you what application they use to produce the PDF? If not (sometimes they don't cooperate), can they at least download a PDF for you and email it so you can open it locally and get that information from the file properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having problems viewing my bank statements.  The bank says their sys

tem does not support the 9.3.1 which I seem to have.  I tried to download the old 8 and it would

n't let me because I had newer version.  Any suggestions for me also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To install 8, you need to uninstall 9, run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (msicuu2.exe - google it) and remove all Reader install files, then go to oldversion.com and download the 8 installer. Install it, and you can return to viewing PDFs in Reader 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac+Win=Me wrote:

then go to oldversion.com and download the 8 installer.

Alternately, you can get it from the Adobe FTP site at ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/8.x/8.0/enu/AdbeRdr80_en_US.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, will go try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony, even though my bank told me they did not support the adobe 9.3.1!

Once I deleted the old version 9.3.1 and reinstalled the new 9.3.1  I was

able to view my bank statements without any problem.  I had run the

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility by that time.  SO, whatever it was

that fixed it I am now singing Halleujah.  But about 6 hours of my time

went into it before I had success and that was just today lol.  Hope you

have success soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried uninstall and re-installing 9.3.0 numerous times.  Looking in the Windows Cleanup Utility there were at no times any residual entries for Adobe Reader (of any version).  I then performed an upgraded to 9.3.1 which also did not work, still blank pdf files from the bank.  Then I uninstalled it, checked Windows Cleanup Utility, again no residual listing for any Adobe Reader version.  Then I tried installing Reader 8.0 and that failed because of a Windows Installer error all of a sudden that wasn't happening before.  So, I checked if any of it happened to have installed, check Windows Cleanup Utility, check for the Adobe folder under Program Files.  Nothing....  So then I tried installing 9.3.0 again and now am getting a pop up immediately that says:

Unable to load GUI.

So... now I am stuck with NO version of Adobe Reader at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I can download the actual install file, did so and installed once a

gain 9.3.0.  Went to the bank website, clicked on one of the statements and again only get a blank page with the following in the address bar:

https://documents.firsttechcu.com/customerlogin/pdf.aspx?mode=P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony, have you tried going back to Reader 8?

Since this appears to be a problem with the bank site and their PDF generation software, Reader 8 should allow you to still access your statements until they get caught up, and then you can upgrade to 9 again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This apparently is NOT an issue with the Bank site as others including the bank are able to view the online pdfs... this is an issue with ADOBE and the browser....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tony, when mine finally worked - I had uninstalled thru control panel, then

went to bank.  I had always been able to get into my bank account just

couldn't look at the statements.  SO, when I went to the bank I clicked

on the adobe.com thru the bank and it installed.  It was so frustrating.

I spent about 6 hours today, and lots of time days before.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the suggestion... not the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you actually view any online PDF documents, e.g. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/deploying_reader9.pdf ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stated already in this thread that I can view local and other online pdfs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tonymuffin wrote:

I stated already in this thread that I can view local and other online pdfs...

Then there most certainly isn't an issue with Adobe Reader or you wouldn't be able to read any at all.

The fact that you can read PDFs from other online sources as well as offline indicates that the problem lies in PDFs from the bank site and Reader 9 opening them properly.

I'll stand by my recommendation of going back to Reader 8 until the Bank gets their stuff together for Reader 9.3.

This will be my final post on this topic, regardless of what you choose to do or if it works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per my previous post... Adobe Reader 8 will not install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you cannot use Reader 9.3 and cannot install Reader 8.2, then I would recommend the first suggestion in this topic: try an alternate PDF reader.

However, if you completely uninstalled all versions of Adobe Reader, then it should be possible to install Reader 8.2; download it from http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/8.x/8.2/enu/AdbeRdr820_en_US.msi; save it to disk, then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installer.

If you still get an error during the install, please give the full error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never said I could not install 8.2... I didn't try 8.2. I tried 8.0 per the previous suggestion. 8.0 would not install as I indicated and gave the error message.

With that said, I just uninstalled 9.3 (again for the 5th time) and was successful in installing 8.2. However.... the same issue is happening. The pdf aspx page from the bank opens BLANK. The issue is only on this one computer. All 8 other of my computers open the bank statement pdfs just fine.

There obviously is something corrupted on the one computer with regards to Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines