Skip navigation
gcc-addict
Currently Being Moderated

wxPlugin

Apr 15, 2010 2:36 AM

Hi

i have a problem with wxPlugin in SDK samples, i succeed to compile it with wxWidgets library.

Its results the wxPlugin.acroplugin, but i paste  in the plugin acrobat directory and i start acrobat pro --> the plugin is not known, i cant see the the plugin in the advanced menu.

Notifications: im on mac os x leopard and i use acrobat pro 9

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2010 4:20 AM   in reply to gcc-addict

Have you tried using the source debugger to set breakpoints to see if you are even getting loaded?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2010 4:37 AM   in reply to lrosenth

wxPlugin is not supported currently on Mac.

If you look at the sources, you will find that plugin does not do anything for Mac platform.

This Plugin will be supported on Mac in the next release of Acrobat SDK.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2010 8:48 AM   in reply to gcc-addict

Well, i think you can.

But the Sample provided in SDK  does not work on Mac currently.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2010 1:27 AM   in reply to gcc-addict

I use wxWidgets 2.8.10 successfuly on both Win (XP-7) and Mac(10.4 and above) platforms.

You will need to delete all the preinstalled wxWidgets from your MAC as the old version clashes with the new one.

I use static unicode build for wx.

On Mac you need to specify that it is to run as a plug-in - embedded (or something like this) variable must be set to true during the init. You will find the all the information on wx forum and related sites.

I remember there were some problems with assigning the created windows to the right class under Mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2010 9:56 AM   in reply to gcc-addict

The wxPlugin works for me after removing the #ifndef MAC_PLATFORM in PluginUnload() and PluginInit(). The hard part was to compile wxWidgets. I used the following configure parameters:

../configure CC=gcc-4.0 CXX=g++-4.0 LD=g++-4.0 --enable-universal_binary --disable-shared --with-macosx-sdk=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk --with-mmacosx-version-min=10.4 --enable-debug

Just copy the include and library files to NonAdobeSupport/wxWidgets/mac (as described on this page: http://livedocs.adobe.com/acrobat_sdk/9.1/Acrobat9_1_HTMLHelp/API_Refe rences/Acrobat_API_Reference/Samples/CodeSamples/sample-descriptions.h tml

All that was left to do was to remove libexpat from the frameworks section - that library is part of the operating system.

All three menu items are there and working. I don't know if there are any problems lurking below the surface, I'm just getting started with a cross-platform project that will use wxWidgets in an Acrobat plug-in on both WIndows and the Mac.

Karl Heinz

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2010 12:09 PM   in reply to Karl Heinz Kremer

yes, thanks a lot khkremer

after i updated to xcode 3.1.4 and

using your configure tips

a three day journey had a good ending :-))

emilud

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points