• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trust Manager Settings greyed out

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Reader 9.3.2 through a GPO and now when I open a pdf file with links to other pdf files I get a block when I try to click on the link. It never gives me the choice to allow or block, it just blocks. When I go to Edit>Preferences>Trust Manager>Settings all the settings are greyed out and I cannot add any sites to allow. Has anyone seen this problem and if so what is the fix.  I have had to revert back to Reader 9.3.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, and exactly the same solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem with Reader 8.2.2. I was hoping to upgrade my entire company from 8.2.0 to 8.2.2, but I can't as long as this issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem has been solved in another discussion.

See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/622118?tstart=60

I was using the exe file from Adobe's ftp site. That file won't work but if you download the MSI file and follow the procedure outlined in the above thread it should work for you.

Also I have always been under the impression that the msi file on the ftp site contained Adobe Air and Abobe.com but I was wrong. So try it with that file.

Here is the ftp site.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.3/enu/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this did not fix my issue. I have version 8.2.2, so I don't know if the cause is different than the 9.3.2 version. I created my admin install point starting with 8.2.0 (msiexec /a...), then applied the patches for 8.2.1 and 8.2.2 (msiexec /p...), but the issue did not go away. I still get a greyed-out page at "Edit->Preferences->Trust Manager->Change Settings...".

If you have any other suggestions, I'll definitely give them a try.

David Olson

Lead Desktop Systems Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed tworm link and now have the issue resolved for Reader 9.3.2

Works perfectly.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 8.2.2, and this does not appear to make any difference; mainly because I was already using an admin install point. Regardless, I recreated it and I still get the same issue.

David Olson

Lead Desktop Systems Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help you but when I was trying to get 9.3.2 to work. I decided that I would try 8.2.2 then at least I would have a patched system.

On the 8.2.2 install I downloaded the 8.2 exe file and installed it on my machine and then went into Program Files\Adobe\ Reader 8.0\Setup Files\<bunch of numbers and letters>  (I think that was the location)and copied the content of the folder to my shared drive install folder. I then applied the 8.2.2 patch to those files using msiexec /a AcroRead.msi /p AcrobatUpd822_all_incr.msp and this did work for me.

Now there is some debate as to if this way truely patches the install. That I cant tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for looking into this.

I went through it again and it worked this time. I may have missed one of the updates.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines