Skip navigation
danderyd2004
Currently Being Moderated

Crossdomain.xml request unanswered by FMS 3.5 Application

Apr 20, 2010 8:18 AM

Hi all,

I need help with a strange issue:

I have a FMS 3.5 running a VOD service (on-line training based on videos) on what I call a "streaming server".

The client loads the Player from a secure (separate) domain, and the Player then requests the SMIL files from the webroot of the Apache server (part of the FMS installation. The Player then starts the video which is streamed dynamically.

In order for the Player to get the SMIL files, it is making a crossdomain.xml request to the Streaming Server. When it get the response, it continues the process.

PROBLEM: Sometimes, the crossdomail.xml response from the Streaming Server is SEVERELY delayed, with perhaps 5 minutes. So the end user experience is that it does not work.

I improved the situation by opening up more ports on the Windows Firewall of the Stremaing Server (now open for 1935,80,443,8134) and it works say 90%+ of the times. But there are still occations when there is no response.

I have not specified a crossdomain.xml file, so the response is the default "*" from the application.

Any ideas???? Appreciate any tips.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Calculating status...
    Apr 21, 2010 1:46 AM   in reply to danderyd2004

Hi,

Please open up port 843 on on the Windows Firewall of the Stremaing Server. Please let me know if you still face the issue.

Thanks

Viraj

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2010 10:32 AM   in reply to danderyd2004

This sounds like a packet capture is in order from the FMS side.  I'll wajor that the session to get the Crossdomain.xml isn't trying the proper port for starters and is eventually migrating to one that works only after timing out and failing.  The best way to determine this is, if you have it happening, use a tool like Wireshark to trace out the network activity.  Let us know what you find, if FMS is getting the request, but not responding in a timely manner - then it sounds like a bug.  If however, it's not getting there on time like I presume it bears network investigation.

Asa

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 10:19 AM   in reply to danderyd2004

Interesting, this could be a bug in how FMS handles crossdomain requests on an existing HTTP socket that's already been handling session data.  Is it possible that you can share one of these demonstratable packet captures with us here at Adobe so that we have something to work on the problem for?  You can contact me directly at awhilloc@adobe.com.

Asa

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 5:10 AM   in reply to Asa - FMS

Good day!

We have stumbled upoon the same problem, using FMS(interactive edition) 4.5.1(latest version as i believe), new installation(clean windows 2008R2 install), and absolutely the same issue - after a person who was watching the live broadcast in flash media player refreshses a webpage - no crossdomain.xml is served. It can easily be seen using httpwatch or other similar tool.

Is there any solution for that problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 6:36 PM   in reply to danderyd2004

I have the same issue with olafnew. I would like to play vod with http dynamic streaming feature on my Flex Application. I opened an iframe with embeded StrobeMediaPlayback. The movie plays well at the first time. If user closes the iframe and opens another movie, the player does not work any more. I look into Fiddler and the request for crossdomain.xml to my streaming server is never returned.

Please help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 2:16 AM   in reply to danderyd2004

Hi,

I have the same issue as yours. I want to know if you managed to solve it. What did you do?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points