• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GUI ERROR MESSAGE

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2010 Apr 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error reads "getplus+error", under that is reads UNABLE TO LOAD GUI.

I am running Windows XP Home, SP2, Internet Explorer 8.

No one told me how to fix this problem just a bunch of talk, give me a web site or talk in a way I can follow the steps.

I do not see where to download the DOWNLOAD MANAGER, anyone have the web link to download it.

Help, but I am not a computer wiz so help me out with steps or links to follow.

All the different answers just confuse us.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, first you do not want the Download Manager or getPlus, they both cause problems. So first, you need to go to

Add/Remove from the Control Panel. When you find the DLM(download manager) you will click on it and Remove it.

You will know it's removed because it will no longer be listed. Then look for getPlus, and do the same.

When you have finished that, Reboot(restart) your computer.

Now I need to have some information:

Are you the Administrator and using the Administrator Account?

What Anti-Virus/Spyware do you use? Does it contain a Firewall? If not, do you use any Firewall other than Windows Firewall?

Do you use any Ad-Block or is any pop-up blocker software installed?

Do you use any third party Toolbars?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the admin. on this computer. I use CA antivirus which I disable the firewall before I try to download.

I could not remove the DLM, did go into window explorer and delete the program NOS which showed the getplus. In my add/remove programs it still shows the DLM but does not have any about of mb to it. It would not let me delete it. I have restarted my computer and have not tried to download Flash again.  I was waiting to see what you thought. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I still have a hard time finding where to reply to your post.

I did do a window update today, since everything was running slow and IE was closing all the time with errors. I can do a restore if I need too or run a disc check.

I order the SP 3 cd so it wll install all the required files more than a download, I know there are two types of SP one is just a patch and one is a full Service pack.

I do use  a pop-up blocker. Do not think I have any other toolbars on here.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok thanks for the info. When you clicked on the DLM in Add/Remove you could not remove it? I'll do some checking on

that and see what I can find. It wouldn't have any size listed, since it isn't a program, it is a downloader.

The getPlus was not in the Add/Remove, but you removed NOS.

I would not suggest doing a system restore, unless you have a valid reason to do so. It may restore something that you do not want restored and cause you more problems.

You have XP/SP2, so the SP3 would be the next one( Service Pack) You can install that from Microsoft online if you wanted to. I wouldn't do it now while you are working to get Flash Player installed. The SP3 does take some time, a couple of hours. Just be sure to read the preparation needed before doing it.

The pop up blocker and the CA Anti-Virus will be taken care of when you Uninstall.

Does the CA have a Firewall, or do you use the Windows Firewall?

We will need to run an Uninstall before Installing and I'll give you the links and instructions for that. My concern is the DLM, since it has not been removed, may interfere. I have some info on that, so hold off until I get back to you on that.

Since my time zone is U.S.EDT, it is 12:35AM, so I'll get back to you tomorrow afternoon.

The easiest way to find your thread to reply is go to www.adobe.com and then hold your mouse over communities and when the window opens, click on forum. Then you'll see the down arrow to select forum, find Flash Player and click on Go.

Then find your thread and click on it and then you can post.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Message was edited by: eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I use the CA firewall instead of windows, think I am going to microtrend after the sp3 update.

On my other computer, every time I tried to download Flashplayer italways makes you download the DLM.

Have a good night and I will be around when you get a chance, thanks alot for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2010 Apr 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the offline installer (without DLM) for Internet Explorer from this link http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe; save it to disk, then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ba, before you start, go to manage add ons (All add ons) and check if any DLM or getPlus add ons are listed. If they are, disable them and then proceed with what I have posted below.

The following is a thread that has the instructions that you can follow:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/617242?tstart=60

Look for Post # 6. Now after you have the Uninstaller and Installer on your Desktop and when you get to the step "Close all browsers" you will do the following:

Close all browsers.

Disconnect from the Internet

Disable your CA Anti-Virus and CA Firewall

Then RUN the Uninstaller and the Rebooting that is listed there.

You will then check the CA A/V & Firewall to make sure it is still Disabled, if not Disable it again

Then RUN the Installer, and Reboot Once when finished.

Re-enable your CA A/V & Firewall

Reconnect back to the Internet and do the Adobe test

Post back the results and I'll have you check some files.

If you have any questions, please ask before you start.

Thanks,

eidnolb

P.S. I forgot to tell you that you may want to print this info out so it will be easier to follow.

Message was edited by: eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the file you said, it never showed an unstall program, but I ran it rebooted. Ran it again as install it said it had installed, but when I checked under the add/remove programs it still showed the DLM and Flashplayer 10 but there was no info and it did not show any mb.

How do I run the Adobe test?

I am using another computer right now until you tell me what to do on the other one.

I enabled the firewall and antivirus and have the internet connection back up for that computer. This one is hooked to my printer that is why I am using it.

Will be waiting to hear from on what to do next.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well it sounds like it all went ok. Now the Add/Remove won't be where the files are. Go to this site to test, as soon as the site opens, in a second or two, Adobe will tell you that you have FP installed and the version #. You don't have to do anything other than go to the site.

It will also tell you if FP is not installed or some message.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about

Then I will have some more info for you, let me know what the test said.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The website showed Flash Player installed Version 10,0,45,2

How do I keep it updated?

Do I need to go to Facebook and see if it works?

One other question you might help me with. I have Internet Explorer to delete temp. files and also do I need to have it delete the part about saving data from website you visit to make them work and load faster. Right now it deletes it all.

thanks so much for your help, I will have to do the same thing to this computer. It takes forever to load and IE is slow as all get out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well the test has the right Flash Player version, that is the latest.

I don't know when Adobe will come out with the next version. You may receive a prompt on your computer saying an update is available and given the choice to install, remind me later, or don't install. You can just click on your choice. I would click on Install. It is all done by Adobe and you don't have to go thru what you just did. That is how I update, from the prompt.

Before we finish, I'll give you the site so you can sign up for Adobe to notify you if you like.

Right now, I want you to go to Manage add ons(all add ons) and find Shockwave Flash Object...ActiveX Control...

Flash10e.ocx and make sure it is listed that way and enabled. This is the version 10.0.45.2. Let me know.

On your temp files, click on Tools, then click on Internet Options. You should see a rectangle box "delete files". Click on that and another window will open, "offline content" and a small box, click on the small box and say ok. Then click on delete files again and just say ok. Then down at the bottom, click on ok and you are done. Now I don't use IE8 so yours may be somewhat different, but that is the idea.

I have a couple of links for IE8 from Microsoft and I'll post them.

Check that add on for me and post back.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I could find was

Adobe Systems-enabled

Shockwave Flash Object- 10.0.22.87

Under that was:

get_atlcom Class 1.6.2.63

Do you use Foxfire or have a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, that Shockwave Flash Object 10.0.22.87 is an old version, actually 4 versions old. We are going to have to remove it,

and get the latest version installed. I'll get you the info in a minute.

Now the fact that the get_atlcom is there, tells me when you removed the NOS, that didn't do it. Does it say it is an ActiveX? or BHO? or Helper? Which is listed by it?

Here is what you need to do first. Go to Start, then click on search. In one of the fields enter: getplus and click search. The search results will tell you where the file is so you can go and remove/delete it.

Are you sure you are running as Administrator? Just double checking.

No I don't use FF and not a Mac. My sis has a brand new iMac, like a foreign language to me LOL I have thot of installing FF, but just have so much going on, have not done it.

If it's not Flash Player updating, it's Adobe Reader, or Microsoft or Java, or the Anti-Virus and on and on!! Ha-Ha, hard to keep up sometimes. I have sticky notes everywhere.

Ok, see what you can do and post back.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

under the more info. on add on's Here is what is listed:

get_atlcom Class

Active X Control

enabled

Last accessed: 4/18/10 22 hours ago

E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7

File: gp.ocx

Folder: c:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files

Shockwave Flash Object

Active X Control

enabled

Last accessed: 4/18/10 1 hour ago

D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000

use count 107601

block count 1

File: Flash10e.ocx

Folder: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash

Do you still want me to search and delete getplus file or wait until I heard back from you

I am the admin on this computer/ there has been no pop-ups asking for admin permission

If you want to wait till tomorrow just let me know and send an email in the morning or when you get time tomorrow. I know this is taking up a lot of your time and I am sorry for that.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. That's a good feature that you can get additional information on those ActiveX Controls.

No I don't think you need to search now. I was pretty sure the get_atlcom was in the program files.

We will remove it and the old version of Shockwave Flash Object also, but a different way.

Ok, thanks for confirming the Admin. part.

Thanks for the consideration. I think we'll take a break for tonight and start tomorrow.

I have a birthday (not mine) get together with Family tomorrow, so not sure when I'll get back on the forum. Afternoon as far as I know of the plans now.

But when I do, I'll post to you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This is the website you want to go to and find "Can I delete Add-ons or ActiveX Controls? Open that and follow it and you want to Remove Shockwave Flash Object version 10.0.22.87. Then click on get_atlcom Class 1.6.2.63 and Remove it.

When finished, Reboot. Check in your all add ons and make sure they have both been Removed.

Check in your Add/Remove again to make sure getPlus is not listed there, alphabetically.  You should be able to Remove the DLM also. Adobe says you can, so I'm not sure why you can't. What happens when you click on the DLM?

In your post#2 you said you deleted a program NOS which showed the getPlus? Please check and see if it is there now

and did you delete one file, two files. Was this NOS in your Program files from Windows?

Thanks and let me know.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2010 Apr 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your last post you said for me to go to a website, but you did not list the website address.

I am not sure if the NOS is a getplus or if it was a windows program

What do you want me to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, glad you posted back and reminded me of that! Here is the website:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Internet-Explorer-add-ons-frequently-asked-questions

No, the NOS is not a Windows program. It is a download installer that Adobe uses, but not needed and causes problems.

I got behind and hadn't had time to check your thread, sorry.

Ok, try that and let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to run a test page again, but it comes up broken link.

I went to the website and done what it said, but it would not let me remove the flash or the get plus. I can disable them but not delete them.

I also found under run without permission the flash version 10.0.45.2

right now under my manage addons flash version 10.0.22.87 is enabled

getplus is disabled.

Remember I am running window XP.

In the Add/Remove programs I still show the DLM and it will not let me delete.

It does show Flash as version 10.2.45.2

I looked in my recycle bin to see if the NOS file was there but it is not and does not show up under the programs in window explorer.

I can do a search and see if the files are on the computer anywhere?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran a search and here is what I found. Just hope I can type this right:

IN BLUE COLOR was NOS File Foler

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

c:\WINDOWS\Prefetch

inside folder:

getPlus Plus_ADOBE.EXE-2A28536F.pf

getPlus Plus_ADOBE_REG.EXE-0FA4F360.pf

NOS FOLDER:

sub folder: Adobe Downloads

sub folder: GP_GUI_Adobe in this folder:

File: getUninst_E 2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7

File: getUninst_E2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7.lck

Hope this helps. What does the blue color mean, I have quite a few files that show up in blue including one that says IE8(2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for searching. I am not sure what the blue color means. Let's see if we can delete the files this way.

Do a search for gp.ocx and then go to the locations that the search results list and delete/remove every listing of gp.ocx.

Then do another search for gp.inf and do the same thing.

Reboot your computer after that.

Then go to your All add ons and see if the get_atlcom Class 1.6.2.63 has been removed.

Then go back to Add/Remove and see if you can now Remove the DLM listing. If you can, Reboot.

Post back the results please.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a seach on the files gp.ocx and gp.inf every which way I can and nothing comes up.

trying a search for get_atlcom now and so far nothing on it. I have not looked in the add/ons again.

What now?? I know you are getting tired of me but I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Well I am as puzzled as you are. I use XP also, so where you go I am more familiar with than other OS's.

When I search, I click on Start, then click on Search. In the window that opens, there are 2 places to enter info. Enter

gp.ocx in the place that says "All or part of the file name". Same place for the gp.inf. Then hit Search near the bottom, and

wait until it is done.

Is that how you search?

Now that get_atlcom Class was in all add ons. We have to remove the file that put it there and that is what you are searching for, we remove the gp.ocx and the gp.inf then the get_atlcom Class will be removed because of that. Am I making any sense? LOL

Let me know if you search that way.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is how I search, it comes up use search

compaion and it has all the space and where you want to seach.

I just tried to go on line on that computer and it ask for me to install active X controls. Do I want to do this or just not use this computer at all for now.

I use it for my facebook and need to get to facebook in the morning. I do not like to use facebook on this computer.

Let me know if I can go to facebook on the other computer or not and let's call it a night and try again in the morning or when you get a chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok that's good, at least that is the same. What website is asking to install an ActiveX Control and for what? What does the message say? You don't want to allow that unless you know it is safe. So let me know right away.

Now here is something I want you to do. Go and right click on the CA icon and find the Privacy Option, open that or click on it however it's done and turn off the ad/pop-up blocker.

Then check this site and see if you can see the animation:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines