• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing threads

Guide ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On occasion I have found a particularly interesting thread with much information provided by several users and wanted to print the thread for future reference. When I print the thread, only the first one or two posts print, which amounts to about one page. The remaining posts do not print. I have tested this in both Firefox for Windows and Internet Explorer.

If this is a bug, please try to fix. If this is a feature lacking, can you provide it?

Thanks,

Van

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a link to a thread where this happened to you?

I just tried a random discussion with nine replies (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/569346?tstart=0), click on View print preview in the Actions box, and saw all nine replies. I clicked File > Print (in Firefox/Windows) and it printed out all nine replies on five pages.

I tried another thread (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/621489?tstart=0) using a different account in IE/Windows with the same correct results (all messages printed across four pages).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I did not realize there was a print preview or view as pdf in the Actions box. I tried your test by opening the thread in print preview and then printed from the browser. It worked as stated. HOWEVER, printing the thread directly from the browser printed only the first page, not the entire thread.

So, maybe there is some problem with my browser and/or system (latest Firefox on Windows XP SP3), but at least you provided me with a way to do what I want.

Thanks again,

Van

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. FireFox or SeaMonkey will  print entire length of a webpage with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS... I also tried File/Print in IE/Windows from the thread page without first going to View Print Preview, and it also printed correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines