Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Auto focus, iso

Nov 9, 2009 2:07 AM

Hi,

I've been running AIR & apps under linux for quite a number of  months. One of my favourite applications is "tweetdeck" but since last  week the app has core dumped when started, and even after a complete  remove/cleanup/reinstall of AIR and all applications is now failing to  install.

I'm unclear if this is an AIR problem or Tweetdeck, but it looks as  if it might be system, library incompatability so probably AIR itself.  Having said that some AIR apps are still working:

sh-4.0# ./Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer  ~/Download/TweetDeck_0_31.3.air

Application crashed with an unhandled SIGSEGV

Crashlog has been dumped in /tmp/airCrashLogs/1109_0938_F4htm8

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 9, 2009 3:43 PM   in reply to planetf1

It seems to me that this is rather an Adobe Air issue, since I'm experiencing a segfault when installing ipla lite. This is on pre-release Fedora 12 x86_64. Everything worked like charm in Fedora 11 x86_64 prior to the upgrade. I tried re-installing Adobe Air, but to no avail. I have attached the crash log the program produces.

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2009 4:17 PM   in reply to planetf1

We are currently looking into this issue and will report back once we have more information. Thank you for letting us know.

- Rob

Adobe AIR Team

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2009 3:04 AM   in reply to planetf1

Can you try the following if possible:

1. Uninstall AIR
    2. mv /etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/crypt /etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/crypt_bkp (you need to be root for this)
    3. Install AIR

Now try installing Tweetdeck again.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2009 3:20 AM   in reply to chopr

It worked - i.e. both the installation, as well as the installed application itself. Adobe Air complained about missing files, though, but I guess that's expected:

$ "/usr/bin/Adobe AIR Application Installer"
    I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/crypt//config.xml"
    Unable to parse Document: /etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/crypt//config.xml.
    $

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2009 3:34 AM   in reply to belegdol

Did you Uninstall AIR runtime before moving the folder ?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2009 3:36 AM   in reply to chopr

Yes, I did. But, last time I checked, uninstalling Adobe Air via the desktop entry only removes adobeair1.0 RPM, the adobe-certs one stays intact.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2009 3:41 AM   in reply to belegdol

I guess you won't see this error if you uninstall adobe-certs and then reinstall Adobe AIR runtime.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2009 3:48 AM   in reply to chopr

Unfortunately, that got me back to square one: Adobe Air segfaults again.

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2009 8:39 PM   in reply to belegdol

Could you please send me your config.xml (found here: /etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/crypt/config.xml) to priyank.choudhury [at] adobe [dot] com

This contains the hashes of the certificates that AIR installed on your machine.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2009 8:11 AM   in reply to chopr

Did you get my email? If so, have you been able to figure anything out? Thanks.

Also, I installed the 2.0 beta from labs rpm (after removing both older rpms) and everything works fine now.

Message was edited by: belegdol  added labs beta note

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2009 2:22 AM   in reply to belegdol

The issue is still present with 1.5.3. The crypt directory rename still works the problem around.

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2010 2:23 PM   in reply to planetf1

After playing with aucm, I noticed that adding new certs added the <UserPreferences> tags when adding a new cert.  The config.xml from the adobe-certs package did not have this tag.  I added it to each certificate object in config.xml, for example:

<certificate trustAnchor="true" trusted="true" sslServerAuth="true" codeSign="true" >
    <UserPreferences/>
    <LastUpdatedBy trustAnchor="adobe" codeSign="adobe" sslServerAuth="adobe" trusted="adobe"/>
    <subjectHash>2afc57aa.0</subjectHash>
    <publicKeyHash>46tUTICh21ZDt5FKy/OCehNcCKt=</publicKeyHash>
    </certificate>

That fixed all the SIGSEGV dumps. (And keeps you from getting all the unknown/unverified cert messages during application installation you get when you just rename the crypt directory.)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2010 2:41 PM   in reply to omegabsd

related to this:

I get the same issue, but that's because I am using the SDK adl tool to run the application.

So all I did was create a folder under /opt/AIR-apps/  for the application and I unziped the *.air file into a folder of its own.

Then I used the command line to run it and I get stuck on this error.

Should I do something extra to get these certificates 'installed'?

my /etc/opt/ folder is completely empty.

// Sal

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2010 3:34 PM   in reply to SalChicago

They get installed as part of the adobe-certs package, which is distributed with the air package.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2010 3:48 PM   in reply to omegabsd

I must be missing something.

You mean when one runs the application ... It should install these certs?

I looked for something with 'cert' in the qsin/ folder an found nothing.  Is it because I am using this on Gentoo rather then Ubuntu or Fedora?

Should I have ran some other script after unpacking the SDK and putting it on /opt/AIR-SDK/ ?  Sounds to me like that is what I missed?

Bottom line: What do I do to get these certs installed on that folder ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2010 12:19 AM   in reply to SalChicago

For working with Certificates you would need to install AIR runtime on your machine, SDK is not enough. Please install the AIR runtime from: http://get.adobe.com/air/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2010 8:15 AM   in reply to chopr

I did try that, but because I'm using Sabayon (a gentoo derivative) It tells me that the Installer is not supported in Non rpm or debian bases distros.

So that's why I resorted to using the SDK.  Which I can get to work for other Air apps, but not mine: qsin. This works fine in Fedora and Ubuntu.

So is there a work-around to the runtime in Gentoo/Sabayon?  Any help will be appreciated.

// Sal

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points