• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash 10 in full screen mode crashes my computer?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i open a flash player in full screen mode my computer with hand up go black and crash with in

3 to 5 minutes.  I have a brand new Dell Studio 21 with an I7 extreme processor and 8 gigs of ram.  Did al

l of the diagnostics through  dell and passed all.  contacted Adobe and installed 32 bit ie8

that did not work.  Installed firefox and reinstalled flash 10 that did not work.  same result in IE8 and firefox.

When i open full screen player my system crashes.  finally i think adobe got tired of my and withdrew my

help ticket said they do not off "how to's" on flash 10??????

You don't make it easy to report a bug with your system.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is a plugin for an application. Application generally do not have permissions to stop (or crash) the operating system. Only the kernel and drivers that run in what is called "ring 0" can stop or crash a system. The sensible conclusion is that you have a bug in operating system, hardware drivers or the hardware itself. Even though the Flash Player is the application that triggers the bug, it is still not something that is the Flash Players fault or something Adobe can fix.

Judging from the symptons you describe I would guess you have broken hardware and something is overheating after running for a while, but that is just a guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2010 Apr 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your insight to my situation but after narrowing down all possible issues I found that disabling the "Hardware Acceleration" option in the Flash Player has resolved any issues i was having with flash crashing my computer. So. Although flash may be triggering the problem I would say it may be at the root of the problem with whatever resources it tries to piggy back on when using the Hardware Acceleration. In searching the internet I have found quite a few references to the hardware acceleration being the root cause of many people's computer issues.

Maybe they should look into this further.

Sincerely,

Scot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If with "they" you mean the vendor of your graphics adaptor, then yes, they should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If with "they" I actually mean Adobe. My graphics card - along with all of the others that have had the same issue - works fine. Why should the manufacturers of graphics cards reconfigure their design for Adobe when adobe is using the electronics in their graphics cards to make their product "supposedly" better. Adobe does not make it easy to help them out by reporting a potential issue with their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue (With Firefox 3.6.3 and Flash 10,0,45,2 I can mention) with a Dell Inspiron 531. I'm trying to use the 197.45 Nvidia drivers now and see if that helps resolve the problem. If that doesn't work I'll have to disable hardware acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

I feel your pain. I had a brand new $3000 laptop that i bought to work on full screen flash players for websites and it crashed evertime I opened a full screen flash player. Diasble the hardware accelorator in flash. It is easy. Go on a regular flash player window and right click. the pop up box from adobe will appear. It should have a check box right there next to the hardware accelorator option. Uncheck it. My laptop has run like a charm since.

Scot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the crash problem on the latest version of Flashplayer. Only when I try to jump to full screen, the flashplayer crashes. This only happens in Firefox, in Google Chrome I have no problems. There has got to be a problem in Firefox with using fullscreen flashplayer, can anyone explain this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash crashes for me with Firefox and IE.

I plan to try disabling hardware acceleration to see if the problem goes away.  Hopefully quality will still be okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines