Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Facebook games since upgrading flash player

May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Vista home premium on my laptop. The other day, I updated to flash player 10.  Ever since I updated, I can't access most of the games I'd been playing on facebook.  So far I'm having problems with Zoo Paradise, Zoo World & Farmtown.  All these games worked perfectly before I updated.  I have IE, FF & Chrome all on my laptop.  I've tried all three and can not play the games with any of them anymore.  I even tried to do a restore back to before the update, but nothing is working. PLEASE help.  I'm totally frustrated AND going thru withdrawal not being able to play my games! LOL...

All the best,

Jodi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, go to this Adobe test site and see if you can see the animation and does it show you have the current version of Flash Player (10.0.45.2).

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

If that is confirmed, then it is probably Facebook/Farmville and the various games. This appears to be an ongoing problem with F/F/ and the games.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can see the animation & the correct current version. I know sometimes there are glitches with the games, however, nobody else is experiencing a problem right now and this is now day 3 of the programs not working. I checked the forums for all the games, and not one of them is posting about any problems currently.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, thanks for the info. Do you have any friends that use those games and if so are they using FP vs 10.0.45.2?

I have tried to help several people with these games and they have tried to find out if the games have updated to support this latest version. So far no one has responded back that they have received a reply in the affirmative. One person received a reply and was told that IE and Flash Player had problems and to switch to a different browser.

I have not been on the game forums, but you may want to use Google or Bing and do a search. As "Flash Player 10.0.45.2 and ____________(name of game) problems"

In using FF, do you use ad-block? If so disable it. In Chrome, do you use adthwart? If so disable it. I don't know if this will help if the games themselves aren't supporting the latest version.

If you are only having problems with this website/games, then I don't think Flash Player or your computer is the problem.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using IE7 with facebook.  I've been having no problems with the Facebook Apps/Ga

mes until this morning. Frontierville keeps going to IE7 CANNOT DISPLAY PAGE  when I try to go to the game through the facebook

bookmark, AND when I attempt to get REWARDS off from the facebook news feed/home page AND when I attempt to except frontierville gifts. The same page comes up saying IE7 CANNOT display.  When I was in frontierville yesterday I upgraded the flash player to 10.1 so I'm thinking that's the problem. NOBODY ELSE in my neighbors lists are having such problems.  I even installed Firefox thinking maybe it's my IE7?! But in Firefox I'd be able to collect rewards, and gifts, but when trying to load the game it would go just HALF WAY and STOP..would say DONE at the bottom of the page when the game is only half way loaded.  So I uninstalled the firefox.  I CAN get into farmville, farmtown and yoville, and can collect rewards and gifts of those three but not frontierville. I went to zynga forums and nobody else is having the problem I blame it on ths adobe flash player upgrade since I did it when attempting to load frontierville yesterday.  Last night when trying to tend neighbor's plantations in the game...the avatar's feet would move but nothing happend, no clearing of land or anything. I had to refresh the game A LOT.  What is wrong? Is it my flash player?  Or just coincidence?

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is likely your Adobe Update to most recent version of Flash Player but that's just what I've seen on other boards.  I can't load my game at all.  Waiting for confirmation from game support to see what happened when i updated my flash player. idk how to upgrade so i'm stuck.

i would doubt it's just a coincidence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for responding. I found a website that I found MANY MANY People are having the same issue as me with the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. And it's been happening for WEEKS now. They said Zynga isn't even responding to their support ticket emails. One person said they got response from Zynga that they said "we are aware of the issue and working on resolving it" and he/she said it was over 2 weeks ago. Many people are very upset. And most of them are saying they thought it was their computer and they began making changes in their computer, causing them to mess things up worse. Whew! That's not good.

Nance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been playing this game for years now it help my depression and for the past six days it does not load all my other games load but Sorority Life

I have sent tickets to playdom and emailed

Shirley, Jul 21 01:52 pm (PDT):

Dear Playdom Gamer,

Thanks for contacting Playdom Game Services. I apologize for the problems you have experienced with our application. I appreciate your patience while we work through this issue. Please be aware that there are sometimes momentary errors with Sorority Life. If you check back after a short period (having closed your browser and perhaps cleared your cache) the problem may resolve itself. I would also suggest you check out the trouble-shooting guide on the Sorority Life forums to make sure that your computer or browser is not interfering with the application:

http://forum.sistersapps.com/showthread.php?t=18426

Thanks for continuing to play and enjoy the game.

Playdom Game Services Department
Sorority Life Team
News and Announcements: http://sororitylifeblog.playdom.com/
--------------------------
Want some awesome game hints? Check out the Official Forums at: http://forum.sistersapps.com

AND I DID EVERYTHING IT SAYS CLEAR DELETE UNINSTALL INSTALL CHECK ALL I NEED TO DO NOW IS TAKE MY COMPUTER TO AN

EXORCIST MAYBE THAT WILL MAKE IT WORK???.... lol

Well I just want someone to FIX it!!!!! I am not the most handy computer person I know how to type and with some help I can download something sometimes I download to much. My computer runs on Vista it works and I am not planning to get something new any day soon so please just make everyone happy and fix it!!!.... Thanks and god bless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues and only on my computer with vista .so arent others using vista since we updated.i can use xp anything else to load the same gamesand it wasnt till i updated flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For other users in this thread, FYI this issue is not limited to Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok heres an idea for the people at Adobe.

If the newest flash will not work with the facebook games we love to play but will work with a previous version then GET RID OF THAT STUPID POPUP SAYING TO GET THE NEW VERSION WHEN WE TRY TO INSTALL A PREVIOUS ONE!!!!

I mean seriously if your program could contain problems like this why would you lockout older versions?

FYI, I am using the most recent version of Flash available as of May 3rd and Internet Explorer 8.

Some facebook programs work fine while others for example; Desktop Defender (My favorite game) Will not load but instead suggest to get a previous version of Flash.

Infuriating to find Flash refuses to install previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hell_Cat_Jay wrote:

This is a user-to-user forum; you do not address Adobe staff here.

P.S. you can easily install earlier versions after you completely uninstall the newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe you should take the time to read the Caps text ffs, flash WILL NOT ALLOW OLDER VERSIONS!

i already completely uninstalled the latest version and tried several older versions, look at the picture before you assume its that easy.flash.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahem... in response to the post below - yes, this is a user forum  --an adobe moderated user forum.  To suggest otherwise is inaccurate and misleading.  And if users want to share feedback in the hopes that a moderator or adobe rep might hear it, then that is normal decorum in user forums.  To think that Adobe is not open to user feedback would be disappointing.  That's how the world works - user frustration should be heard by software companies like adobe.  Good companies want to hear it so they can learn of problems and address them.

pwillener wrote:

Hell_Cat_Jay wrote:

This is a user-to-user forum; you do not address Adobe staff here.

P.S. you can easily install earlier versions after you completely uninstall the newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can increase the plugin timeout to help avoid this.  However, if  you do so, it will take longer for Firefox to detect if the Flash  process does hang or crash.

1. In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
    • The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click I'll be careful, I promise!,  to continue to the about:config page.
  2. The about:config page should appear.  In the Filter  box, type dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs
  3. Double click the setting and increase the number to 30 to have Firefox wait longer before shutting down Flash.

if you r using mozilla this is the problem the new mozilla firefox times out after 10 seconds but the facebook games sometimes take longer to load so u will need to increase ur plugin timeout...worked for me.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too. The Flash Player has broken my game and it will no longer load. Does anyone know how to resolve it? I read here that trying to downgrade to older version might help, but i can't find link to do that. adobe only seems to provide download to install the latest version which it sounds like that is the cause so don't want to keep reinstalling latest version.  any help would be appreciated!

I already tried clearing my browser cache, deleting all sites in flash player cache, uninstalling and reinstalling flash player, and using 3 different browsers - did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2010 Jul 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fanglies  it works  for my sister on this computer  but it wont

work for my account why is  that it comes up blank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My error is loading Farm Life.

I'm thinking I've got to blame the Playdom programmers

for this one:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at data::FarmDataProvider/storeData()
at data::DataProvider/onResult()
at data::DataProvider/requestResultHandler()
at http::HTTPServiceManager$/loaderCompleteHandler()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having all sorts of crashing problems with the new Firefox and  the new Flash player and did what the following link suggested and  everything stabilized in Windows 7.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/668598

If that doesn't work, try this

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3000185#3000185

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEUTRINOS, Unless you understand how this old solution reacts with the 3.6.6, 3.6.7 and 3.6.8 Firefox updates to their browser, other users will be mislead. Unless Mozilla Firefox has approved this, then I would urge users to use caution in following this.

Do some searching on Mozilla Firefox and post their approval, that would be my suggestion.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isnt just a facebook problem. I am running Windows Vista on a brand new

laptop purchased in 6/10. I purchased a legal copy of  The Tudors game at Best Buy  and it ran a couple of time

s but now I get a blank screen when I try to play it.  When is this going to be fixed ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2010 Aug 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue with some facebook games not all..what component of flash am I missing....very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to adobel flash 10.1, and I can play the games

(farmville, Frontierville) But not in full screen....when I try full screen the page goes blank. I have windows xp  and IE 8. I also tried using Mozilla and the same thing is happening. I am assuming it is Facebook and Zynga, and they all need to do something about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got it to work.. tried this

accept third party cookies thru this link

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2010 Sep 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya 10,1 Sucks.

I have had problums for 4 Months the Guy that was helpping me on the other string Din't know Crap.

I re-format my computer and have a Cleane install.  Same problum. IT IS THE FLASH 10.1 THAT SUCKS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines