Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Installation errors on Photoshop CS5

May 2, 2010 7:12 AM

I have a PC running Windows XP SP3 and I purchased, downloaded, and installed Photoshop CS5. I currently still have Photoshop CS4 installed as well. When I installed CS5 the following "errors" were logged by the installation program:

Exit Code: 6

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 11 error(s), 2 warning(s)

WARNING: The payload: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core  {7DFEBBA4-81E1-425B-BBAA-06E9E5BBD97E} requires a UI parent with following specification:

Family: Photoshop

ProductName: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core_x64

This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.

WARNING: 1 ARKServiceControl::StartService: Service not started/stopped SwitchBoard. Current State: 0 Exit Code: 0 Service Specific Exit Code: 0

ERROR: 9 Failed to add Font 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ACaslonPro-Bold.otf'. Error: 2

ERROR: 9 Command ARKFontCommand failed.

ERROR: 9 Failed to remove Font 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ACaslonPro-Bold.otf'. Error: 2

ERROR: 9 Error rolling back command ARKFontCommand

ERROR: 6 Failed to add Font 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\AdobeArabic-Bold.otf'. Error: 2

ERROR: 6 Command ARKFontCommand failed.

ERROR: 6 Failed to remove Font 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\AdobeArabic-Bold.otf'. Error: 2

ERROR: 6 Error rolling back command ARKFontCommand

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Required Common Fonts Installation: Install failed

ERROR:  - Recommended Common Fonts Installation: Install failed

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

This is the second attempt to download and cleanly install the program. The first download had similar errors logged, but I did not capture the errors during that try. Photoshop CS5 seems to be working, at least from a preliminary perspective, but these errors are disconcerting. When I downloaded the second time (which is where this set of errors came from), I made sure I wasn't doing anything else during the download and before I installed, I rebooted the PC, made sure nothing was running, and disabled my antivirus software (basically the same thing I did the first time).

Any thoughts on what might be going on here?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2010 8:59 PM   in reply to paulb15480

Hi,

I work on  the store, and would like to make sure that the files actually  downloaded completely and undamaged for you.

Can you generate a checksum for the  files you downloaded so we can confirm that your files are not damaged?

You  can use a free utility called Fastsum ( http://www.fastsum.com/  ) to generate the checksum which  should match these values:

Photoshop_12_LS1.7z   should be    193b13bac6b850a62c75460cbed42b35 

Photoshop_12_LS1.exe  should be   431864652903c33049d352a9e0c0991b 

Let me know what values you get.  If they are bad, we  could have you try the direct HTTP download URL and see if that helps.

regards,

karen

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 9:04 PM   in reply to paulb15480

I have been seeing this error happening to a lot of people especially with Vista and Win

dows 7. No solution here yet?

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2010 5:49 PM   in reply to paulb15480

If you can't view or install an otf font see this web site for 4 possible answers

www.thomasphinney.com/tag/install/

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2010 7:47 AM   in reply to paulb15480

If you are running Vista or Windows 7 you have to right click on the installation application and select Run As Administrator.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points