• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The version that you are trying to install is not the most current version

New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple snapshots of this one. I am trying to install Adobe Flash Player on a Windows7 64bit machine from adobe.com. I keep getting the following error:

The version of Adobe Flash Player ActiveX that you are trying to install is not the most current version. Please visit (adobewebsite) to obtain the latest, most secure version.

This is the message that I am getting from Adobe.com website!

I tried uninstalling multiple times + reinstalling, same error. I tried offline installing, same error (is not the most current version).

Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Did you install the Flash Player 10.1 beta at any time before?  If so, you must uninstall it with the 10.1 uninstaller using the -force option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. This finally worked for me:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/402/kb402435.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, It may be helpful if you read over this troubleshooting guide by Adobe.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

If you decide to Uninstall and Install again, I would use the "executable" which you can download to your Desktop.

Have you previously installed any beta version? I'm sure you know you need to use the 32bit browser since Flash Player

is not supported on the 64bit.

The Anti-Virus/Firewall, Security Settings for IE, Permission requirement are important. Also the necessity of Rebooting twice after the Uninstall for IE, to make sure old files are removed.

If you have any questions, just post back.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you install the Flash Player 10.1 beta at any time before?  If so, you must uninstall it with the 10.1 uninstaller using the -force option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines