Skip navigation
This discussion is locked

Can't install CS5 Master collection engl Win 7 64- bits

Apr 30, 2010 10:56 PM

Latest reply: Dov Isaacs, Jan 5, 2011 5:56 PM
Replies 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2010 8:57 AM   in reply to nightmarebr

Some of us tried this and still got nothing.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 9:01 AM   in reply to nightmarebr

Also, Premiere standalone installation installs all these packages with no

problems

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 12:57 PM   in reply to amitzi

Try rebooting your computer in safemode then following nightmarebr's instructions again. When you get to
    the Advanced Security Setting window, check "Replace all child object permissions with inheriteble permissions from this object".

Reboot normally, then try the installation again.permission change.PNG

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 1:18 PM   in reply to tapfumurove

we've tried those but to no avail

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 1:46 PM   in reply to nightmarebr

nitemarebr,

That's it!! Thanks for figuring that out. It appears to be only the x86 VC80 keys (not the 64 bit or the VC90 ones), which show up on my computer's registry as having an unknown "owner". I'm not sure why this is so, but I had to change the owner to my admin account and then I could set full permissions to the keys.

Jay B.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 1:50 PM   in reply to jabloomf1230

So why does this not work for amitzi are they doing something wrong this is clearly the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 4:08 PM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

The Permissions dialog boxes in the Windows Registry Editor are about as confusing as they could possibly be. nitemarebr's instructions, didn't quite work for me at first, but then I figured out that I also had to change the ownership of the specific registry keys in question to my Admin account. Then I could set the permissions for all the child keys.

If this is what you have to do to get CS5 install on Win 7, it's going to discourage a lot of people, because messing with the Registry is not for the faint of heart.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 8:10 PM   in reply to jabloomf1230

I don't think that's the problem. I've gone through the Registry, which I

know well, being a MCSE, a few times.

As I mentioned before, standalone version of Premiere (with OnLocation and

Encore) installs well, along with all the VC packages.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 9:27 PM   in reply to amitzi

I am not an MSCE but I have been in the registry before. Not my favorite passtime mind you...

Anyhow, I tried to follow the steps above as well as I could. I searched my Adobe CS5 Production Premium folder for any MSI file. Found about 20. I double-clicked each one and went through the screens presented. All "installed" just fine and offered no errors. Being hopeful, I tried the installed for CS5 again, and it still failed as before. Same errors. This is what I get on the final page of the Adobe installer:

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 1 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 8 warning(s)

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {33A3F995-8333-4676-8D6F-AB7674BB52EA}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {53BC789D-073D-47B6-AA9F-DE05990AF07A}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {667C8B6C-3EAF-4646-A8EC-D85CCC4D3D84}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {694213D7-1E0E-4C8F-B822-E2E3680C0FCE}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {A334FDED-DCCA-481E-B226-F902CCC419D2}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {AAE6F374-91CB-45FB-9282-4CFA0DED2088}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {C21384F7-1A36-4706-95AB-B09BCE3C144F}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {DA1B174B-4297-467C-9EF8-0AB8D4D5171E}

ERROR: Found payload conflicts and errors:

ERROR:  - Adobe Flash CS5 depends on Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX to be installed.

ERROR:  - Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 depends on Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX to be installed.

FATAL ERROR: Conflicts were found in the selected payloads. Halting installation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

I tried searching the registery for the keys listed above and they were not found. I opened the C:\Windows\Installers folder and found a bunch of folders with similar names, so I searched in there, and still nothing. So I have no idea what these GUIDs in my errors above are and where to find them, so I was not able to do the rest of the steps about changing permissions. Since my other machine after a clean install worked, (see my post above), I am tempted to flatten this machine and clean install it too. Then I remember that I have lots of actual work to do and that would set me back another couple of days.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2010 9:38 PM   in reply to Paul Aubin

I am hopeful that Adobe will provide a better installer by the weekend when

I'm trying again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 3:08 AM   in reply to Paul Aubin

@PaulFAubin- You have to first Uninstall your previous CS5 builds and run Cleanup Script present at following URL - http://www.adobe.com/go/cs5clean

Make sure you read the instructions carefully before attempting to Clean the system. Just Select CS5 and Clean All option when your reach to that point where it asks you what to clean.

And then try to Run your installer again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 3:35 AM   in reply to Anshum Arora

Did that. The problem is elsewhere.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 6:59 AM   in reply to Kboelsen

From the original log summary posted, the most signifant section is this:

ERROR: 2 Unable to delete file copy at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common  Files\Adobe\APE\3.1\adbeapecore.dll" Error 5 Access is denied.

Which indicates a permissions issue is preventing the adobeapecore.dll from being written into the Common Files\Adobe\APE\3.1\ folder. If that is the case, you can solve it using one of the methords defined here:

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_kb407695_en-us

Another valuable resoure is this KB:

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_kb400593_en-us

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 9:40 AM   in reply to Kboelsen

Kboelsen,

What exactly are the errors you are getting? Can you attach a copy of your installer log file?

Matthew

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 10:21 AM   in reply to Anshum Arora

I never had a previous build installed. I have Photoshop CS4, but no previous CS5 installation. (I

did not have a beta).

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 10:23 AM   in reply to Kboelsen

Same here. I have been through all the permissions as well. I spent probably an hour with a tech support

guy from Adobe yesterday. I directed him to this thread. We came up with no solution. He was excalating my case up the chain. I will post when I hear back from them.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 10:24 AM   in reply to Matthew Laun

I gave the tech support guy my log file. Case ID 181568246. I woudl be happy to post here as well if you like.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 10:25 AM   in reply to Paul Aubin

PaulFAubin,

Please attach your installer log file to your posting here. It can be found in:

C:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installer\

and will have a name like "Adobe Master Collection CS5 [date stamp].log.gz"

Matt

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 10:40 AM   in reply to Matthew Laun

I'm attaching mine.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 10:49 AM   in reply to Kboelsen

If you can't attach files, open the installer log, scroll to the bottom and look for a line like this:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

Copy the contents of that summary and paste into the thread. If it is a particulary long set of data, just find the first line that contains ERROR, and copy from there on down. It's usually the first ERROR statement that is the hinge pin for these issues.

Matthew

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 11:57 AM   in reply to Matthew Laun

Here is a link to the file. FYI, mine was located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 11:58 AM   in reply to Kboelsen

That looks like a permissions problem to me and the permissions may be off on the main directory. I think they refer to it as the parent.

I once had a problem installing CS 3 as something went wrong with a file I downloaded which was very corrupt.

I change the permission to  applications and to the preferences and then the application support and the cache files and then finally had to do it to the user's Library.

I ended up manually repairing the permissions on like ten or so directories maybe more but then when I had everything opened for business it installed.

If yu can't write the files then you can instl it.

I think it might be worthwhile to make this log available to the user and to give them a clue to at least where things are that they have to fix. Even if it is manually or ask the user to give permission to fix the problem.

Apple and Microsoft are not going to do this because they clearly d not know how without breaching security.

Or Adobe needs to make their own OS.

Of course I'm probably wrong about the permission issue but the idea of an Adobe OS is a good one.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 12:29 PM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

I always get a little fuzzy on the permissions thing. But when you login on the Administrator's account, shouldn't that give you access to everything? Because I tried that and it failed.

(I am assuming it is not that simple, but, hey worth asking)

The tech support guy did have me change permissions on some folders, but now I forget which ones. Which folders do you suggest I investigate? Thanks. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 12:31 PM   in reply to Kboelsen

Try installing the newest microsoft visual C++ redistributable package first

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyId=bd512 d9e-43c8-4 655-81bf-9350143d5867&displayLang=en (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyI D=a7b7a05e -6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84 (x86)

Tried this when I notice that some of the reg keys are not available at my regedit.So I lurk around and see if there's any other software that might be suffer from this as well.

Now after installing it I manage to install all the .msi files without much problem.Same goes to the CS5 installation process afterwards.Feels good man

I quote my own reply from another thread.Seems like the problem is similar to that so I just copy it into here instead.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 12:47 PM   in reply to Kboelsen

@Kboelsen,

Two errors to be addressed:

First:

ERROR: 1 Unable to delete backup file at  "C:\adobeTemp\backup\adobetmp000112979" Error 5 Access is denied.

Check to see if such a folder exists. Check to ensure you can read it (open a file from it into a text editor) and write to it (see if you can make a new empty tolder in it). If you don't find a permissions problem, I would simply delete the adobeTemp folder. Do so while in selective startup mode (see below)

Second:

ERROR: 49 Unable to preserve original file at "C:\Program Files  (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Color\Profiles\Recommended\USWebCoatedSWOP.icc"  Error 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by  another process.

This is common and happens when some application or process has a file locked that we want to move so that we can install our version of what may be the same (or older) file. You can avoid this by running MSConfig.exe and disabling all startup items, and all non-Windows Services.

Let us know how those turn out.

Matthew

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 2:59 PM   in reply to Paul Aubin

Paul-

It looks like, from the log file you uploaded to box.net, that the problem you are encountering is that Flash Player ActiveX is not able to be verified/installed, which is causing Flash Pro and Flash Catalyst to fail.

If that is the case, please try the following:

1. Close all applications (especially web browsers and Adobe applications).
    2. Uninstall all instances of Flash Player.
      1. Go to Control Panel > Programs And Features (or Control Panel > Uninstall A Program).
      2. Find Adobe and/or Macromedia Flash Player in the list, click it, then click Uninstall.
      3. When the uninstall finishes, uninstall any other Flash Player items in the list, until no more are listed.
      4. In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64, then delete the Macromed  folder. (If you get an error deleting, then just rename Macromed to something else.)
    3. Restart your computer.
    4. Re-install CS5.

If it gives any further issues, please post an updated log file.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2010 6:54 PM   in reply to Carey Burgess

Hi MrKlub

I really wanted that to work, but alas, it did not. i did as you said and uninstalled all flash players then tried reinstalling, but I still get Error 7 and a failure shortly after clicking install. I am due to rebuild my machine anyhow, just haven't wanted to spend a few days reinstalling everything. But i am thinkning that the only way I am going to get this to work is to do just that, and reformat and rebuild the whole system...

Anyhow, it is not likely I will get to that for at least another week or two, so if there are any other ideas, I am all ears. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2010 2:52 AM   in reply to Paul Aubin

Paul-

Sorry to hear it didn't let us install.

Could you please post an updated install log, possibly via PM? Installs can, unfortunately, fail for multiple reasons, so it is possible we have cleared one roadblock and we now face a new one.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2010 3:24 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

Variation On A Theme...

I'm on Windows 7 x64 - Uninstalled CS3 Master & CS4 Premium before beginning.

Everything in [Download Version] CS5 Master installed correctly except Illustrator - note I still get the Errors re Flash 10 Plugin, however Flash CS5 & Catalyst both actually installed first time and work fine despite this.

Each time I re-run Setup shows everything except Illustrator installed, but each time it fails with the following - I've tried all the solutions here except the reg surgery.

Exit Code: 7

- 1 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 14 warning(s)
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {288DB08D-0708-4A94-B055-55B99E39EB62}
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {33A3F995-8333-4676-8D6F-AB7674BB52EA}
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {565DE707-5798-4FC3-8DF6-0F58A348A9B0}
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {5DDABB74-A879-4BE7-A4C6-FD41793942DB}
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {7816FDDE-40D4-482D-AD7D-97858985DB3E}
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {9B97EC91-B3FD-4BFF-88FC-5345A26AC2E7}
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {AAE6F374-91CB-45FB-9282-4CFA0DED2088}
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {B8D286BC-A68D-4E74-9F68-8756A49896D8}
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {C0AA232E-BD1B-40B5-A176-A2BEB67FFAE1}
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {CD29B5CA-4727-4114-9AD9-25CCCE6E4014}
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {DE5DE662-2ECB-4D93-967B-221FBCC8A736}
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {F319804F-E3A4-4C02-8AEC-CB39A4F6447E}
    WARNING: OS requirements not met for {F9C71630-0EE3-475C-9E2B-ED95AE197DBD}

ERROR: Found payload conflicts and errors:
    ERROR:  - Adobe Flash CS5 depends on Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin to be installed.
    ERROR:  - Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 depends on Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin to be installed.
    FATAL ERROR: Conflicts were found in the selected payloads. Halting installation.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2010 6:14 AM   in reply to amitzi

Amitzi-

From your install logs, it looks like you might have had a pre-release copy of Premiere Pro CS5 installed, and I think that's what's giving you some trouble. Essentially, there are remnants of a previous installation of CS5 on the system.

Check in Programs And Features (or "Uninstall A Program") in the Control Panel. If you have anything CS5 there, including purchased or trial software, then go ahead an uninstall it.

Then, download the CS5 Clean Script and run it using the "Clean All" option, restart your computer, and then try installing CS5 again. See this document for instructions on how to download, install, and run the CS5 Clean Script:

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_cpsid_82947_en-us

When you run the script, be sure to right-click on the CS5InstallerDatabaseUtility.exe file and choose Run As Administrator or it won't be able to remove anything.

Should you encounter any further difficulty, please attach an updated install log.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2010 7:03 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

Sorry, but can you tell me how to post via PM?

In the meantime, I have posted to my box account again. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2010 7:39 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

I did have a pre-release copy of CS5 and I did run the CS5 Cleanup script

several times. That said, the final copy of Premiere Pro CS5 installs just

fin and does not give any errors when installing the same packages.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2010 9:00 AM   in reply to amitzi

I too have run into an installation problem. I downloaded the CS5 Web Premium collection, and everything installed but Dreamweaver. My user is setup as an Administrator and I even tried the right click and "run as administrator", but alas I keep coming up with the same error messsage:

Exit Code: 6

- 1 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 4 warning(s)

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {C79312BD-3E76-4474-A10C-1435D1856A4B}

WARNING: OS requirements not met for {CDC08463-9303-4BF1-BF8C-E1A2ECEE3248}

WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe Dreamweaver CS5: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

ERROR:  - Adobe Dreamweaver CS5_AdobeDreamweaver11en_USLanguagePack: Install failed

FATAL ERROR: Cannot create extract assets at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\adobeTemp\{C79312BD-3E76-4474-A10C-1435D1856A4 B}' from zip file 'C:\Users\Parish\Desktop\Adobe CS5 Web Premium\Adobe CS5\payloads\AdobeDreamweaver11-mul\Assets1_1.zip'. Error 0

I contacted technical support, and the tech told me to open up my command prompt and type the following and press enter.:

net user administrator\ active:yes

I did this, and then rebooted the system. I then tried the setup program once more, and still it wouldn't work. I received the same error message as above. After being on hold for another 15 minutes, I gave up on the technician. Hopefully together we can all come up with a good solution.

LIST OF THINGS TRIED, BUT DID NOT SOLVE PROBLEM:

_right click on setup.exe and "run as administrator"

_move installation files to C: drive and then "run as administrator"

_per Hitman66, I installed the latest Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package, and then tried reinstalling the Web Premium package. I received the same errors as before.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2010 8:04 AM   in reply to Kboelsen

I use Win7 x64 and often have problems with .msi installers running from any drive except my OS drive. I was also having problems installing the CS5 trial, so I just copied the installer's Adobe CS5 folder to my C: drive and then ran Set-up.exe from there. It seems to have done the trick.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2010 8:04 AM   in reply to -_Simon_-

@-_Simon_-,

My guess is that if you search your log for the string "return value 3" you will get something more useful for debugging.

In lieue of that, my guess is that your installation is failing due to some conflict with a previously installed instance of the Flash Player. In which case, this document, labeled for CS4, but as applicable for CS5, should help:

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_kb403962_en-us

Sincerely,

Matthew

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2010 8:20 AM   in reply to mousejockey23

Mousejockey, I tried this too. I had originally downloaded the installation files to my desktop, and tried installing. Then I moved the installation files directly to my C: drive, but this too didn't work.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 4 ... 7 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points