• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts and png graphics in PPTX do not display the same in Captivate 4

New Here ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I began developing my elearning in PowerPoint knowing that the animation is easier in PowerPoint than in Captivate.  When I imported the PPTX slides, I first noticed the font on my title slide was no longer small CAPs and the positioning has alow changed on the slide.  I opened the PPT editor from Captivate and the look of the original slide was displayed.  When I saved and PPT and returned to C4, the font changed and the text moved out of the original placement.

Second the graphics used on the slides are .png with transparent backgrounds.  The transparency is lost in C4.

Anyone have ideas, suggestions?  Are these know issues or bugs?  I am running the C4 with the latest patch.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If your concern is to end up with a Captivate project that looks exactly like your PowerPoint does, consider configuring PPT to display the slideshow in a window. then surround it with Captivate and record it as it plays via PPT. The end result should be that the Captivate is an exact replica of the PPT.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.  I wonder how the recording method this would impact my hyperlinks, animation timing and interactive nature (for the user) of my elearning.  I guess I'm not so concerned with the "exact" look, but would like to know the "rules" so that as I create the PPTX I know what to expect when imported to C4.

Perhaps I need further lessons on C4 animation

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Each PPT-slide will be imported with all its animations, but the hyperlinks (if you mean p.e. links to jump to another slide in the PPT) will not function any more. I do not understand very well what you mean by 'interactivity'? When you import PPT-slides in CP, you can choose to have the slides advance 'By mouse click' or 'Automatically'. If you choose the first, user will have to click just like in the PPT to have the file progressing.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion.  There is animation on the slide and I would like to avoid using the Captivate full motion recording for this project.  My questions is - Can anyone explain why my slides change when imported to Captivate? and Is there anything I can do to minimize this effect?

The animation works as it should, but the position of the text in relationship to the the other graphics changes, making it very difficult to design my layout.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue.  It happens with some fonts, and not others.  I don't have the choice to switch fonts either. 

And the kicker is, it happens on my computer, and not others.  I've gone though settings in Captivate and Powerpoint testing to see if something is off, but can't find anything. 

Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources