• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the jQuery options in DW CS5?

Explorer ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Trial DW CS5, but unable to find options for jQuery and HTML 5.

Is there any feature 'bout jQuery Intellisence and HTML 5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any feature 'bout jQuery Intellisence and HTML 5?

Starting with CS4, DW supports JavaScript Intellisense, so that includes any objects defined using jQuery.

If you install the new Widget Browser, there are a few jQuery widgets:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/widgetbrowser/

The HTML5 spec is still a working draft, so the DW Team couldn't really do much for features about HTML5 in the CS5 timeframe. Live View renders a lot of HTML5/CSS3. Also, there are some tag libraries (which will provide Intellisense for these tags) released by a third party here:

http://dwlog.net/downcnt/downcnt.cgi/html5_tag_suites_v050.zip

What kind of HTML5 features would you like to see in DW?

Thanks,

Randy Edmunds

Dreamweaver Development

Adobe Systems, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error during install this extention.

error.png

Any solution to install this extention successfully?

I was looking "intellisence" like now availabe in DW (PHP code intellisence).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error during install this extention.

Any solution to install this extention successfully?

Sorry, that's a third party extension, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I successfully installed an earlier version of that extension on a beta  version of DW CS5. Has anyone else successfully installed it in DW CS5?

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2010 Nov 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that the Extensions Manager often gives these error messages, but if you install via the software itself ie DreamWeaver things will install ok. Seems to be a defect in the Extension Manager, not the plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Intellisense is very good in CS5. Something I didn't expect really. it works with PHP JS and it's easy to set up. Under the "Site" menu look at "Site-Specific-Code-Hints". You can point to it any folder, even outside your root.

I now see all my functions, class and everything from jQuery and plugins. Very nice. I'll upgrade just for this feature. (Oh and Live/Code View - which now actually works and is useful.)

HTML5 support is browser dependent right now (it's not  supported by everyone, yet). Safari, Opera, Chrome and Firefox support some of HTML5. If you use Safari, you can check the ADC (Apple Developer Center) for docs on HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope I will see the Toolbar of jQuery in DW CS5 Patch and more support of jQuery.

Need more icons / dialog boxes / options 'bout PHP on PHP Toolbar.(in Insert Bar).

Well, the rest of DW CS5 is really great. Thanks Adobe! You rocks if you love to hear what the people wants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why just jQuery? I can think of 4 other js frameworks just as good. My point is, should DW has a special toolbar for them all? This is the one of extension developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am learning Extending DW. I done 15% jQuery Toolbox in DW CS5. when i complete this 100% i will post here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For html 5, (and css3) support see my answer in this thread - http://forums.adobe.com/message/2787526#2787526.

PZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all, I have done my custom extension of jQuery for DW CS5 and uploaded on Adobe Exchange. It's being process..

Here the screen of my jQuery Utilities Toolbox.

jq.jpg

-- Sag-e-Attar Junaid Atari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

------------------

Extension:

------------------

jQuery Utilities Toolset v1.0.1

------------------

Description:

------------------

This package contains function/utilities you need to start creating

jQuery (Javascript) files.

To access this suite choose : -

Insert bar-->jQuery

------------------

Download:

------------------

jquery_utilities_ts_v1.0.1.zip

http://php-and-web-design.googlecode.com/files/jquery_utilities_ts_v1.0.1.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have to do anything to enable the jQuery intellisence in DW CS5? I try to do some jQuery coding in CS5 trial version, but no code hinting shown up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I install this jQuery Utilities  Toolset v1.0.1 in my DW CS5 trial version? (no exe file found in the downloaded content)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sag-e-Attar.

Thanks for the extension. I have not tried everything, but it seems to work in CS4 just fine.

I noteiced it is not in the Adobe Dreamweaver Exchange, however. You might want to submit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it is. It is strange that it does not show up in the results of a search for "jQuery" ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2010 May 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you mean?

-- Sag-e-Attar Junaid Atari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no EXE file in this Archive (exe files always come with security risks). Use Adobe Extension Manager CS5 to install it.

How to Install it?

----------------------------

1. Open Adobe Extension Manager CS5.

2. Click File > Install Extension.

3. Browse the file /package.

4. Select .mxp File and Press OK.

5. Accept Licence and Install this.

This works on both versions (Trial / Full). you need CS3 or above version to install it.

@DON BOSKO: Am working on jQuery Code hinting.. This will availabe soon.

Thanks for download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above jQuery plugin is very good.

But do I have to do anything to enable the jQuery intellisence in DW CS5? I  try to do some jQuery coding in CS5 trial version, but no code hinting  shown up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The intellsense works with any js or php. Site -> Site-Specific Code-Hints and select the folders you want DW to look in. DW doesn't have a specific jQuery thing going on. Nor should it. I cant think of 5 other js libraries that are popular too. Should DW include something special for them all?

Also, the intellsense isn't gonna write code for you. It helps (especially if you using something like Zend with it long function/class names).

I'm sure extension developers will release extensions addressing specific js libraries soon.  I wouldn't mind having one for Dojo, for instance.  in the mean time, I got DW to display functions for me. Saving me research/typing time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This extension is developed by me. I love to know what people wants in DW. If you are looking for feature in this extension, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. I got it.

I think all want intellsence to understand and suggest jquery's short-hand. Seeing the functions isn't a problem. It's the short hand. Personally, since every damn js library has like it's own style, I don't blame Adobe for not picking one.

Or am I understanding this wrong?

Oh and thanks a bunch for the toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, your right in my sense. and Thanks for using my thing.

Well here is the Demo of Extention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDSkTA2JcLg

Again thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines