• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Premiere Pro Won't Capture HDV

New Here ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS5 Production Premium /  Windows 7 64 bit / Supermicro dual CPU Motherboard

I can capture  from either my Sony DV/HDV device or my JVC DV/HDV device in standard DV  but when I switch to HDV capture I can't get control of the device OR  the capability to capture through Firewire.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Trial version?

Capture preview is still missing in HDV.  Frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have the full upgrade to CS5 Production Premium.  I have been struggling with CS4 Premiere Pro's functionality for a while so I figured I'd upgrade and only go through it once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine for me.

Did you set your capture mode to HDV in PR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the capture window go to the settings tab, then make sure that the capture format is set to HDV. If it isn't, click the edit button (under capture settings) and select HDV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses.  Yes all settings are correct for capture.  I have been capturing HDV since 2005 with PP2 and CS3 PP.  I upgraded to CS4 at the end of April and now I have received my CS5 upgrade and installed it.  Everything seems to be working fine with the exception of HDV capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jsink

you mentioned you've been capturing since '05 so I assume you've tried this but will mention it anyway- make sure your Sony and JVC HDV cams are both set in their menus to output HDV from ieee-1394 ports- and not in HDV-DV downconvert mode

I would set this setting before hooking the firewire cable up to your cpu- and like others have said make sure you have HDV as your capture format selected in CS5 when starting a new project

Hope this helps

best

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the thought Tony.  I have gone through every combination with both the JVC and Sony decks and PP.  The techs at Adobe took a remote look at my machine and they said this was a new issue and have "escalated" it as a priority.  In the meantime I am working in CS3 on XP because at least that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what a croc

I'll be sticking with CS4- I don't know how Adobe releases software with essential things like Sony, JVC HDV capture missing

Here's hoping they resolve it swiftly- at least you got CS3 to hold onto for now

Best

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous.

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your set-up?

I don't know how Adobe releases software with essential things like Sony, JVC HDV capture missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing wrong with my setup at all

not sure why that question is directed at me- I'm just sympathizing with a fellow Premiere Pro user on HDV capture- as for me I don't even have CS5 but CS4 continues to give me issues with sync when capturing from HDV- the audio/video will get out of sync on capture form HDV fairly regularly. So even though it's not the same issue the op is experiencing I can still relate to the issues he is/was having.

Now I capture all HDV with HDV Split (along with pretty much everyone that uses HDV on these forums)- which is a free program- I'd rather capture HDV with Pr Pro CS4 that I paid for as part of the prod suite- but I cannot rely on the quality of the PR Pro CS4 HDV capture

so again nothing wrong with my setup- just wondering what is wrong with Adobe's setup

Win 7 64 bit pro

i7 980x

12gb ram

gtx 260

CS4

3 TB storage

3x 1 tb drives

1 TB drive programs

1 TB drive scratch disks

1 TB drive media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did't mean 'what's wrong with your computer,' I'm talking about the whole setup in general, which includes the device, the machine, and Premiere.

It had been a while since this thread was visited, and I wanted to follow up, because we do support those devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct solution, turn off the HDV-DV downconvert mode on output settings your camera. Works like a dream now for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem, hope someone finds a solution. I'm trying to capture off a Canon HV40. I'm using Windows 7 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try HDVsplit, per John's suggestion? If so, what were the results? Were you able to capture successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this exact same problem. Fixed it by going into the camera settings and turning off i-link. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I tried this and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have CS5 running on a Windows 7 environment and my JVC HD100 camera will not activate in the Capture window.  I have 2 other cameras that I can capture from, but for some reason it will not recognize the JVC. Actually it is kind of funny, every once in a while I can get it to recognize, but I haven't been able to figure out what the combination of errors is that allows me to consistenly get it to recognize the camera. I also have tried every combination of settings I can think of and have even tried changing the drivers for the 1394 port back to the Legacy drivers but to no avail. Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While having the camera on try switching back and fourth from Camera mode to VCR mode.  This worked for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that about 20 times and no-dice. Any other suggestions?

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erikka

Probably already tried this but just a thought- try shutting down your cpu (not restart) then once cpu is off unhook the firewire cable from both cpu and cam- then rehook them up to cpu and cam and reboot. Also if that dosen't work try starting the cpu up without the firewire connected and then connecting it once Premiere Pro CS5 is opened

Just some thoughts

Hopefully you can get it working again

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a very similar problem with a Sony HDV camera, using Premiere CS5 on a PC. 

I followed Jamie_White's tip above and turned off the i-Link option in the camera's menu.  Then everthing worked perfectly fine.  The footage doesn't monitor in the capture window as it would with SD footage, but you can still see that it's working. 

Sounds like you already tried this, but it worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>footage doesn't monitor in the capture window as it would with SD footage

Not supposed to... which is why you may want to use hdvsplit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With most Sony HDV cameras or recorders, you have to have the output set to HDV or DV, as appropriate - the AUTO setting will not work. If you change this setting, you must do it with the camera disconnected, then re-connect it via firewire.

I have a Sony V1E camera and a sony GV-HD700 recorder, and the above applies to both of them - as does the need to change the firewire driver to "legacy".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines