• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import questions into Captivate 4 from a delimited file

May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking

a way to import questions from a delimited text file (or excel spreadsheet)

into captivate.

All the questions are simple multiple choice, single answer, four selections per question.

I have hundreds - I'd hate to have to retype them all in one at a time.

Thanks in advance

-Joan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am unaware of any means to accomplish that. I've never seen it done.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As Rick points out, certainly not an easy way for the moment. But that doesn't mean you have to 'retype' all.

Was thinking of this workaround:

• create a CP-file, insert one Question slide, p.e. a Multiple choice and configure it as you want, you can use 'dummy' question and answers
  • duplicate this Question slide (CTRL-D) as many times as you want (within the limits of CP, but for questions slides in CP4 you can easily go up to 120 slides), save; the score of each slide will be the same
  • export the captions to a Word-document (File, Export, Project Captions and Closed captions)
  • in the Word document, you 'll have two colums, to the left the original data (dummy), in the right column you can paste the real questions (perhaps even use a macro in Word); here is a snapshot of result for one slide
    QuestionDoc.jpg
  • re-import the changed Word document in the CP-file (File, Import, Project Captions and Closed Captions)

A similar workflow could be used with a XML-file (but I'm more comfortable with the Word-version)

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone know if this is a feature in Captivate 5. 

Other things I would really like to see in Captivate 5.

Importing and Exporting the graded quiz/test content out of captivate into another

application/ form.  Such as xml, tab delimited, excel spreadsheet,

Adobe pdf, Word document or another format.  Our current content

developement systems allows us to (when publishing) do this.

1> exclude questions from the Published content

(exclude section questions, or final test content)

2> produce different test versions from question banks

3> Produce a PDF paper test for when we want to train in a classroom setting

4> Select which questions we want to produce

5> Import questions from a pre-defined format.  To note: when we do this the system also makes us define a unique interaction id so that the import will update existing questions.

I know this will NOT work for some of the more sophisticated questions, But for the simple Mulitple choice, true/false, fill in the blank.  etc..

THIS WOULD BE A GREAT FEATURE..

It would also be NICE TO HAVE THE abiliy to PROFILE versions of the SAME Course WITH OUT REPRODUCING / DUPLICATING / REPEATING THE  ENTIRE COURSE PRESENTATION.

Such as

"INSTRUCTOR TAUGHT TRAINING"

"WEB TRAINING"

"PAPER TEST A"

"PAPER TEST B"

ETC...

LASTLY: if we can not export the QUIZ content.  Can an excel spreadsheet LIKE INTERFACE be used to edit certain aspects of the questions.

Such as the InteractionId which is sent to the LMS ('cmi.interactions.0.id').  My developer team says it is real difficult and time consuming

to track down interactionIds and then maintain them in a perfect way.

Thanks,

Doug Lubey of Louisiana

www.douglubey.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources