• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Flash can not parse this document" - CS5 Issue

New Here ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I have an FLA which CS5 has apparently corrupted on a save... (When you load up the FLA in CS5, it now fails and sends "Flash can not parse this document" to the output window.

Unfortunately I only found the corrupted nature of this file AFTER I had conducted my regular routine of backing up my files - which means the backed up file is ALSO corrupt. I'm shooting in the dark here, but is there any way that the FLA can be recovered? Desperate as this is a project I have worked the last month on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Ben.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Hi,

We discovered that the file becomes corrupted due to the empty frame in the following asset:

1. Open the FLA in Flash CS4

2. Open the Library panel.

3. Browse to _movieclips & bitmaps/_gui/_menu wheel/Gui_Wheel_ButtonOverlay_On and open it for edit in symbol-mode.

4. Insert a keyframe in Layer 2 of that movieclip.

5. Save FLA

Thanks for sending us your FLA so we could narrow down the problem.

-Nivesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the similar type of problem. My file was crashed when I was working on it and now when I try to open it, it passes the same error message on my output panel. This is the only file I have, PLEASE HELP.

I also noticed that there is one new file with SWZ format created in the same folder, where I have the main file, with the name of textLayout_1.0.0.595.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully I just found out that I had Version Control auto enabled on my Windows 7 machine, so I'm back in business with a recent version... However, I have a colleague that this issue has also affected on more than one occasion - and it seems to be localised to saving a file as a CS5 .fla or .xfl  ... however the Save As CS4 .fla works just peachy. This could be a rather critical bug if more than a couple of people have hit this issue...

Any Adobe techs wish to comment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well in my case I had CS4 file opened and saved through CS5, so I  don't know which version it was saved to. But I found one interesting  software, SWF Decompiler, on another forum discussion:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/2812507#2812507. But you have to purchase the software to get your AS back.

Ben, you are right. This should be fixed... Hello, is there any Adobe Tech. looking at this discussion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I emailed you two off-list for the CS 4 FLA files that get corrupted when saved as CS 5 versions.  We would like to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Nivesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nivesh,

Sorry for late reply. Attched are the files that I have mentioned in the

forum. One is fla file, which was created in flash CS4 and modified and

saved from flash CS5 and ultimately crashed. And another one is, I believe,

created during the error process.

What are the chances that I can get my work back? And how long the

investigation process will take?

Thanks

Jinesh Vora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nivesh,

I just sent you those files.

What are the chances that I can get my work back? And how long the

investigation process will take?

Thanks

Jinesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We discovered that the file becomes corrupted due to the empty frame in the following asset:

1. Open the FLA in Flash CS4

2. Open the Library panel.

3. Browse to _movieclips & bitmaps/_gui/_menu wheel/Gui_Wheel_ButtonOverlay_On and open it for edit in symbol-mode.

4. Insert a keyframe in Layer 2 of that movieclip.

5. Save FLA

Thanks for sending us your FLA so we could narrow down the problem.

-Nivesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what does it mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jinesh,

The reply above was to BenLeffler's post and the FLA he emailed me.

We are still investigating your FLA.  Do you have a CS 4 copy of your FLA before it got corrupted?  If so, can you email me that one?

Thanks,

Nivesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that was the same file I opened with CS5. I don't have any other copy, I

wish I had it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any luck yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the problem is not solved. The file cannot be restored. Decisions are not present! Do backup copies before work and after it is more often. I am very upset!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thank you for the response. But I was checking with Nivesh. I think I

should address him in the message, but I guess the answer will be the same

though - the file cannot be restored...

Again as it was mentioned... this is really a critical problem. This means

that any project that we worked on with CA4 cannot be opened with CS5

otherwise there are more chances to get into a really big trouble. And this

means that you have to have 2 pcs and each should have different versions of

flash... very sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that it is a problem in CS5, instead of in our works. I think, it is necessary to pass to older versions that it is productive to work, for example CS4 or CS3...

When I have noticed problems working over the project the error has arisen in Flash. I have tried to cancel (Undo ctrl+z), but errors began to appear one for another. I have closed Flash but after that mine fla file has been irrevocably damaged.

These are serious defects in Flash CS5, and I think that we early have passed on CS5...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I emailed you a fixed version of your FLA yesterday afternoon off-list.  One of my co-workers was able to recover your FLA file.  The issue was due to the following library assets containing empty frames:

MovieClip/sprite 40

MovieClip/sprite 46

MovieClip/sprite 52

Please let me know whether you received that email or not.

We are still trying to narrow down Jinesh's issue.

Thanks,

Nivesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several days ago I have also got the same issue. A whole one week work was completely

damaged. Had to start all over.

Definitely not good from Adobe to RTM a software with such a critical bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have received my fla file. But my sprites are empty! All my work has disappeared! I should start work over again!

If it is interesting to developers, has begun that I have drag and drop one keyframe from one layer to another layer. After that problems with action cancellation (ctrl+z) have begun, and then the file was completely damaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some testing yesterday. Saved some CS4 files in CS5 format. It

damaged on average 2 files from 10.

As it seems, at Saving stage, CS5 does not save all components of FLA correctly, cause the "saved file" is notably smaller than the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I created a very large fla project in cs4, installed the flash cs5. Worked yesterday an entire day, saved as cs5 (the fla file format) tried to open it this morning, following error:

Flash can not parse this document.
An error occurred opening file 'D:\projectssvnnew\name\presentatie\FLASH\presentatie_dynamicVersion_v2\name_air_app_19-05-2010c.fla'
The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

Cannot find file D:\projectssvnnew\name\presentatie\FLASH\presentatie_dynamicVersion_v2\name_air_app_19-05-2010c.fla.

I saved it twice yesterday and the 2 files are damaged...

this really sucks...

First experience with flash cs5 is the worst experience I've had with flash (using it since macromedia flash 3.0) or any other software

edit: I tried to unzip the fla, but the xfl file in the fla cannot be opened. It results in the following error:

An error occurred opening file

'D:\projectssvnnew\name\presentatie\FLASH\presentatie_dynamicVersion_v2\name_air_app_19-05-2010c.xfl'

Message was edited by: behived_new: removed client name + added extra info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nivesh,

Thank you very much. After a quick round of testing, it appears that your suggestion has fixed the problem. I have also managed to replicate the issue on another test .FLA file utilizing the same issue. I guess that it is handy to know how to avoid this rather critical issue in future.

Cheers,

Ben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help me please! Some days worked over the project, and today FlashCS5 cannot open my project, inform on an erro:

"Flash can not parse this document."

or

"An error occurred opening file 'F:\Rus\_site\??????? ??????\top_menu_anime_ver2.fla'
The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

Cannot find file F:\Rus\_site\????????????? ???????\top_menu_anime_ver2.fla."

What to do? Here there is no answer, but somebody can has solved this problem?

1. When I worked over my project at first cancellation function has "Undo". I could not cancel action (Ctrl+Z did not work).
2. The history list has disappeared from the screen (became empty).
3. I have closed FlashCS5, having save my project.
4. I can not open the project because of an error: "Flash can not parse this document."

Help me please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I emailed you off-list requesting your FLA file so we can investigate.  If you don't receive the email, please check your junk-mail filter.

Thanks,

Nivesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue, but i have no versionning system on this FLA, and have one (crached) version of this file ... So I'm screwed ...

Adobe has no solution to fix this problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. Although I have mentioned it in the beginning of the discussion, but still here you go again, for those who are new: go to this link http://www.sothink.com/product/flashdecompiler/index.htm and download trial version to atleast get your components back (note trial version won't get AS back). Some of them can be in modified version, but still it is better than nothing.

I used for my project and I saved little time with it. And I am sure some of you who have big projects can save time as well and probably for small ones it can be blessings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines