• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The version of Adobe® Flash® Player ActiveX that you are trying to install is not the most current v

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm installing Flash Player on my Windows 7 64-bit OS using IE 8 32-bit. The installation terminates and the log file contains the following. (Please note, this log file was in "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash"). Flash player (32-bit) has been working, but just currently quit working. Advise please.

Start Main Section - Date=13/05/2010 (Thursday)
Time=8:14:27
CreateDirectory: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash" (1)
Call: 441
Safety Check
Call: 116
Call: 1191
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\nsdB8C7.tmp\UserInfo.dll"
File: wrote 4096 to "C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\nsdB8C7.tmp\UserInfo.dll"
CheckAdminPermissions Name = Rich
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\nsdB8C7.tmp\UserInfo.dll"
File: skipped: "C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\nsdB8C7.tmp\UserInfo.dll" (overwriteflag=1)
CheckAdminPermissions Account Type = Admin
Jump: 148
Call: 148
Call: 74
GetWindowsVersion -

CheckSupportedPlatform  - OS=

Call: 447
CheckFPPermissions
GetWindowsVersion -

File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\nsdB8C7.tmp\fpinstall.dll"
File: wrote 8704 to "C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\nsdB8C7.tmp\fpinstall.dll"
ObjectExistsAndIsOwnedBySomeoneElse = 0
Jump: 490
MessageBox: 12582960,"The version of Adobe® Flash® Player ActiveX that you are trying to install is not the most current version.
Please visit http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer to obtain the latest, most secure version."
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\nsdB8C7.tmp\fpinstall.dll")
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\nsdB8C7.tmp\System.dll")
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\nsdB8C7.tmp\UserInfo.dll")
RMDir: RemoveDirectory("C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\nsdB8C7.tmp\")

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What FP version do you have currently installed (check http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/)?

Did you at any time install the FP 10.1 beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good question. I may have installed FP 10.1 Beta in many of the attempts to resolve the issue. I've scanned my registry for any reference to Flash and removed anything that remotely resembles Flash Player (of course backing up Registry first). I've run uninstall_flash_player.exe, which doesn't appear to do anything. I've checked logs and there's no reference to Flash Player being installed.

When I go to the link provided ( http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/) I get the messageThe version of Adobe® Flash® Player ActiveX that you are trying to install is not the most current version. Please visit http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer to obtain the latest, most secure version. and when I look at the log (install.log) I see an attempt to install Flash Player. Here's the most recent log file:

Start Main Section - Date=14/05/2010 (Friday)
Time=7:02:52
CreateDirectory: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash" (1)
Call: 441
Safety Check
Call: 116
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\UserInfo.dll"
File: wrote 4096 to "C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\UserInfo.dll"
CheckAdminPermissions Name = developer
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\UserInfo.dll"
File: skipped: "C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\UserInfo.dll" (overwriteflag=1)
CheckAdminPermissions Account Type = Admin
Jump: 148
Call: 148
GetWindowsVersion -

CheckSupportedPlatform  - OS=

Call: 447
CheckFPPermissions
GetWindowsVersion -

File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\fpinstall.dll"
File: wrote 8704 to "C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\fpinstall.dll"
ObjectExistsAndIsOwnedBySomeoneElse = 0
Jump: 490
MessageBox: 12582960,"The version of Adobe® Flash® Player ActiveX that you are trying to install is not the most current version.
Please visit http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer to obtain the latest, most secure version."
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\NSISArray.dll"
File: wrote 17920 to "C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\NSISArray.dll"
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\fpinstall.dll")
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\NSISArray.dll")
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\System.dll")
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\UserInfo.dll")
RMDir: RemoveDirectory("C:\Users\DEVELO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nspDCDD.tmp\")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded both flashplayer10_1_rc4_activex_050510.exe and flashplayer10_1_rc4_plugin_050510.exe. I've just installed the activex and my 32-bit version of IE is returning the version (You have version 10,1,53,38 installed). Success!

However, when I go to www.adobe.com/software/flash/about on my 64-bit version of IE I'm not getting the version. Do I need to install the rc4 plugin too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player currently can only run on 32-bit browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help and guidance. I'll just patiently await the 64-bit version of flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem as you but if you go to that link he gave you above you will find a direct download to install flash player 10.1 on your windows 7 64 bit system.  Go down to debugger builds and you will find the exe for windows 7.  It just worked for me after tons of frustration like you were going through. Hopefully it will work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please tell me how to get flashplayer10_1_rc4_activex_050510.exe and flashplayer10_1_rc4_plugin_050510.exe because I am getting the same message that you got and i am getting blue screens of DEATH!!! please help thanks for reading this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines