Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS Live. Failed to connect. Try again

May 18, 2010 4:02 PM

Hi

Just installed cs5 Master suite, typed in my password into the CS Live consol in Indesign and now I get the line "Failed to connect. Try again" in red under the login box. What is going on? Is this a server/firewall related issue? How do I go about fixing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Phil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2010 4:39 PM   in reply to Phriedryce

Hi Phil,

Sorry you're having trouble signing in.  A few questions....

1. Did you enter (or create) an Adobe ID during the CS5 Master Collection installation?

2. Did you ever have any prerelease (beta) version of a CS5 application on this computer?

3. Do you have CS4 applications still on the computer?

4. If you go to acrobat.com, can you sign in there successfully using your Adobe ID?

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2010 8:29 AM   in reply to Phriedryce

Phil,

If you sign in to your account at acrobat.com, when you click the "+ New" button, does "CS Review" appear on the menu that drops down (as in the screenshot below)?

Is CSReview on the menu.jpg

Also, do you recall if you received the "Welcome" and "verification" email from Acrobat.com?

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2010 2:38 PM   in reply to Phriedryce

Ah, that's probably the problem there.

In order to use CS Review, you must have an active CS Live subscription (when you sign up for CS Live before April 30, 2011, you get 12 months of complimentary access).  When you enter (or create) an Adobe ID during the installation (or when prompted later), that registers your software, and it also activates your subscription to CS Live services, including CS Review.

If your IT colleague installed the software and they entered their own Adobe ID, then the CS Live subscription is associated with their Adobe ID, not yours.  If you try signing in with their Adobe ID, then I would expect the connection to be successful.  Please try and let us know.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2010 9:48 AM   in reply to Phriedryce

Hi Phil,

Lets see if you can access other "extensions" that load things via the internet from the CS5 applications.  Please try this:

1. Launch Photoshop CS5
    2. Click Window > Extensions > Kuler

Does the Kuler panel appear, and does it load with color themes?

By the way, when you (or your IT helper) entered your Adobe ID during installation, you/they should have received a verification email from acrobat.com.  Please check to see if that arrived.  If so, be sure to click the link in the body of that message to confirm your email.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2012 2:17 PM   in reply to David Herman - Adobe

Hi Guys,

I am also having the same issue. I am unable to connect to CS live through Indesign."Failed to connect. Try again". However my login works fine on Acrobat.com.

I have just updated to CS5.5 and upon opening Indesign for the first time I was asked to enter my adobe ID, which I did and I recieved the same message. ."Failed to connect. Try again"

I have made countless calls to adobe tech support who have been of no use what so ever.

Things I have already tried:

- Created a new adobe ID (same exact issues)

- Reset my password

- Installed all updates, including flashplayer, Folio Builder panel CS5.5  and Folio Producer tools for InDesign CS5.5

Any help would be much appreciated

Andrew

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to Thermo Fisher Scientific

Andrew,

An initial guess is that something has become corrupted with your Cache or Preferences for InDesign. I will send you instructions for your operating system. Are you on Mac or Windows, and which version?

Thanks.

Ken G. Rice

Quality Engineer

Adobe Systems

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to Ken G. Rice

Hi Ken

Thanks For the quick response, I am running windows 7 professional.

Cheers

Andrew

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2012 3:06 PM   in reply to Thermo Fisher Scientific

Andrew,

1. Before deleting/moving the Caches and Preferences shut down InDesign.
    2. In the paths below %homepath% is just a variable that expands to something like C:\Users\andrew. I am also assuming your version of InDesign is en_US, otherwise the language_country folder may vary.
    3. Caches are located here %homepath%\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version 7.5\en_US\Caches. You can delete the folder Caches.
    4. Preferences are located here %homepath%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\Version 7.5\en_US. Inside the en_US folder you should see folders for Composite Font, Scripts, Workspaces; and files for Color Settings, InDesign Defaults, and PlugInConfig.txt. You can either delete the en_US folder and its contents, or move it to another location if there are pieces of it you want. If you have created custom workspaces or panel layouts in InDesign , and do not want to have to recreate them you can save the Workspaces folder.
    5. Launch InDesign.
    6. Both Caches and Preferences defaults will be automatically re-generated when InDesign launches.

Let me know if this fixes being able to sign in to CS Live. If not, the next step will be to modify a Registry entry to increase the logging level for CS Live and have you email the logs.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2012 3:28 PM   in reply to Ken G. Rice

Hi Ken

Thanks for the instructions

I have deleted the Caches, however the preferences are not showing under the path you have suggested.

This is what come up under the suggested path

C:\Users\andrew.dennis\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS5.5\Configuration\Extensions

Should I delete the configuration folder?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2012 3:34 PM   in reply to Thermo Fisher Scientific

Andrew,

Are you able to sign in with just your Caches removed?

Rather than delete it, move it to your Desktop (or somewhere else that is convenient). Then launch InDesign and see what gets generated, and also if you can now sign in.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2012 3:42 PM   in reply to Ken G. Rice

Hi Ken

This I what was generated (see below)

and still won't connect.

Untitled-1.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2012 4:00 PM   in reply to Thermo Fisher Scientific

Andrew,

All right, we will move on to capturing the logs.

1. Close InDesign.
    2. Open the Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS2.5Preferences/LogLevel. Change the LogLevel from 1 to 6.
    3. Launch InDesign and try to log in to CS Live.
    4. The log file is located at %homepath%\AppData\Local\Temp\CSXS2.5-IDSN.log.
    5. Zip up CSXS2.5-IDSN.log and email it to kenrice@adobe.com.
    6. You can switch the LogLevel back to 1 in the Registry.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2012 5:02 PM   in reply to Ken G. Rice

Hi Ken,

Apologies I am not sure what you mean by open Registory Editor

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2012 5:13 PM   in reply to Thermo Fisher Scientific

Andrew,

That is fine, no need to apologize. Here are the step:

1. Click on the round Start button in the bottom left of your screen.
    2. Click in the Search box and type 'regedit' and you should get a result for 'regedit.exe'. Press the Enter key.
    3. Click the Yes button for the User Account Control dialog.
    4. Now the Registry Editor should open. It looks a bit like Windows Explorer with folders on the left and information on the right.
    5. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS2.5Preferences.
    6. Double click on the LogLevel entry on the right and change the Value Data field from 1 to 6. Click the OK button.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2012 8:57 AM   in reply to Phriedryce

still all these steps don't help!!! support

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2012 9:04 AM   in reply to Ken G. Rice

i spent 2 hours trying to get any help from support and trying all these steps that you suggest

as it is not for the first time a it reallly appers to be bug

some error in your programm

i can sign in via acrobat. com but i can't sign in via any of my programms from design premium 5.5 pack!

really annoying

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points