• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition 3.0.1 crashes with R6025 error every time

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the Adobe Audition trial installer, as well as the Audition 3.0.1 patch.  Both installs went very smooth.

Tried to run AA3, and get the "this is a trial version" message.  Clicked Continue, splash screen comes up, and then the app itself finally shows up, but I get an error message right away:

Shutting Down: To continue working where you left off, please restart Audition.

After that, AA3 closes and I get:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!

R6025 - pure virtual function call

As of yet, I have been unable to completely load the program even once.

I looked around for a few quick tips, what I found:

• uninstall QuickTime (I don't have QuickTime installed)
  • clear out %appdata%\Adobe\Audition\3.0
  • Remove (or rename) C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Audition 3.0\en_us\ImporterQT.prm

... none of which helped any.   Can anybody help me with this?

TOPICS
Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Henry, can you give us some more specifics about your system?

Also, did you download the AA3 demo from the Adobe site or get it from somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric, thanks for responding.

Yes, I downloaded both the AA3 installer and the 3.0.1 update installer from Adobe.com.

My system is an Acer Aspire 4720-4538 notebook computer.  I have, however, replaced the 2GB of generic-brand memory with 3GB of G.SKILL memory, and replaced the 120GB hard drive with a 400GB Western Digital Scorpio Blue.  The CPU is an Intel Pentium Dual-Core T2390, 1.86 GHz.

All I can find out about the audio card is that it is a "Realtek High Definition Audio."  I can't find any specific model number for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that problem and eventually had to do a clean install of XP.

The problem seemed to begin after I installed some other software, and uninstalling didn't help.

I found this:

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403357

Try running audition as a different user, creating a new one if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a mess.

Well, I'll go ahead a create a user as a test to see if it works, but migrating all of my settings to a new user account (or worse, doing a full reinstall of Windows) is probably more trouble to me than Audition is worth.

I'll let you know how it goes, though.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, none of the above suggestions worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem a year ago and found that I had a CD burner that AA3 didn't like.  When I removed it, the problem went away.  I have re-connected the CD burner since then and so far everything is still ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lgbecker,

I'm using a laptop, so using a different burner isn't an easy option for me.  I suppose I could *try* it with the burner removed, though.

I'm curious if Soundbooth would have a similar problem.  I'm not sure if there is a Soundbooth trial/demo, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about Soundbooth although the driver and burning portion of the software is the same for both programs.? My understanding is that it is licensed from another software programmer and is the same in both programs so they may act the same in this situation.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2009 Oct 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soundbooth doesn't have any CD burning or ripping components, and is a very different code base, so it's unlikely you'd see the same issue, or that it would be a reliable test.

If you'd like to determine if it is indeed the CD/DVD drive in the laptop, you could easily temporarily disable the hardware.  Either through Windows Device Manager or through the laptop BIOS.  If the problem occurs when it's disabled in one or both of these locations, we can probably rule that out as the culprit.

Has this edition ever launched successfully?  I think what we'll need to know is what exactly happens up to the point you receive this particular error.  (The error, by the way, is a rather generic one that offers no helpful information other than "your program is no longer running."  Grr.)  You double click the icon and the splash screen comes up...  It lists the different modules that are loading...  it opens to the default, empty multitrack interface...

when you get the error, what is the last thing that occurred?  If it happens during the splash screen/modules loading phase, what is the last module displayed before the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is also the Educational Version BTW. Audition 3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last thing that I have done is open the edit menu then it takes a crap. I have multi-track view fine, but when I go to edit view, it piles up telling me to open AA3 to continue where I left off. That is whats happening for me. HELP!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh.  That's helpful.  My first guess would be that the Edit View Workspaces files have become corrupted.  I'm not sure if you're on XP or Vista, but open My Computer and navigate to the following directories:

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Audition\3.0\DefaultWorkspaces\EV\

Vista:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\3.0\DefaultWorkspaces\EV\

Rename or delete the file "Default Edit View.xml" and then launch Audition.  It should recreate this file and, if my hunch is correct, solve the problem.

If not, let me know and we'll keep hacking.

Durin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running Vista and I cannot access the file you speak of. Do you have to hard start the computer using DLL? I searched all thru all of the files and I found files called Adobe Editing Modes - in 6 different folders, all .xml files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Ahh.  That's helpful.  My first guess would be that the Edit View Workspaces files have become corrupted.  I'm not sure if you're on XP or Vista, but open My Computer and navigate to the following directories:

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Audition\3.0\DefaultWorkspaces\EV\

Vista:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\3.0\DefaultWorkspaces\EV\

Rename or delete the file "Default Edit View.xml" and then launch Audition.  It should recreate this file and, if my hunch is correct, solve the problem.

If not, let me know and we'll keep hacking.

Durin"

this fixed it for me, thanks so much man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant. I was having the same problem out of the blue, and this procedure worked for me on Vista. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gracias fue muy util tu informacion, sin embargo yo tuve q eliminar los archivos .xml de las tres carpetas y volvio todo a la normalidad gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this. you have saved me a lot of time and stress.

thank god for nice guys like you helping us lot out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2011 May 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Acer netbook w/ XP.

AA3 has worked perfectly for more than a year until yesterday, when the identical crash R6025 began occurring whenever I clicked on edit view.  I uninstalled & reinstalled w/ same problem.  I followed your instruction but there is no directory for Application Data.  Under 3.0 there is no file called Default Workspace.  NOW WHAT?  HELP!  I NEED this to work!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2011 May 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to go into Windows Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View and enable "Show Hidden Files and Folders". Then you should be able to find the Application Data folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an Adobe account just so I could log in and say a big "Thank You" to everyone in this thread!  Deleting the Edit View .xml file did the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally fixed my problem! You are a lifesaver!

Note: files are hidden, so you have to show them, but apart from that it was easy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all these years, this thread is PERFECT. Thank you so much for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And this was it. God Bless you - saved me. I use AA 3 only for one thing anymore - but I need it functioning! This did the trick!!

-Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines