Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver interface - outline font

Feb 25, 2010 2:03 PM

Hi I have been using dreamweaver cs4 for some months now and the font being used in the interface of dreamweaver is like a font called "Basic Font" .. this is NOT the font used in the preference panel .. as i have changed all of them to verdana .. this is the actual font used by dreamweaver as titles/labels for their interfaces such as the property inspector etc.

DreamweaverFont.jpg

I have been right through the preferences and cant find anything that will fix it.  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2010 4:34 PM   in reply to broomeGirl

I've seen this occur on a Mac before.  The font that shows up will vary.  The culprit is always a corrupted font file.  If you go into the Font Book you should be able to determine the font and remove it and it should go back to normal.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2010 6:07 AM   in reply to broomeGirl

In Font Book cmd+a to select all, then File->Validate Fonts.  Delete anything that does not validate.  Another quick solution will require a better quality screenshot than what you posted and some cropping, the WhatTheFont tool will usually match up the font as well: WhatTheFont! « MyFonts

Also your Windows fonts should not be in that Font Book at all. They should be contained within the virtual environment or within the partition with Windows depending on your setup.  If they are contained in the Font Book they should really be separated out in there.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2010 10:40 PM   in reply to broomeGirl

i'm having trouble and it's specifically THAT FONT.

with CS5 though - what did it for you in the end?

-Louis

UPDATE: while i was unable to find the font at fault using Apple's Font Book, I downloaded an apparently free version of linotype font explorer 1.2.3 last night. Though it's an old program (had plugins for CS3 and CS2 applications (!) )  it displayed an unnamed (or unrecognized) font with a number of question marks. A truetype font, style also had question marks as placeholders. Just sort by name or style and you should be able to find it at or near the top of your list.

Message was edited by: LRImages

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2011 9:44 PM   in reply to LRImages

the font that i found was my error was file named b5hollow

remove all files of this name and problem gone

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to broomeGirl

I've been having exactly the same problem. I validated all fonts in Fontbook and deleted any fonts that had errors or even warnings. I then went back through my list of fonts in Fontbook and deleted any duplicate fonts.

b5hollow is not on my list btw.

What the font didn't bring me any luck either.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 1:18 AM   in reply to k_the_buster

Hey Guys,

I've been having the same problem though when i try to delete duplicates/errored fonts my Mac is freaking out and jsut giving me the wee spinning rainbow kaleidiscope thingy (working mouse icon). I've over 3000 fonts - 964 minor problems, 176 with serious errors. Anyway i can get Font Book to push this through?

Cheers

Jim

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 6:54 AM   in reply to jimmyuisken

jimmyuisken wrote:

Hey Guys,

I've been having the same problem though when i try to delete duplicates/errored fonts my Mac is freaking out and jsut giving me the wee spinning rainbow kaleidiscope thingy (working mouse icon). I've over 3000 fonts - 964 minor problems, 176 with serious errors. Anyway i can get Font Book to push this through?

Cheers

Jim

Jimmy, Fontbook is ok for basic management, but for that many fonts you really need to consider an investment in Font Management.  There are plenty of tools out there from FontExplorerX Pro, to Suitcase Fusion, and FontAgent Pro.  Personally I use FontExplorerX Pro without any issues.  Works great with most of the Adobe suite, but no plugins for DW or Fireworks, but ID, PS and Illustrator work just fine.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points