Skip navigation
cunningr
Currently Being Moderated

Digital signature will not work in Reader

Oct 22, 2009 7:12 AM

I need help I have been working on a new form I want to have digatally signed.  I add the digital signature box, in the test pdf it pulls in my digital certificates and works.  Once I save the form and try opening it with adobe reader 9 nothing happens when I click the signature block.  On the other hand when it is opened in adobe pro the signatures work.  I am saving the file as static and tried several combinations of options and nothing seems to work.  Can anybody give me some easy to follow instructions?  I am using version 8.  I appreciate any help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 22, 2009 7:30 AM   in reply to cunningr

You cannot sign a PDF with Reader unless the PDF has been Reader Extended to enable digital signatures.  This can be done with Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES (server product) or Acrobat Pro (select Extend Features in Adobe Raeder from the Advanced menu)

Regards

Steve

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2010 6:32 AM   in reply to SForrest96

Would it be possible for you to please give a step by step on how to do

what your saying?  I am using version 8 pro and

i am able to sign the form just fine however the folks i sent it to cannot.

Thanks much

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2010 6:02 PM   in reply to cunningr

Thanks!  That sure did the trick!!!

reply to

MASTERKKLEIN1@YAHOO.COM

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2010 9:43 AM   in reply to MKklein1

I am having the same problem with signatures.  I am including a form in a pdf portfolio to collect signatures from different users who have Reader.  I make sure that features have been extended for reader. Most of the time they are okay.  But every once in a while (at least one every two weeks) I get a user telling me they can't sign.  No message or error of any kind, just a quick blink but no signature.  As a work-around I've had to save a copy and re-extend features.  This can be time consuming when there are a few documents I need to circulate.  Please advise.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points