• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS5--Video Stabilizer

New Here ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Premiere. Just purchased and installed CS5. I will be doing a lot of hand holding of the camera with nature and need a good stabilizer program. I found one called ProDad that looks good but not yet working on CS5. They say it will be release the end of this month and if so that may be a good solution. But there must be more to compare.

Anyone know of another solution. I am just not steady enough to hand hold the camera and not fix it.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Since PPro CS5 is 64bit, all plugins must be rewritten

You'll just have to wait until the various vendors complete that task

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since PPro CS5 is 64bit, all plugins must be rewritten

You'll just have to wait until the various vendors complete that task

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that because Premiere is 64 bit, software will have to be redone.  But I am still trying to determine if there is more than one product in the market. Usually there are a number of software companies providing software to do a specific task and I have only been able to find the one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say whether you have just Premiere or the entire Production Suite CS5. If you have the Suite, After Effects has both a built-in stablizer plug in and a free standing tracking program (mocha AE) that will also do clip stabilization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I do not have After Effects.  I probably do not need that so I will be looking for a plug in to Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>there must be more to compare

I'm not going to look, but Google has 75 thousand results

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=adobe+premiere+pro+video+stabilization&aq=0m&aqi=g-m1&aql=&...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a software plug in suite from Boris FX: http://www.borisfx.com/after_effects/bccae/  Third bullet from the bottom under "Key Features for After Effects Users" is what should work for your needs. These plug ins also install in PPro, even though they only mention AE. I use it and will be upgrading when I finally migrate up to CS5. If you just want the motion stabilizer, I believe that is possible for a lower price. The trial version is fully functional for 14 days. Continuum Complete 7AE was just released and is 64-bit/CS5 compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

BTW, do you use it in Premiere CS5 as opposed to After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below answer from Boris:

The Boris Continuum Optical Stabilizer Unit is currently not  compatible with Premiere Pro CS5.

We hope to update the Optical Stabilizer Unit within the next few weeks.

However, the Optical Stabilizer Plug-in within the Boris Continuum Complete 7 is compatible with Premiere Pro CS5.

As I mentioned we will be making this Plug-in available as a "unit" with in the next few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I use BCC within PPro. Sounds like you'll still be able to do the 14-day tryout with the working stabilizer in CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2010 Jul 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried installing optical stabilizerin Adobe Premiere Pro cst but does not show up. Working with Boris to determine if this program is going to work in Premiere Pro cs5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2011 Sep 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update this post, AfterEffects CS5.5 has the warp stabilizer.  Works really good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth checking out Mocha.  It's a pretty powerful tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ProDad Mecalli V2 Pro (Adobe listed as an approved plug-in) available as a trial download, works exceptionaly well in PP 5.5.2 used it for 5 months, but, you will need to render, but it is very fast and it will work on all versions going back to PP 1.5.1 as well as Premiere Elements 4>.

CS6.1 has the Warp Stabilizer included ,(previously in After Effects as an extra), but, have not used it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines