Skip navigation
Ouns
Currently Being Moderated

Can I buy PS5 the eBay or other website or not ?

May 23, 2010 4:35 PM

because the low price.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2010 5:14 PM   in reply to Ouns

If it seems too good to be true it usually is.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 23, 2010 6:19 PM   in reply to Ouns

To reinforce what Bob has said, fraud is RAMPANT.  Don't assume because it's on eBay that someone has checked its legitimacy.  Many, many software packages are sold illegitimately there.

Ask yourself this:  At this point in time, when Photoshop CS5 is brand new, why would ANYONE be discounting it deeply?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2010 8:57 AM   in reply to Ouns

Amazon sells real software... and I am sure there are many other honest dealers... too many cases of fraud reported for me to buy software from eBay

Read this http://forums.adobe.com/thread/372537

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2011 8:23 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Hi Team

I look forward to buy Photoshop CS5 one day because of its comprehensive features. To me, there is nothing else that can beat Adobe Photoshop for its purposes.

I hesitate (at this moment) because of the price.

This question has been on my mind for some time already. Yes, I am tempted to buy from eBay because there appears to be "good deals" ... very good deals :-)

What if I get the serial number from the seller (before I buy) and check with Adobe if that serial number is valid (or "unused" ?) will Adobe give me the "go ahead" to buy from a seller at eBay?

Pete

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 14, 2011 8:35 AM   in reply to APete2011

No legitimate seller is likely to give you the serial number before you buy it.  That's called "giving away the farm" because the serial number is the key to everything.

You are advised not to try to be suckered into a too-good-to-be-true deal, because sooner or later such a transaction will leave you out in the cold with no working Photoshop.  Adobe actively disables Photoshop from running with illegitimate serial numbers.  Illegitimate sellers are out there, and they know how to make their stuff look very good to you, and also how to be long gone by the time you realize you've been scammed.

Think about it...  No eBayer can legitimately discount Photoshop deeply - Adobe just doesn't discount it that deeply to them!  Why should they?  They're getting full retail price from their online site!

Are you a student?  Do you know that there's a very good student discount directly from Adobe?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2011 9:01 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Hi Noel,

Thank you for your response. It's enlightening!

You are correct: "the serial number is the key to everything".  Yep! It

boils down to that

I had also been considering buying CS3 or CS4 versions in the faint hope

that that "would not be too bad"

... but now I think you have put me on the correct path

I guess I got to just spend the money on the original soon and look at the

long-term returns.

Thanks again for writing

Pete

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 14, 2011 11:19 AM   in reply to APete2011

Keep in mind that once you've bought Photoshop, each new release is offered at a much more modest upgrade price, and you don't have to buy every single one (for example, you can upgrade to Photoshop CS5 Standard from Photoshop CS2 or newer for about 200 bucks).

There are some advantages to buying directly from Adobe.com - your purchase is associated directly and automatically with your Adobe ID, so you have a little less to do / keep track of and upgrades in the future, tech support, etc. are better integrated.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points