• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Install Problems of Course

New Here ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, where to start. I used to have flash player then all of a sudden it dissapeared. Ive been researching these forum in order to try and correctly install. The following post caught my attention

No Success Installing Flash player on IE8, XP sp3, 32 bit, security off.

The folowing link explained exactly what has been happening on my system

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html

I was about to attempt this in order to finally get flash back. Only I couldn't continue, it states both programs need to be saved in the folowing directory

C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools

Only problem is I dont have Windows Resource Kits/Tools file, so I didnt continue.

I have IE8

Vista

32 bit

MSE

empty Macromed file

no Flash files at all

no DLM

no get atlcom Class add on

How can I use the above method without that file, or should I try another solution

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well maybe you don't have to do that. Are you the Administrator and using that account? If you read that thread that you referred to, you know I ask a lot of questions. But I have a reason for everyone of them.

Unless you know that is your problem, I would try to find out what is wrong. That link is a "maybe" in my opinion, and contains a lot of "IFS", no guarantees.

Thanks for the info that you provided. Thank goodness no DLM/getplus, etc.:-)

Before you installed MSE, what Anti-Virus did you have and did it contain a Firewall? Was it McAfee or Norton?

Do you use any other browser(s)?

Have you installed any prerelease or beta or any version of Flash Player older than the one you were using when it"disappeared?"

Using adblock or have any pop up blocker software installed?

Was anything going on when this FP disappeared, any error messages, etc?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ill provide info as best as I can.

I only had Norton trial version, I uninstalled when trial was over as I didn't want to pay for antivirus protection etc.. I then later installed  MSE. As far as beta version I dont believe I ever installed one. Not sure about pop-up blocker software, I know I can turn off  the blocker in internet tools, only Windows Firewall. Never used another browser. All I know is that all of a sudden flsh player stopped working. The following link explains my problems exactly

Symptoms may include:

• During installation, you see the error message "Failed to install. For Troubleshooting please see: http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166."
  • Your Flash Player installation finishes with no error, but you cannot view Flash content in Internet Explorer.
  • Some sites tell you that you do not have the correct version of Flash Player, even though you have installed the latest version.
  • Some sites tell you to reinstall Flash Player, but after you do so, you see the same message

And for some reason recently whenever I reboot Windows I receive a faile to install message from file cure stating to reinstall program but not sure whats its talking about(different probl;em Im sure)

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan,

Ok, thanks. Because Norton is so invasive that even with a trial version, just removing it from Add/Remove would not remove it from the many files it installed itself in. Following is the Norton Removal Tool, which you can download and SAVE to your Desktop.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

I would close all browsers and RUN it and when it is finished, Reboot (restart) your computer.

Did the Install of MSE have anything to do with FP suddenly stop working? Any Windows or IE update about that time?

Let's put the "symptoms" on the back burner for a bit.

Your last sentence, the word "cure", what is that?, Perhaps a typo.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I ran the removal tool and restarted PC. When you asked about cure this is what I was talking about: everytime I restart windows the following pops up in a dialogue box "There appears to be an error with your installation., Please reinstall the applicatioin." Its says in the top left corner FileCure. Not sure when or why it started doing this or if it is at all related. As to when flash player stopped working im not sure. From what I can gather it may have been the result of something downloaded or an update on the PC, just from what Ive read here. Not sure if it was from MSE or an update could be either.

So, whats next

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anything that can be posted here to help would be great. Have to go for now will be back on

tomorrow, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got rid of Norton. I think since you don't have any files in the Flash folder, you may want to Install.

Are you the Administrator and using that account?

I may add to this post later and you can check it Monday.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mcadan wrote:

everytime I restart windows the following pops up in a dialogue box "There appears to be an error with your installation., Please reinstall the applicatioin." Its says in the top left corner FileCure.

Did you install that software 'FileCure' at any time, or did it come preinstalled on your computer?  Can you find it under Add/Remove Programs?

Most likely you have some leftover of that in your startup list.  Use MSCONFIG or Startup Inspector to remove it from the startup items.

That should fix the pop-up you are getting during Windows startup.  However, I don't think it has anything to do with your Flash Player problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to install Flash player it states this is not the most current version and wont let me install. In one of my previous posts it states exactly what happens with my PC. Before, I would install, it would install fine and the download would complete. But, then if I went to a site that uses flash, such as you tube, it would state I need to update to the ost current version.

I would like to try to use the SubInACL to carrect this flash problem, however I dont have the file folder C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools,     Windows Resource Kits doesnt exist.

As far as the other problem ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ . I downloaded the startup inspector. File Cure is nowhere listed, and I dont quite know how to use that prgram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan, It has been my experience that when 2 or more helpers are involved in a thread and going in different directions, it gets confusing. Since Pat has started to help you now, I am moving on.

Hope you get your problems solved soon.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eidnolb

I would actually prefer if you stayed to assist me. He was commenting on a different problem that I placed in the same post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan, I know you want to try the SubInACL that was suggested on another thread. If you knew that was your problem and it was a sure thing, then that would be a cure all for everyone that is having a Flash Player issue. I don't know how one determines that they have "A damaged Windows system registry or incorrect registry permissions settings may prevent you from installing Flash Player" The symptoms listed are given for many other reasons as well.

My suggestion would be to Uninstall/Install Flash Player correctly first and if that is not successful, then try the SubInACL.

You should be able to Delete the ParetoLogic File Cure from your Program files, empty your recycle bin and Reboot.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Got rid of FileCUre 100%, found a removal tool online that let me remove 3 programs 100% for free. Not getrting that problem anymore. As far as downloading the Flash version, cant get it to work still. Ive checked other treads and tried a few things. I may have installed beta version previously when trying to correct this problem, not sure. Dont know how to use force option to remove, tried but it always cant find files.

When I used the removal tool I also selected the Flash Program to completley remove Flash from my system. That way I can hopefully start from a clean slate. Now, when I tried to istall flash, offline installation, it goes back to an old problem, failed to register.

please let me know what i can try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan, glad you got rid of the file cure. Funny how things get installed and you don't know from where:-) On the beta, had you installed it, the file would be in the Flash folder. Or would have been. Since you removed Flash Player et al,

there isn't anything in the Flash folder now, right?

Since you removed Flash Player with that Removal Tool, you tried to Install again with the offline Installer. Please check your Flash folder to see if any files were installed.

You are using the Administrator account, right?

You may want to also check in Add/Remove or Programs & Features and post back what Java versions are installed.

On that SubInACL, I'll need to check. I did read some on MS about it. They also have info on a Vista System File Checker Tool.

When you try to Install, there may be something that is overlooked and the ActiveX Control is more difficult since you need Administrator permission to write to the Windows Registry and Install an ActiveX Control. So there are certain actions that the user must take to work around those. Perhaps you weren't aware of them or just overlooked them.

I can post the procedure and you can follow them whenever it is convenient for you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Message was edited by: eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the administrator. Only Flash Install and Install text documents exist in the flash folder. I have the most current version of Java (made sure of that from threads ive read) Java 6 update 20.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan, thanks for the info. You can try this procedure and then if that is not successful, perhaps those that suggest the SubInACL can answer your questions on that.

Download the Uninstaller to your Desktop:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Download the FP Installer for IE to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

You may want to print out a copy of the Uninstaller instructions to refer to, especially at the NOTE on IE at the bottom.

Make sure your Security for the Internet Zone is set to Medium.( Tools>Internet Options>Security Tab)

Go to Tools>Internet Options, delete cookies, delete files, including offline content, ok.

Disconnect from the Internet, Disable the Real-Time Protection in MSE. Make sure any applications that use Flash are disabled such as messenger, etc. Check the system tray carefully for any.

Close all browsers as you only want to be looking at your Desktop. RUN the Uninstaller and when finished, Restart your computer. When it is fully restarted, then Restart again. Stay disconnected from the Internet, now check your Flash folder to make sure that NO files are there. If any files are there, RUN the Uninstaller again and Reboot.

Now RUN the Installer from your Desktop. When finished, Restart Once.

Enable your Real-Time Protection in MSE, and connect back to the Internet.

Go to this test site: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

After that, check your Flash folder for the IE Flash files. Then check the manage add ons (ALL add ons) for the Shockwave Flash Object...ActiveX Control...Flash10e.ocx (which is version 10.0.45.2) and make sure it is Enabled.

Hope this goes well for you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Message was edited by: eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thnks a lot, ill try everything soon.

However, how do i disable real time protection in MSE.

and how do i disconnect/reconnect from internet.

the rest i can figure out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, on MSE, just open from the system tray icon, click on Settings. On the left click on Real-Time Protection. Then UNtick the checkmark & click on Save changes.

On disconnecting, I just disconnect the ethernet & power supply plugins from the modem. I do that at night also instead of shutting down the computer.

Thanks mcadan.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, NO LUCK

i did everything word-for-word, I even turned off the windows firewall as a precaustoin. When I went to install it failed to install wiht error code tn 19611.

What else can I try????

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan, Well I am sorry about that. What a puzzle. Was that 19611 the troubleshooting guide?  Perhaps a Registry Cleaner etc has caused a problem previously. I know a lot of people use them and there are pros and cons on that.

Could you tell when the error occurred? I usually watch my install window.

Since you are using IE8, Microsoft had a toll free support number for problems. If you would like that number, I can post it for you.

Thank you for trying. I came across some info on that SubInACL & will post it. It may be helpful to just read what others did.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here is that thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/461168

Also this is the site that has the number if you would ever need it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/support/call-us.aspx

I hope we can find out what the problem is. There has to be an answer:-) We just haven't found it yet!

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO LUCK YET, NOTHING HAS WORKED

SUBINACL LOOKED LIKE IT WOULD WORK, BUT IT SAID "REQUIRED PRIVELEGE IS NOT HELD BY THE CLIENT

NOT SURE WHAT TO TRY NOW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying another fix that was in a different thread. When using the CMD function it stated I dont have admintrator priveleges. How can this be if this is the Administrator user account for the PC?????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ok, put your thinking cap on. I keep remembering you said FP "suddenly disappeared" Can you try to pinpoint an approximate date when you installed MSE? An IE security update from Windows? Did you add a Vista Service Pack, perhaps SP2? Any of those could have upset the apple cart. But something is preventing the Install. You installed FP before, so what has changed? Did you upgrade to IE8 near this time?

Had you ever used the DLM before? I know you said you don't have it now, but have you ever used it? Go to Tools>Internet Options, click on Settings, then click on View Objects. Any mention of a gp.ocx or a gp.inf?

When you installed MSE, did you have Windows Defender and if so did you Uninstall that? Did you at one time have the Windows Live One Care?

I think if we can't find this cause, I would call MS. Let me check and see what their email support is about. I know on Security Issues there is no charge or upgrades or IE8.

Take a break if you like.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

not sure exactly when it stopped working. I think it may have happened when doing a system update, possibly SP3. Also, Ive only had PC for about 5 months. Im not sure if I installed or PC had preinstalled Flash. Just notice Flash didnt work within last month. no gp.ocx or a gp.inf in view objects.  I searched for Window DEfender and it says that it is turned off, so I guess I have and its not uninstalled???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines