• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help: it keeps saying I'm not installing the latest version.

New Here ,
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kinda a computer noob so I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm the administrator of my computer. Whenever I try to download the latest version of flash at the end of the download it keeps saying that I'm not downloading the latest version (which I am) and it refrains from being installed on my computer. Can someone please help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My os is windows vista. I don't have any other accounts or guests on my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

Do you get some installed version information at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

You haven't answered that question yet.

Additional question: did you by any chance install CS5 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

I did install CS5 Design Premium.

I have gotten Flash to work in Google Chrome and when I visit the http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ page I get a message that the correct version is installed.

Flash still does not work in IE8. When I visit the about page, using internet explorer, a place holder icon is in the installed version box.

Thanks again,

Nea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what Adobe was thinking when they shipped Flash Player 10.1 beta with CS5 - nothing but problems with that!

You must uninstall FP 10.1 beta completely before trying to install the release version of Flash Player 10:

See the Release Notes link if you need detail instructions how to run the beta uninstaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help. Flash now working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact message you are getting?

Do you get some installed version information at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

Did you install Flash Player 10.1 beta at any time?

What web browser are you using?

Is your Vista 32-bit or 64-bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the exact message I'm getting is

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Setup:

The version of Adobe Flash Player ActiveX that you are trying to instal is not the most current version

Please visit http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer to obtain the latest most secure version.

When I first go to download the flash player a thing called adobe download manager pops up, before it starts downloading it says it could not download mcafee sucurity scan, then the download bar for adobe flash player 10 fills up to100% then it says instalation complete, then I click on close download manager.

Then it takes me to another page and then at the top of the screen text pops up saying "This website want to instal the following add-on: 'adobe Flash Player Installer' "from adobe Systems incorportated" click to install if you trust this site" Then I click to install it. Then a window pops up and says windows needs your permission to continue then I click accept, then another window pops up and it says internet explorer add on instaler and it says "do you want to install the add on Adobe Download manager" then I click yes, then it brings me to the message I wrote at the top of this post: the not the most current version thing.

I never installed flash player 10.1 beta at any point in time

I went to the help section of the website but it couldn't help me.

The web browser I'm using is Internet Explorer.

My vista is 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same message only my operating system is Windows7 32 bit. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm experiencing exactly the same problem in installing Flash Player 10 in Windows Vista. The only difference from Kinda's

case is that the resolution of my Windows Vista is 32 bits.

In addition, I've tried to do the same operation on Firefox, and it did work. Now I have flash player working in Firefox, but not in Explorer. Pretty weird, isn't it? Can anybody help us?

Ciccio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ciccio, It is the many differences in systems that makes it difficult to help. Always better to start your own thread as it will get too confusing otherwise. Pick any subject line you like.

This would apply to bda0562 as well. The person that started this thread is already receiving help for their issues that pertain to their system. It makes it a lot easier on those that are helping.

Thanks

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines