Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Extension Manager CS4 Language Problem

Oct 30, 2008 7:55 PM

I have try to install a extension with Extension Manager CS4. But i find that it not appear in my flash CS4 component although it appear in Extension Manager.

Then i check for the config directory in my document. I find that it install in a wrong lanuage folder. I am using English version CS4. But my windows is in Chinese. The Extension Manager installed the extension inside the zh_cn folder instead of the en folder. So, the ENGLISH flash can't find the extension. I need to copy the extension manaul in order to make it work.

I installed with no problem with Extension Manager CS3. It install to a correct directory. Is it a bug on the extension or Extension Manager CS4?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2009 9:42 AM   in reply to Wai Lam

Hi,

could you solve it?

I have the same problem

rgds

Harry

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2009 1:37 AM   in reply to Wai Lam

Hi

I am getting also these problem. Unable to find any extension in the component. May anybody solve this.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2009 6:31 AM   in reply to Wai Lam

Thank you very much, Wai_Lam, you gave me the right solution. I copied the file and pasted them in the en directory-path and now my components are visible in my Flash CS4

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2009 11:23 PM   in reply to Wai Lam

You should also try to launch the Extension Manager directly within Flash CS4 (open Flash>Help>Manage Extension.....) when you want to install a component. In taht way the component will be installed in the right languge directory even if your Flash is installed in a diferrent language than the OS language.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2009 12:34 PM   in reply to Wai Lam

i have do any thing as you said. but resault by the same

my window is chinese, and when i copy all from zh_cn to en folder, open flash cs4, i can see mc_tween apear in action frame, i make a movieclip,and begin codeing : #include "mc_tween2.as"

mc.xSlideTo(200,1)

when i press ctrl+enter to test , my god, it haven't do anny thing although my mc._x is 0

i give send that file to my friend, they said they can see it move.

i try to remove mc_tween and restar pc, after that, open flash, go to help\extention manager....., install mc_tween again, this time, mc_tween realy in my en folder, but when i test , it can't play.

this proplem appear for 3 month untill to day

please tell me how to install mc_tween whithow reinstall my win to enlish language (

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2010 12:00 PM   in reply to Wai Lam

My default language pack that I could not change was Canadian_French.  So I went in the extensions folder and deleted the Canadian_French language folder restarted my install and English was my choice that was easy.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2010 5:47 AM   in reply to Wai Lam

Thanks i did the same and it solved my problem!!!

regards,

Roboblob

http://blog.roboblob.com

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2011 12:59 AM   in reply to florodebat

Thanks a million, florodebat! I have CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 on my system and moving files to the "en" directories didn't really help - probably it's getting more complicated in case of multiple studio versions on non-English Windows.

Installing extensions through Flash IDE works like a charm!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2011 3:31 AM   in reply to andrei_cs0

You are very welcome! 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)