Skip navigation
ziftynifty
Currently Being Moderated

correction

May 29, 2010 11:46 PM

as a photographer i am running into the issue of skin tones when I am making edits to the photographs. in this photograph:

<link and picture removed>

I got an issue with reddish hands and feet and very reddish and "dirty looking" feet. how can I correct this image to be more reflective on the skin tones on the back?

please advise.

Please don't post pictures containing nudity or other NSFW (not safe for work) content on the Adobe Forums

Message was edited by: Zeno Bokor

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 29, 2010 9:35 PM   in reply to ziftynifty

First thing I would do is tell her to take a bath before a photo shoot. Secondly you should find a more appropriate photo for a public forum. I don't like being a prewd, but we do not know how many minors view this forum.

If you still want to fix this digitally, then the healing brush will become your friend.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2010 6:56 AM   in reply to ziftynifty

Hi Ziftny

The Healing Brush is an intelligent paint brush that is similar to the Clone Stamp tool only in
    terms that you sample from one image area by option (Mac)/alt (PC) clicking on a source
    area and then paint to cover up blemishes, wrinkles, scratches, or image damage.

When the Healing Brush samples it “looks” at the texture, color, and luminosity of the
    source area separately. Then when you paint it merges the texture from the sample area
    into the color and luminosity of the destination area.
    To create a seamless merge i.e. retouch the Healing Brush spreads out by10-12 pixels
    around the brush. This is an important tidbit of information to keep in mind when using the
    Healing Brush. Due to this built-in spread it is recommended to use a hard-edged brush
    when using the Healing Brush.
    The Healing Brush can only work on layers with actual pixel information i.e. the background
    layer or layers with pixel data. This means that you cannot use one of my favorite Clone
    Tool techniques of adding an empty layer, checking Use All Layers in the Option bar and
    healing onto the empty layer. To work around this detail I suggest that you generously select
    the area to be healed and copy it onto a new layer (Layer > New > Layer Via Copy) or
    command/control J and then lock the layer into position by clicking on the small lock on the
    top of the layers palette.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2010 9:59 AM   in reply to ziftynifty

Mike with Curvemeister has (or had) several tutorials on skin tones. Many used his product, but some did not. He also had many Presets for various skintone types. I have not been to Mike's site recently, so cannot tell you exactly where the tutorials might be. He was also a very valued contributor to this, and several other fora.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points