Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

RE: Forum question

May 30, 2010 10:44 PM

Until yesterday I was receiving the emails from the forum regarding my questions only. Now suddenly i am receiving tons of email regarding other peoples questions. Where i can control this issue .

Thanks.

Simon

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 31, 2010 12:43 AM   in reply to animationlife

Search  " Email Notifications"  or  Actions"

Beware that this forum is one of the "flakiest" on the entire web and random stuff just happens on occassion.

No one seems to care or fix it.  In fact ..they continue to break it.  Weird huh!

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2010 8:24 AM   in reply to animationlife

This may help... Email notices

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/503132

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2010 9:55 AM   in reply to animationlife

Simon,

E-mail notifications can be set in a couple of places and at several levels. John T. has posted a link to my article on most locations to make the changes. I hope that I did not miss any others. I have had my settings to NO e-mail notifications, except for PM's (Private Messages). That has worked perfectly for me, though one day there was some sort of a glitch. I received 1000's of e-mails that day, basically for every post to any forum that I had ever responded/posted to. It stopped, as quickly as it began, but was scary. Luckily for me, MailWasher just gathered them into a pile, and a batch delete took care of things. Have not clue what happened that day, but it was just after a forum software update, and none of my setting had been changed - just some sort of a glitch.

Good luck, and please let us know if you are able to adjust the settings to suit your needs.

Some people will set e-mail notification to ON, just for posts that they initiate. This can be useful if they post to fora, that they do not normally follow closely. I'd set that to ON, when I posted to Dreamweaver or Flash fora, since I do not read them that often. When I had gotten my answers, I just turned that OFF, so I was not inundated with notifications from my main fora.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2010 3:37 PM   in reply to animationlife

Simon,

In that linked article, you should be able to make just the settings that you desire.

Hope that helps, and I certainly understand when loads of e-mails hit.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2010 3:52 PM   in reply to animationlife

I cannot answer that.

You should now post to the Forum Comments Forum, and give the details of what you have done, and what is happening.

Good luck, and sorry that we could not help you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points