• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not print PDF file at all with Windows Vista

New Here ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Reader 9.3.2.  I am working off of Windows Vista on my laptop to a network wireless printer (Brother MFC 9440).  I am unable to print pdf files.  About a week ago, we had problems with our printer printing anything.  I had to uninstall it and reinstalled it and it now works fine except the pdf files. I have had no problems printing any other files on any other programs but this one.  I am unsure what specific "updates" I ran while trying to figure out printers issue.  When in Reader, everything seems normal.  When I hit print, the printer box pops up as normal and then I hit ok, my printer icon at bottom pops up for about 5 secs and nothing happens.  I know that I am connected to printer due to all other programs can print.  I do not have access to another printer to see if pdf will print on another printer, but do know that the other two computers used in this office (mac laptop and mac desktop) both are able to print pdf files to this printer without a problem.  I have gone thru all the other help steps to try to resolve the situation:  it still will not print when I hit "print as image", made sure that my printer is marked as network and is default printer, made sure to check that I have all upgrades, etc.  I am not getting any error message, so am unsure what is wrong.  It just will not print.  Is there anyone that could give me some suggestions that I have not tried?  I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have someone else log into your machine with a different account and see if it's a profile issue.

Find the option to print the PDF as an image.  We had to do that for some printers.

Maybe change the driver on the printer from PS to PCL6.  That may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help!  I do not have any other users on my computer.  Should I create one to see if it helps? 

I am still unable to print with even with PDF as image. 

Could you advise me on how to change the drive from PS to PCL6?  Did have to download drivers from the internet for the printer due to did not not have the install disk when adding the computer.  Would love to try to see if it helps.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a profile real quick to test if something in your profile is not working right.

You would have to download new drivers from a website.  www.hp.com or www.dell.com, or whoever made the printer.  Generally you will have 3 options.

PS

PCL6

PCL5 - stay away from these.

Also make sure you have the correct drivers.  We had a guy putting hp drivers on machines attached to dell printers.  It worked, but people were unable to print in color and sometime parts of the image would not print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2010 Jun 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Vista not printing pdf.   installed Foxit Reader from foxitsoftware.com which open pdfs and prints without any prolbems.  Interesting Adobe are not saying anything about this problem.  Similar error reported http://forums.adobe.com/post!reply.jspa?message=2768756

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2010 Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have no issues printing from Vista using Acrobat/Reader 9.3.2.

Could you try re-installing reader on your machine and report back? It looks to me that there is an issue with the setup at your end.

Also, let us know the printer on which you are trying to print and the driver used.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another user experience exactly the same issue with vista and printing from Adobe reader.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/642000?tstart=1  Its copied below as a reference.

The problem was on my Auntys PC, and yes i did updated Adobe Reader to v9.3.2 and still the same issue underlned below.

My Aunty lives 70 miles away so will not be trying anything else.

The printer works fine with every other application only Adobe Reader files will print.

May 19, 2010 7:31 AM

Can not print PDF file at all with Windows Vista

I have Acrobat Reader 9.3.2.  I am working off of Windows Vista on my laptop to a network wireless printer (Brother MFC 9440).  I am unable to print pdf files.  About a week ago, we had problems with our printer printing anything.  I had to uninstall it and reinstalled it and it now works fine except the pdf files. I have had no problems printing any other files on any other programs but this one.  I am unsure what specific "updates" I ran while trying to figure out printers issue.  When in Reader, everything seems normal. When I hit print, the printer box pops up as normal and then I hit ok, my printer icon at bottom pops up for about 5 secs and nothing happens.  I know that I am connected to printer due to all other programs can print.  I do not have access to another printer to see if pdf will print on another printer, but do know that the other two computers used in this office (mac laptop and mac desktop) both are able to print pdf files to this printer without a problem.  I have gone thru all the other help steps to try to resolve the situation:  it still will not print when I hit "print as image", made sure that my printer is marked as network and is default printer, made sure to check that I have all upgrades, etc.  I am not getting any error message, so am unsure what is wrong.  It just will not print.  Is there anyone that could give me some suggestions that I have not tried?  I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try to repair reader by going to Help -->Repair Adobe Reader Installation and try to print?

Also, do you see the prints atleast in the printer queue? you may view the printer queue by going to printers and faxes and then double clicking the queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i said in the reply - I am no longer near my Auntys computer, that's 70 miles away. The reader installed is already 9.3.2 and was installed 2 days ago.

And NO there was nothing in the print queue, that was also checked.

As I said the printer works - Just Adobe reader printouts.

other people have reported exactly the same issue with different types of printers

Its only Adobe reader files when using Vista that is affected.

Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 07:24:17 -0600

To: thefridayman@hotmail.com

Subject: Can not print PDF file at all with Windows Vista

Can you please try to repair reader by going to Help -->Repair Adobe Reader Installation and try to print?

Also, do you see the prints atleast in the printer queue? you may view the printer queue by going to printers and faxes and then double clicking the queue.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2011 Feb 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having same problem...unable to print pdf from my Windows Vista and had tried new drivers, printing as image, etc.  So I downloaded the Foxit Software and it works!!  I recommend it!!  I couldn't print anything from the internet that was in Adobe and even had problems viewing things in Adobe while in Internet Explorer.  Foxit is now my default reader software and Adobe files automatically open in the Foxit software and I am able to view and print!  Very easy and works!!!!!     Try it...........         www.foxitsoftware.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The description of the printing problem here is describes exactly what I have, except that I'm using a brand new laptop with the latest Windows 7, and I've tried both Reader 9.4 and Reader X, neither will print, including if I try the "Print as Image" option.  I've loaded the latest HP driver, all other programs print just fine. I've tried several PDF files, none will print.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2011 Feb 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After way too many hours

of research and experimentation to resolve the same issue as above, being unable to print pdf's from Adobe Reader, I made it work, SO SIMPLE!

Turned on the spooling feature in my printer settings

goto your printers properties

click on the advanced tab

select the Spool print documents

I also selected start printing immediately (although I don't think that should matter)

I hope it's that easy for all of you too, since the Adobe employees replies have been less than the help I expected.  And I have read so many of these threads.   So if it works for you and you want to post it on some other threads go ahead.  I have to much printing to catch up on:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have this with a user but they are on Windows XP SP3.  They have Adobe Acrobat Standard 9.2 and NOTHING will print from it.  Though printing from all other programs works JUST FINE.

I tried all the good suggestions here...

Printing as image .. no go

Changing print driver to PCL6 .. no go

Trying it when signed on as a different user .. no go

Checking print spooler settings (they were already set as recommended)

Did a Help > Repair Acrobat (took 10 minutes) .. no go

Finally after being frustrated and just needing to get this user back to work, I installed Foxit PDF reader and now they can print PDFs.

As far as MAKING PDF's, they don't need to do it that often, but Acrobat Standard has no issues making or combining PDFs.  It's just printing that does not work.  So Foxit is the default handler of the PDF extension and were back in business.

Adobe invented the PDF format right?  Then you would think their software would be the best way to handle it.  But after numerous issues (not just this one, but MANY others - specifically with web plugins), I can no longer recommend Adobe for PDF's.  PDF995 works fine to make PDFs and Foxit works fine to view them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines