• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing in photoshop CS5 problem

New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IN photoshop CS5 when you select to print 8 copies of an image only one comes out of the printer...

worked fine with cs3 cs4

any input?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Well, nobody reported these print problems until CS5 had been out a few weeks.

We're looking into it, and have identified some of the underlying problems (older printer drivers not working with the Vista/Win7 printing system).

It may be a while before we (and Microsoft) can come up with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 118 Replies 118

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What printer brand and model?   What driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shinko S1245 their newest drivers!!!

works fine with cs3 which i have on t he same computer basically what ever number copies i enter to cs5 i dont get out of the printer!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what OS version?

I don't think we have a Shinko printer in-house, so it may take a while to contact them and work out why the driver is not obeying the Windows number of copies information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 7 32bit

its really weird it prints one and then if u bring up another image it prints the balance amount from the previous printed image>> so like if i ask for 8 it prints 1 and the new image it would print 7 when asked to print just 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problems. Using Windows XP SP3, printing to canon and epson printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to say but thank god someone else knows what I'm talking about!!

I wouldnt think it has to do with windows because on the computer i still have cs3 and cs4 and they both work fine

what do we do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any info from adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem printing to both my Epson printers. Only started happening after I installed CS5. Have spoken to Adobe and they said they had received a few calls about this. It is now happening intermittently. Sometimes it prints the desired amount but sometimes just reverts itself to 1 print. Most frustrating. Only way to override is to select number of print copies in Epson dialogue box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here.  Doesn't matter what printer I'm printing to or whether it's networked or not.

Quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I print hundreds of photos a day on dye sub printers as of now cs5 is useless until they fix it.....shame on adobe for not testing their software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Epson and Canon users who are seeing this problem, can you please post your specific OS, printers, and printer driver versions?

Have you tried testing multiple copies with a very small image (1x1" @ 72dpi)? If not, can you try this and report back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect, and I certainly could be wrong, but how can this be a specific printer issue if people from all different industries with all different kinds of printers have the same problem?  I have a small Brother printer, a professional grade Ricoh printer and an HP Designjet plotter all experiencing the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Epson 3800 and 1800. OS Windows Vista 32 bit. I have spoken to Epson and have got the latest drivers. Can't be the printers, only started happening after installing CS5. As I said, problem now intermittent so don,t know whether its going to print the correct number of copies or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using xp sp3 and xerox printers and having the same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using both CS4 and CS5 (both 32bit as the 64 bit will not work on my 64 bit Win 7 machine yet...see other forum win 7 topics). The Epson 4800 takes very long to print with the newer CS5 PS for all menu items (e.g. clicking on print, choosing a different paper, choosing a different ICC/ICM....the initial dialogue print box may take 90 seconds to first appear. when I hit print, it also takes about another 90 seconds before the print head begins getting in the proper postion. My older CS4 PS (32bit) takes about 10 seconds to appear and initiate any dialogue box change.  I have a newer i7 intel with 8gig ram...any ideas??? thanks AJZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I THINK THERE IS A MAJOR PRINTER PROBLEM ALL AROUND THE NEW PHOTOSHOP CS5!!!

I HAVE TO ASSUME WITH ALL THE PEOPLE WRITING IN THEY ARE WORKING ON A UPDATE...

I HAVE STOPPPED USING THE PROBLEM BECAUSE IT SLOWS DOWN MY WHOLE PRINTING PROCESS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 31, 2010 May 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also seeing this problem on an Epson R1900 in XP SP3

I believe printing in Windows from PS keeps getting worse with each release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initial state of print dialog before printing. Print Resolution is 643PPI (4x6 print)

psprint01.png

After pressing PRINT only one copy is printed.  Selecting File/Print again brings up the following.

psprint02.png

Note the preview has reverted to 8.5x11 aspect ratio, and the print resolution is 361PPI.  That's the first problem -- the page setup has gone back to defaults.  However, press the Print Settings button and you see:

psprint03.png

The dialog has the title "Print" and the text is "because the requested printer does not exist".

I dismissed the dialog and pressed PRINT -- it tried to print the image at 8.5.11 size.

The only way to get past this point and be able to re-select the printer settings is to close and reopen the image.

In case it's important, this is a Canon RAW file (.CR2) from a Canon 5D Mark II, opened via ACR 6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a little more experimentation I've found an even quicker way to get stuck:

1. Select File/Print
  2. Click "Print Settings"
  3. Click "Cancel" in the OS Print Settings dialog
  4. Click "Print Settings" again in the PS print dialog

This will display the truncated error dialog and you are unable to change print settings until you cancel out, close and reopen the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is adobe any closer to fixing this problem the program is almost one month old and is completely unusable for someone running a lab printing multiple photos of one image!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, nobody reported these print problems until CS5 had been out a few weeks.

We're looking into it, and have identified some of the underlying problems (older printer drivers not working with the Vista/Win7 printing system).

It may be a while before we (and Microsoft) can come up with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris thanks for the reply , I have to tell you i have been on windows 7 from day one and cs3 and cs4 have worked fine in the printing area..prior to that i had vista for two years and they to worked fine printing... the easiest work around the problem right now is to use the function print one copy command and hit it for the amount of photos you want, just and fyi....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 and CS4 used the older NT/XP printing system.

CS5 uses the newer Vista/Win7 printing system, and seems to be shaking out a few bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines