Skip navigation
userpsp_
Currently Being Moderated

Extension panel appears empty

Jun 6, 2010 9:29 AM

I tried to compile and install the sample HelloCreativeSDK that comes with the SDK, and, after copying  it to the extension directory, the extension appears in the extensions menu, but after clicking on it in Photoshop CS5 an empty panel appears.

If I try to create a new extension from scratch with only a label, the panel is empty too.

If I try to load the extension in Illustrator or Fireworks, the panel doesn't appear; in Photoshop the panel appears, but it is empty (it should contain a test label instead).

Kuler and others default extensions are working fine.

Nothing appears in the logs mentioned in the SDK Guide. What am I doing wrong?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 7, 2010 1:30 AM   in reply to userpsp_

Hi,

Have you checked that apedelta.swc library Link Type is set to "external"?

I don't know whether this could be your issue, but I happened to leave it "Merged into code" and got an empty panel.

Hope this could help,

Davide

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2010 1:12 PM   in reply to userpsp_

I am wondering- maybe the debug mode (for StageManager) is not set? A blank panel suggests maybe the StageManager is not loading your extension SWF- the container is being created (a platform window) but no SWF being loaded See http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p48386410/ and scrub to 19 min 30 seconds or thereabouts for an example of setting the debug mode (in Mac OS at least, on Windows it would be a registry setting).

Another option- if you ignore the debug mode flag but sign and sign/package your extension as per the video on http://blogs.adobe.com/cssdk/2010/05/building_creative_suite_5_extensi ons_using_the_creative_suite_sdk_and_flash_builder_4.html then you may find that it loads correctly?

The StageManager component in Creative Suite CS5 applications that loads extension SWFs will not load in 'release' model unsigned extensions- the exception is when the StageManager component is initialized in debug mode (by setting the player debug mode flag as above).

When using Extension Builder, this is handled by the tooling and is transparent to the developer. However, if using CS SDK directly, then I believe you need to perform this manually.

Best wishes

Ian

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2010 1:17 PM   in reply to userpsp_

It's also possible that there may be some error occuring on the initial loading of the SWF. This could be, for example, if you rely on Flex 4 (this won't necessarily cause an error, but it could do).

I'd suggest attempting to connect the Flex debugger to your application, and see what that reports.

Best,

James

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points