Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom 3 upgrade and NO SERIAL NUMBERS...great!

Jun 8, 2010 7:13 PM

I just purchased the download of LightRoom 3 to upgrade from version 2.

The download page showed NO serial numbers,

The email which was supposed to contain my serial number had NO SERIAL number,

The registration page for my software, doesn't show the upgrade yet,

The support topic which said "use the serial number from the previous version" is WRONG. It does not work.

Usually "three strikes and you're out"...that's 4 by my count.

Just was on hold for 40 minutes and gave up for the evening before anyone picked up.

Anybody else have this problem? I wish I could send an email to solve this as that would be a lot easier than sitting on hold for another hour. Why is that not possible? Simple and quick for the CUSTOMER'S convenience, but obviously that is not the primary concern here.

This is pretty poor. I am not happy. Not at all.

vince angeloni

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 8, 2010 7:30 PM   in reply to vangeloni

Yes, I'm having the same problem. And half their tech support doesn't seem to have a clue as to what's going on.

Someone should get fired for this royal screw up.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2010 8:22 PM   in reply to DragonScale

Everyone is having the exact same problem, and ADOBE hasn't a clue as to what is wrong. They just say TRY BACK IN 24 HRS!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2010 11:30 PM   in reply to vangeloni

Same over here in Germany. I bought the update to LR 3.0 yesterday; the email from the Adobe storemanager said I should contact customer support about the serial numbers. I guess their customer support will be swamped with complaints about this.

Good service looks different.

Carsten

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2010 11:49 PM   in reply to vangeloni

I found Customer Service very helpful, after a 5 minute wait here in Australia.

They knew the issue, and stated that they are having a technical problem, but that the numbers will be issued tomorrow. In the meantime, it does no harm to run it in Demo mode, and just register when the number appears on your account page at Adobe.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2010 5:25 AM   in reply to Carsten Bockermann

Correct. I just received the serial #. Adobe must have crashed their web site, as everyone here in California also experienced the same problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2010 5:39 AM   in reply to Daniel O\'Donoghue

Here in USA, the wait was well over an hour. Now have serial #. Check your Adobe Store acct. It should be there now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2010 5:09 PM   in reply to vangeloni

hi,

We're sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.   The demand for Lightroom 3 was extremely high and are serial number delivery mechanism was temporarily unable to keep up with the demand.

The issue was fixed and serial numbers were issued to the affected orders.

In addition, keep in mind, that Adobe installers can be run our used as a trial for 30 days and then activated with a serial number later.

Again, sorry for the trouble this caused all of you.

karen

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2010 7:48 AM   in reply to vangeloni

If only we knew how lucky we were when we did not yet have the serial number. That was the best of the experience so far with Lightroom 3. This new official release version is the buggiest piece of software to hit any platform in any time frame in any planet in any universe. And Adobe is subtly ignoring the complaints of general slowness to not working at all in order to continue pumping sales to ignorant prior fans while they are still ignorant. Mac and Windows alike customers are baffled at it's slowness, halting performance, and impact upon operating performance on the underlying computer, requiring frequent reboots to renew the insult. The range of issues is mind boggling. It is worse than worthless in the workflow, confounding the process by forcing alternate focus on damage control. While some Adobe fanboys apparently are pleased with no problems, and more power to them, the damage done in lost time and frustration to former Adobe faithful professionals is beyond comprehension. The only solution is to revert to Lightroom 2.7 and try to contain your anger at Adobe. I am personally suspect that the few remaining Adobe fanboys still writing positive stuff are more than fanboys, perhaps professional Adobe-Boys in disguise, with a few paid shills thrown in for good measure. I'll take the Pillsbury Dough Boy any day.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2010 12:52 PM   in reply to vangeloni

Karen et al,

When purchasing the upgrade it clearly states that no download is necessary, simply apply the serial number emailed to us.  But we can't with the 3.0 Beta!

It's this type of communication that confuses and angers your customers.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2010 1:54 PM   in reply to kvfischer

Hi kvfischer,

Did you purchase the upgrade through our Adobe online store?

Where exactly did you see that message?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2010 2:43 PM   in reply to rogeratadobe

This was bought thru adobe.com the day it came out. Everything was resolved

with in 24 hours.

Message was when I tried to activate the S/N, but it was never sent.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2010 4:10 AM   in reply to rogeratadobe

Hi whoever you are.

I did purchase the upgrade through the Adobe online store. Sorry for the

delay in reply but your email got sidetracked through my junk filter.

I don't know what message to which you are referring, nor whether you

really intend to be writing me.

For the record however, although I am a longtime Photoshop and Lightroom

owner and user from the very beginning, I shall not give Adobe another

cent as a result of the absolute PIG that Lightroom 3.0 is, and Adobe's

silence regarding the topic of slowness and bugginess to the extent it

makes LR3 totally unusable and a risk to any photographic business. Who

has the time to waste on minutes long "loading", system slowdowns and

freezes, and the abject horror of hoping Adobe might do something about

it and trying to work with them on it, let alone trying to fix this PIG

or the damage it's done to my files and work in progress.

Good luck to you whoever you are. I am off on my mission to replace

everything Adobe so as to remove this bad taste from my mouth, and to

share my feelings with anyone who cares and many who probably don't. As

i said in my forum content, not getting the serial number was the best

part of my Adobe LR3 experience. I hope yours was better, unless you're

getting paid by Adobe, in which case I'd like my share of your earnings

back please.

Alan Sears

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2010 6:11 AM   in reply to dufusest

I am just another consumer. I haven't noticed any slowdowns. I am running an

imac 27" w/ 8gigs of ram and an I7 quadcore processor. May be the 64 bit on

your machine? Are you running a windows or Mac?

I totally understand Adobe's "attitude", as they think their sh.t doesn't

stink, and there are no other programs that have become a verb out there.

Best of luck on  your endeavors. Keep your right finger on the shutter

button, and all will heal itself.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2010 3:33 AM   in reply to vangeloni

Hi!

I've just bought Lightroom 3, I downloaded it, I can work with it but it didn't ask for a serial number. In addition, I haven't received in my account the serial number. My worries are if there is any issue using this Lightroom at the moment, while I'm waiting for the delivery of the software.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2010 4:05 AM   in reply to pepa smith

Hi - not quite sure why you are asking me, as I am just a Lightroom user like yourself. However the issue with serial numbers was, I thought, a minor temporary glitch. I would have thought it had been fixed by now.

Suggest there is no problem - at worst you are using the 30 day trial version -  so use away. If your serial number hasn't arrived within a few days, a call to Adobe support should have it fixed very quickly. I found them to be very responsive!

Good Luck, Dan

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2010 8:01 PM   in reply to pepa smith

Hi,

I looked up your user account in one of our systems and I don't see any orders for your account.

Can you privately send me your order number so I can look it up?

Also, did you purchase from the Adobe.com Online store, or did you get the software through the Trials Download area, or did you purchase the software through some other mechanism?

Karen

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2010 6:47 AM   in reply to KarenStore

WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO "LOOK UP" A CUSTOMERS ACCOUNT?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2010 7:21 AM   in reply to SILVERGOLDWING

Hi silvergoldwing,

I was replying to a posting by Pepa Smith.

I am an Adobe employee and I work on production issues.   I have special access to look at orders details to help resolve problems.

I was responding to that posting that the user could still not find their serial number.

Since that user was claiming that they didnt get a serial number i was checking for valid orders in that account.

This serial number issue was resolved a while ago.

If anyone still has not recieved a serial number, please go ahead an call customer service.

regards

karen

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2010 10:36 AM   in reply to KarenStore

Are you really sending me this email several months after my inquiry? Can you really not find my order number? Are you really from Adobe?

That would be hard to believe since I resolved the serial number issue months ago and have a history with Adobe since the beginning of Lightroom, as well as Photoshop and Reader etc.

But then again, my experience with Adobe of late would mirror that being reality.

LR3 is a complete pig, slow to the point of useless, compromising the computer in which it runs with crashes and corruption to the point of making it obscene.

Months ago when first involved with LR3, I gave up due to these issues on my vintage 2009 MacBook Pro. At the same time I encountered a missing thread, directory issues, false reads on dick capacity and usage, and issues coincident with a full hard drive when my hard drive did not read full. I gave up with LR3, returned to LR2 completely frustrated with a months wasted time in work done and recovery from LR3 inspired problems.

Two days ago I tried again with my 2008 vintage 3GHz Dual Core MacPro. Guess what? After upgrading the catalogue from LR2, and starting the generation of a new preview file in hope of alleviating the sloth previously experienced with my MacBookPro experience, once again I encountered a missing thread, directory issues, false reads on dick capacity and usage, and issues coincident with a full hard drive when my hard drive did not read full. Fix it recovery time. Time wasted. Rebuilding my Hard Drive. Still no update to LR3.

LR3 sucks. Adobe sucks. Completely.

What a bad joke, to screw so many dependent professionals, threatening careers as such, and amateurs trained to be dependent on LR. Time to ween. You guys laughing hard at all us fools out here who trusted you?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2010 10:39 AM   in reply to KarenStore

Sorry for the typo, but was quite appropriate don't you think? I meant disk capacity rather than dick capacity...

Begin forwarded message:

Date: August 30, 2010 9:36:07 AM AKDT

To: clearspace-1364290915-699521-2-3093131@mail.forums.adobe.com

Bcc: Randy Sears <dufus@gci.net>

Subject: Re: Re: Lightroom 3 upgrade and NO SERIAL NUMBERS...great! Lightroom 3 upgrade and NO SERIAL NUMBERS...great!

Are you really sending me this email several months after my inquiry? Can you really not find my order number? Are you really from Adobe?

That would be hard to believe since I resolved the serial number issue months ago and have a history with Adobe since the beginning of Lightroom, as well as Photoshop and Reader etc.

But then again, my experience with Adobe of late would mirror that being reality.

LR3 is a complete pig, slow to the point of useless, compromising the computer in which it runs with crashes and corruption to the point of making it obscene.

Months ago when first involved with LR3, I gave up due to these issues on my vintage 2009 MacBook Pro. At the same time I encountered a missing thread, directory issues, false reads on dick capacity and usage, and issues coincident with a full hard drive when my hard drive did not read full. I gave up with LR3, returned to LR2 completely frustrated with a months wasted time in work done and recovery from LR3 inspired problems.

Two days ago I tried again with my 2008 vintage 3GHz Dual Core MacPro. Guess what? After upgrading the catalogue from LR2, and starting the generation of a new preview file in hope of alleviating the sloth previously experienced with my MacBookPro experience, once again I encountered a missing thread, directory issues, false reads on dick capacity and usage, and issues coincident with a full hard drive when my hard drive did not read full. Fix it recovery time. Time wasted. Rebuilding my Hard Drive. Still no update to LR3.

LR3 sucks. Adobe sucks. Completely.

What a bad joke, to screw so many dependent professionals, threatening careers as such, and amateurs trained to be dependent on LR. Time to ween. You guys laughing hard at all us fools out here who trusted you?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2010 10:42 AM   in reply to dufusest

Hi all,

My post was to the user who posted on 8/27 that he was still not getting a serial number.

please ignore that post if your username is not "Pepa Smith"

karen

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2010 1:58 PM   in reply to KarenStore

but of course. how convenient.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2011 9:19 PM   in reply to vangeloni

you guys should help me out cuz i dont got it