Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The file has no audio or video streams.

Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have two new, identical PCs running CS5. One can open a .mov file no problem and the other gets this error "The file has no audio or video streams." Can't seem to import the file from the network. All settings seem to be the same on both machines.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Do both PCs have Quicktime installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do both PCs have Quicktime installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick (no pun intended) reply. That did the trick. One machine didn't have Quicktime installed yet. We were going nuts. Thanks again.

Jeff Winney

Design and Marketing Manager

GlobalMedia Group, LLC.

15020 North 74th Street

Scottsdale, Arizona  85260

USA

Direct:  +1 (480) 922-0044 x 251

Mobile: +1 (480) 620-3697

Fax:  +1 (480) 922-1090

Web: http://www.globalmedia.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC on the other hand has quicktime installed and i'm having the same issues. I'm running windows 7 don't know if that is a factor to my Premiere pro CS5 not importing .mov. Could anybody please help. i have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading QuickTime and trying for I get the same error, could you please tell me why we need to install it though? Isn't a codec pack enough? (sorry for the noob question)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Mine is a little different.  I'm trying to store all of my video project files (Premiere CS5 & After Effects CS5) on a Seagate GoFlex gigabit network drive to be shared on our local network.  The only files that give me the "the file has no audio or video streams" message are .mov files.  Any suggestions?  Do I need to do something crazy, like install quicktime on the standalone network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to install Quicktime.

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive installed unistalled both quick time and adobe premiere, no luck any other ideas??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Gspot it wont render any mov files, on the mpeg2 box it displays png, i tried a quick time alternative codec same problem plz help i have deadlines coming up and this software is letting me down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I have the latest version of quicktime installed on my PC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello I am running a high spec pc and have quick time installed, adobe premiere sticks when loading on the quick time exporter bit, and when i try to import .mov files it gives me the error msg The file has no audio or video streams. I have read the codec posts, theres no real solution there just alot of jargon and a link to gspot which i am going to download right now, is there a fix file or some sort of solution to this problem. I am using CS 5.5 and I can see this isn't an isolated incident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2011 May 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... On a tight deadline and PPro is giving me this error while I can play the file back just fine in Windows Media Player or Bridge CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but on my Mac. I'm trying to convert MTS files from my Panasonic Video Camera to mov files. First I downloaded a program who gave the file's deinterlacing. I importet the files to Premiere but the program got extreme slow so I had to quit. Then I downloadet Aunsoft MTS Converter from the App Store. This program made beutiful mov files without any interlacing. But Premiere now says "The file has no audio og video streams". Eaven after updating my Quicktime 7.

What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2011 Oct 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything works fine for me now. I tryed out a lot of versions an finaly found the right "mov" version that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem only with files that were created in quicktime as screen recordings. All my other files are mov. Downloading quicktime did not help. On my mac, it worked fined in CS6 but not in CC 2014. On this PC it works in neither.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, only it's with a .mov file I made in After Effects.  So I've got AfterEffects CC rendering out a .mov that Premier CC then says it can't read because it has no audio or video streams.  But I watch it in Media Player, VLC, QuickTime, etc., etc., etc.,   seems everything can read it except Premier.  Any ideas why this is?  I'm finding it very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem suddenly show up today. Yesterday it worked, today it doesn't. I did a repair install of Quicktime 7 and then everything returned to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved my entire Mac CC to a newly built PC on Win 7.  Some Quicktime files are not able to Link bc of this error.  I have QT 7 installed and its up to date.  How do you fix this?  How did you do the repair install?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-downloaded the install file for Quicktime and Repair Install was an option when running it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bowlingotter!  Thanks that worked- linked up sweetly now!  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem but not with .mov files, with .mp4 files.

I have files created in .mp4 with a variable framerate, which premiere has always hated. I use handbrake to re-encode the files to the same .mp4 using h.264 and a constant framerate. I had been doing this fine with previous version of CC.

in 2014 however the new file gives the above error. It has no problem opening the original .mp4 file but because it was recorded with a variable framerate the audio is irritatingly out of sync after a few minutes. there is no means to record the original in a constant framerate (capture card software)

this happens on two different computers - an old i7 2600 system with windows 7 and a new i7 5960 system with windows 8.1

note: the file works perfectly fine in premiere CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had the same issue on my mid 2011 imac in Premiere Pro CC, super obnoxious. After an hour of trying various things I ended up upgrading the operating system. Not ideal but it solved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines