Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System specs:

3300+ AMD Athlon 64 processor (2.4GHz)

1.5GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory

GeForce 7600GS 512MB video card

Windows XP Home 32-bit

Internet Explorer 8 32-bit

The problem I am having is simple:  Fullscreen videos lag, bad.  It looks like I'm getting half the FPS from windowed mode.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add, I'm using the latest version of Adobe Flash player (10.1) that was released earlier this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only thing I can suggest is to toggle 'Enable hardware acceleration' (right-click on any online Flash object, then select Settings...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried Enabling and Disabling hardware acceleration.  No difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no more suggestions.

But, if this was happening on my machine, I would

• check if newer device drivers for the graphics card are available;
  • check various Global Settings, e.g. local storage settings;
  • clear the Flash Player cache;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest non-beta, WHQL certified display drivers.

I've went over every Global setting but did not see anything relevent to my problem.

I just got done clearing the Flash Player cache, problem still remains.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed other users are having the same problem.  Anyone found a fix yet or possibly a reason why this is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2011 Feb 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here too. Im trying to watch fullscreen video from different web sites (youtube, svtplay.se, tv4play.se, tv3play etc) but they all lag.

The computer is a Samsung N150 straight out of the box. All I've done is updated all drivers and software (win7). I've tried the tricks mentioned above without luck. Tried it in IE, chrome and firefox with same result. I've tried it in different screen resolutions. Funny thing is that if I set the screen to 800x600 the small (un-fullscreened) screen is almost filling the display and plays well, but when I put it on fullscreen, which practically only makes it a few percent larger, it starts lagging.

I've got an old hp tablet pc with less ram and less process power, but no lagging.

What is going on Adobe?

Fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines