Skip navigation
vjanssens
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Professional CS5 Freezing

Jun 10, 2010 4:56 AM

Hi,

I'm running Flash Professional CS5 on Windows XP OS. When using Flash the program is freezing on me. So far this has happened when importing images to the stage, publishing the file and testing the movie. My only option is to force Flash to close. Sometimes, this freezing is accompanied by the standard "Adobe Flash has encountered an error and needs to close" message, but this is not always the case. This is my first time using Flash, and I'm creating a video using ~400 BMP's so the .fla file is quite large (12MB).

This is very frustrating, and I would appreciate any help/advice. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 10, 2010 10:59 AM   in reply to vjanssens

Could you let us know what the bitmaps are like (dimensions, file type, and file size) and your system specs so we can try reproducing internally?  Also, is the FLA you're importing them empty?  Is it an AS3 document?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2010 4:09 PM   in reply to vjanssens

Hmm, that is a lot of content to be importing at once - my guess is that you're running out of memory during the import. Have you tried importing and optimizing smaller chunks of content and seeing if that works?

I will look further into the issue after they're in a FLA file, I may have some different suggestions for some things you can do there as some changes were made in CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2010 6:50 AM   in reply to vjanssens

Hi,

I have simillar problem. JPEG sequence 1200x400, 500 frames (whole sequence has 150MB). Flash crash during import to stage. I can import about 300 frames without crash.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points