• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linux: input regression in Air 2.0

Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just updated my Air 1.2 (iirc) to 2.0 and noticed (in TweetDeck, in case that's not an Air problem) that neither Dead Keys nor Compose works.

For example, when I want to create an ä I type: <Shift>+2, a.  In Air, I don't get an ä but just an a (Same with é, which is ' + e, gives just an e without accent)

To create I type <Compose>, t, m, but in Air I get just m.

This works flawlessly in all other applications.

(what does work is generating using <AltGr>+e)

Since I type quite a lot of these special characters, this bug renders all Air applications unusable.

Is there some setting I could change, to restore the 1.x behaviour?

thx,

--

pascal

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pascal

We are aware of this problem, and are working to get it resolved soon.

-Thanks

Sundeep

AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got the same issue after upgrading to Air 2.0

Does Adobe has some bug track site, to see the status of this bug?

How can we help to test out the patch?

regards,

--

chidalgo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

We have logged bug 2641584 in our bug database for this and as I told earlier we are working on getting this fixed ASAP.

-Thanks

Sundeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, we've been waiting for a month now and by "we" I mean almost every "customer" that relies on graphical signs to communicate on their native language: Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, Colombia, Bolivia, Mexico, Spain, and so on....

The feeling is that we were left behind, so now we just can't use any AIR application, which sadly resembles the lack of a decent, unified Flash player for Linux distros.

So, c'mon guys, for a company of the size and popularity of Adobe this problem should already been solved. Give us a date, at least, so we don't have to keep coming back to your site to check if a new version is out. This is not only a PITA, but it's humiliating and depressing.

It's time for Adobe to show some respect to Linux/Latin users.

Galvao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1... a simple regression problem

still waiting... Adobe, do you need testing? We can test the patch for you!

--

chidalgo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your patience with this issue.  This bug (#2641584) has been tested and fixed in our upcoming release of the AIR runtime which we anticipate releasing in a few weeks.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris:

Thank you, those are really great news. I don't mean to be "pushy", but is there a release date yet?

Thank you once again,

Galvao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don't have a hard date I can give you.  A release of AIR requires coordination between multiple product teams.  However, if everything goes to plan, it should hopefully be just a few weeks (early August).

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's understandable, Chris. Thanks for the estimation, tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a final estimation for the fixed release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If everything goes to plan, it should be very soon.  I expect this week and will report back if it's delayed at all.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

AIR 2.0.3 is live now, which fixes this issue. Please get the latest runtime from:

http://get.adobe.com/air/

-Thanks

Sundeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved discussion to the Problems & Bugs forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines