• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tiny Shrunken PowerPoint Import?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 4 and PowerPoint 2007 and all of a sudden today whenever I try to either create a new project from a PowerPoint or import slides from a PowerPoint they all come in shrunken and tiny in the middle of the screen.  Doesn't matter what resolution the project is set for, and I've checked the page setup in PowerPoint and all of those settings are correct and haven't changed.

Has anyone ever seen a similar issue?  Know how to solve it?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How does it present after publishing: still shrunk or OK? Check this please, because it could be due to the installation of a CS5-app and there are several threads about it in this forum. But could you first check if the published file is OK?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem using CP4 and PPT 2003. When I Create Project and select From MS PowerPoint, the slides import but end up as slightly oversized thumbnails. They do publish correctly, however. There are no CS-5 apps onboard. Comments?  Suggestions?

Dell XPS 400

XP, SP3

P/dual 3.00GHz

2.99 GHz, 3.50RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this exact same problem after installing CS5-app.

I hope de-installing CS5-app reverts to the previous behaviour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

First off, anyone experiencing this should please report it to Adobe via the Bug Reporting form. (Link for that is in my sig)

I believe what is happening is that you are seeing Flash animations. And you have been upgraded to the latest and greatest version of the Flash Player.

Possible solutions are:

• Learn to live with the tiny view of things and just know they will present normally when you publish.
  • Uninstall the Flash Player/Plug In and install an older version.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help Rick,

Unfortunately, after removing Flash Pro CS5, re-installing Captivate, removing all Flash Players and installing the only Flash Player I could find (10.1), the problem remains.

I find it very hard to ignore this, I need the slide to look like what it will do when I publish as I am building the slide ..

This was working fine until yesterday .. there *must be a way to revert.  I guess I did not follow your instructions to the letter .. you said to install an *older version of Flash .. Do Adobe have an archive page? .. I couldn't seem to find it.

I really hope this gets sorted out soon.  I cannot log a Bug because I am only evaluating the software at the moment.  I want to put something really nice together to justify purchasing the software but this is going to make achieving that a lot more difficult - perhaps it is easy for some people to visualize what the slide will look like when it is published but I find this very difficult.

I have been really impressed with the usability of Captivate.  I tried Articulate and, although I am sure it is probably a decent tool, found it very hard to pick up and run with so I tried Captivate and found it very easy to hit the ground running.  This problem however presents a major hurdle .. especially since it was working fine previously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The engineering team is looking at this issue now and I should have an update for you soon. There is apparently an issue which is triggered by installing the latest Flash player. It only appears in the edit window in Captivate 4, and doesn't appear at this point to affect published projects. We have seen some reports that Rick's uninstall solution is successful, and others that it isn't sufficient to correct the problem.

The problem appears to influence the scale of all embedded flash content, not just PowerPoint slides. I'll keep everyone informed as soon as I get more information.

You can help solve this issue by continuing to report, and esp. letting us know the exact machine specifications / OS you are using.

--Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it working ..

The trick was to install an older version of Flash Player.

To do this I had to:

1. Follow the instructions in: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/402/kb402435.html to de-install Flash Player

2. Get an archived version of the player from http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

I used version 10,0,45,2 and it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2010 Jun 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and came looking on these forums specifically for a solution to this problem.

Thanks to dparkeruk

I followed your instructions and my filmstrips are back to normal.

Bravo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dparkeruk, your instructions worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried these steps, but when I open Captivate, I am notified that I have an older version of Flash and redirected to load the latest version of flash????

Thanks in Advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Out of curiosity, what version of Flash Player did you install?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I followed the uninstall steps from //http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html, rebooted

and then downloaded fp10 archive folder, extracted and ran flashplayer10r45_2_win.exe

Captivate still says i need the new version and won't even open!!!!

Thanks!

Arnold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnold

I believe there are actually TWO different installers. One is for Firefox browsers and the other is for IE. I think the Firefox install is a "helper object" while the IE install is an ActiveX control. So I'm wondering if perhaps you selected the wrong one to install?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe it's the IE ActiveX control you have to worry about.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I've been out of the office. I am on 10.1 flash player.

Judy Watt

Education Development Coordinator

Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.

3102 West End Avenue

Suite 400

Nashville, Tennessee 37203

(615) 383-7300 Ext.2391

Fax (615) 386-6662

jwatt@hmstn.com

http://www.hmstn.com

HMS welcomes your feedback on our service. If there are any areas we can improve, please email our Quality Service Department at mailto:hmsquality@hmstn.com. If you receive STAR service, please email mailto:hmsstar@hmstn.com and tell us about your experience. We appreciate your business.

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The documents accompanying this transmission may contain confidential health information that is legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party unless required to do so by law or regulation and is required to destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and arrange for the return or destruction of these documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very special thank you to dparkeruk for providing this solution.  It worked for me!  AMEN!! For complete success I recommend that users dowload the Adobe Flash Uninstaller and follow the directions to the "letter" ... making sure to RESTART your computer BEFORE attempting to install an earlier version of Adobe Flash.  NOTE: Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.45.2 worked for me.  My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2).  For ever thankful for saving me from a complete meltdown 😉  Pamela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this. The project publishes OK but affects my ability to create highlights and such on the slides prior to publishing. I installed the latest Flash Player, am using Windows XP Service Pack 3, Office 2003, and Captivate 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating the issue and I will get back to you about it ASAP.

Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just as an update, my problem was a little different from most peoples.  When I published the slides were still tiny.  I reinstalled finally and that somewhat fixed the issue.  The problem is still there in edit mode, but now at least it is normal when published.

Thanks for all of the assistance though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allen, you say: " It only appears in the edit window in Captivate 4" This also affects the storyboard view on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

previous reply.  Meant to say have be UNABLE TO RESOLVE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same situation and have been able to resolve.  Even saved ppt back to earlier MS version to see if that would make a difference.  No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This has nothing to do with PPT version. So it's no surprise that saving as a different version made any difference.

Please Re-Read this thread from start to finish. One post explains that you need to remove the Flash Player and install an older version. There are links that take you to relevant areas.

Once you perform the uninstall/reinstall hokey pokey the PPT should look normal again.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older version from what?  I am on 10.1.  How old should the version be?

Judy Watt

Education Development Coordinator

Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'd probably go to verion 9. something.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources