Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Access Denied message in Flash CS5 help

Jun 15, 2010 6:24 AM

Hi,

I had the problem with an Access Denied message when running community help and followed the technote instructions to re-install, but still had errors.

Browsing the config files in my newly created folder for the chc app:

%appData%\chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1\Local Store\HelpCfg\en_US

I find that the "baseURL" setting in Flash_11.0.helpcfg was set to: baseUrl="http://help.stage.adobe.com/"

Which also shows the Access Denied error in the browser.

Changing this to baseUrl="http://help.adobe.com/" seems to start it working and I get packages downloading etc.

Not sure if the URL is right, but that helped me.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2010 8:16 AM   in reply to forfuxayk

Thanks very much for the heads up! We had a workflow burp, but this should be fixed now.

Regards,

John Francis

Adobe Learning Resources

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2010 12:05 PM   in reply to jfrancis@adobe.com

I am still getting this problem. I looked at my Flash_11.0.helpcfg and the base url is correct. It takes me to the access denied page in both the air help appicated and the browser help. All the other CS5 applications' help work fine, just Flash Pro CS5 is having this problem.

Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2010 12:07 PM   in reply to Tristan559

Hi Tristan,

What OS are you running?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2010 12:13 PM   in reply to jfrancis@adobe.com

Windows 7 32 bit

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2010 12:17 PM   in reply to Tristan559

Okay, make sure that .stage is removed from the helpcfg file located here (note that you'll have to enable Tools > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files, folders, and drives to see the AppData folder):

C:/User//AppData/Roaming/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE. 1/LocalStore/HelpCfg/en_US

If you're still having no joy, then you can delete the chc.REALLYLONGID folder above and relaunch help. That'll reinitialize everything.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

John Francis

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2010 12:20 PM   in reply to Tristan559

One other note, it was tremendously difficult getting the CS5 programs to install on Windows 7 via Master Collection CS5. I constantly ran into "This program failed to install" I looked at the log, and it said so and so file was being used by another process and could not be deleted. I had to go in and hand-deleted multiple folders a few dozen times to get all the programs installed correctly. I doubt this is what is causing the Flash Help access denied issue, but I just wanted to bring this up.

I need to install Master Collection CS5 on another Windows 7 machine, and I am not looking forward to doing so as a result of what I had to go through on my first Windows 7 machine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2010 12:22 PM   in reply to Tristan559

Thanks, Tristan, I've forwarded your message to the group that handles the Suite installer.

John Francis

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2010 12:25 PM   in reply to jfrancis@adobe.com

Deleting the folder ended up being the solution that worked. Thank you so much

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2010 12:30 PM   in reply to Tristan559

My pleasure, Tristan, and, again, sorry for the inconvenience!

John Francis

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2010 9:49 AM   in reply to forfuxayk

I am getting the same error but cannot find the file/folder that need fixing. I am using Mac OSX 10.6.3 and installed the Master Collection. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2010 9:54 AM   in reply to the_ARTboy

Hi there,

You need to look here on Mac OSX:

Users//Library/Preferences/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8C E.1/Local Store/HelpCfg/en_US/

Again, if modifying the Flash_11.0.helpcfg doesn't work, just delete the chc.REALLYLONGID folder and everything will reinitialize.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,

John Francis

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2010 10:01 AM   in reply to jfrancis@adobe.com

Thanks. It works again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2010 10:15 AM   in reply to forfuxayk

For the sake of completeness, if you're using Windows XP, you'll find the CHC folder here:

C:/Documents and Settings/<username>/Application Data/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1/LocalStore/HelpCf g/en_US

Again, if removing stage from the Flash_11.0.helpcfg doesn't work, just delete the whole chc.REALLYLONGID, and everything will reinitialize.

Thanks!

John Francis

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2010 9:34 AM   in reply to jfrancis@adobe.com

Thanks!  Removing the .stage did the trick.  :-)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2010 8:33 AM   in reply to jfrancis@adobe.com

Thanks.

I'm on Mac and had the same problem. Deleting chc.487.... folder did the trick for me.

Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2010 5:42 AM   in reply to forfuxayk

I am having the same issue, Mac OSX.

Can't find ANY of the files you have referred to, and I'm incredibly frustrated that once again Adobe has screwed up my day's work.

Why can't we just have the reference documentation instead of all this 'community' help.

There's a time an a place for that - and it's online. Why can't I just get the reference info I want for the app I am using by clicking on HELP?

And why does my CD-based install require access to your website to get help files?

Now I have to waste time finding and fixing another of your bugs because you're trying to make something overly complicated.

I understand why you do not give printed documentation with boxed product - but WHY can't we just have a PDF file?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2010 6:31 AM   in reply to Mr Delete Happy

@VeryIrritated,

Maybe I can help direct you to the location. Quit Flash. Open a new Finder window, navigate to your HOME within your User. You should see folders like: Applications, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, ect... Look for LIBRARY then double click into that folder. Now you're in the Library directory, look for the Preferences folder, double click into there. Now your in the (home is your user folder) HOME->LIBRARY->PREFERENCES. Inside the Preferences folder look for the FOLDER named "chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1". Now delete that folder, restart Flash and that should fix the problem. A new Preference folder with that same long name should be recreated by Flash.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2010 8:04 AM   in reply to k-yo!

Thanks Dave, apologies for not finding that path in the post earlier in this thread.

Now I have to ascertain why the search function on my Mac wasn't able to find those files and folders...!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2010 9:06 PM   in reply to Mr Delete Happy

BTW, you can also get a PDF file from the link at the top of this page:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flash/cs/using/

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2010 11:22 AM   in reply to jfrancis@adobe.com

Thanks for the good advice on this issue.its solved my Access denied issue, you really know your stuff , Thanks Man  : )

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2010 1:12 PM   in reply to jfrancis@adobe.com

Thank you!

This solves the problem in Lightroom 3 (LR3) as well.

(It broke when Adobe sent out an update for the Community Help application in September.)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2011 4:14 AM   in reply to forfuxayk

Thank you so so much! This fixed the issue for me too since I could not see the help files for Flash 5 only.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points