• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is Contact Sheet in CS5 or will it be available?

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again the new version has dumped "contact sheet" script, something I use a lot. Will it be available in the future as a download.

It would seem to be a simple thing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had bothered to search Adobe’s site for »optional plug-ins cs5« you might have found:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WSEE858938-B2D1-403d-A55F-94B00BA8BC1E.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did bother and the link to "download" the contact sheet plug-

ins for MacOS just takes me to the Adobe.com home page so where is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere else on the website site it says "available soon"  for contact sheet, picture package and extract... all three that I want too... and REALLY wish they weren't "optional."...   but I can wait... love CS5....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I do apologize; I hadn’t followed it that far.

Did you install from the web or do you have an installer-DVD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed from the web.   I think the optionals are just not quite ready yet... but until then I will just use CS4...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try one of the other Scripts for the task:

http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1562&highlight=contact+sheet

Ralph, I admit I hadn’t followed the path that far and I did apologize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me a while but I found the page that talks about availability... here's the link:  

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/828/cpsid_82824.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You certainly did and it made me feel less obtuse! A very helpful link. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is reassuring. Finding a dead-end and going in circles after the above admonition was beginning to make me feel exceedingly obtuse. I downloaded my copy of CS5 from the Adobe store and hope that the future Contact sheet plug-in will allow launching PS CS5 in 64-bit mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2010 Jun 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problem finding the download, installed both, the plug in and the layout preset, but it is still not working ? I did re-start CS5 picture package is not showing up under Automate ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Sheet and some others only work and will only show up running CS5 in 32bit.  Don't know if that's the problem... but it generally has been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it ! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the "output" workspace in bridge (window->workspace->output, or click on the "output" at the top right of the main window): Pick "PDF", and select a template (like 4*5 contact sheet); you can tweak the layout from there and save as a new template.

Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people who are looking for Contact Sheet in CS5 and who had to get the plug-in for CS4 are being quite polite about

Contact Sheet's absence, but I will not be so nice. It is inexcusable that it was ever taken away. I know it's someplace else,

buried in the menus and requiring several steps to use it. That's pathetic, Adobe. It was perfect the way it was. You should

put it back into File>Automate and leave it there. Forever. And ever. (...fist pounding on desk...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree completely.  And reiterate that the "contact sheet" function in Bridge Output.. is not even close to a replacement.   I think I get the angriest when a fine application is "modernized" into oblivion.   Please bring both Contact Sheet and Picture Package back to Automate natively in 64 bit... they functioned marvelously for years there.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My only guess is that someone at Adobe wants us to live e-lives only, without paper at all.

Well, much of the real world likes paper proofs and it my case, many proofs never make to

paper; it is sometimes practical to open a high-quality proof sheet. Adobe, if you're listening,

put it back and don't touch it. Leave it alone. It is too usefull to hide it. Don't touch it, don't touch it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines