Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS Name    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version    5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Type    X86-based PC
Processor    x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2191 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date    Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A7N8X-X ACPI BIOS  Rev 1011, 8/4/2004
SMBIOS Version    2.2
Locale    United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "5.1.2600.5512  (xpsp.080413-2111)"
Total Physical Memory    1,536.00 MB
Available Physical Memory    456.35 MB
Total Virtual Memory    2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory    1.96 GB

I am running a 32 bit system.  Both Active X and the  FireFox plug in , version 10.1 is installed.

I have  tried deleting the browsers and re-installing them, uninstalling and  reinstalling flash, and every suggestion I have found.  On FireFox,  specific sites that do not work are Shockwave games, Facebook, and  YouTube.  On IE Facebook works, but the other two do not.  The animation  on the Shockwave page does not come up on either browser.

I  am at my wit's end.  I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't work with vista 64 bit explorer and firefox 32/64 bits. Purple screen no some. adobe flash 9 works flawlessly. Have a quad intel processor, duel 980gt's. 16mb of ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi j, thanks for the complete info! I'm not sure if you have Flash Player Installed or not at this point. Go to this test site

using IE first and then use FF(Firefox). This will give you the version of Flash Player that is Installed.

Then using IE, go to Tools, manage add ons (All add ons) and find Shockwave Flash Object and make sure it is Enabled.

Using FF, find the plug-in SWF vs 10.1.53.64 and make sure it is Enabled.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In IE, version 10.1.53.64, enabled.

In FF, version 10.1.53.64, enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. It appears from this article on the Display Settings (linked here) that with the 10.1 version, the hardware acceleration is Enabled by default. Several users find that by disabling it, has helped. There are several topics there that are explained that might be helpful. Whether this is affecting what you are experiencing I don't know. One of the helpers on the forum here suggests that users update to the latest graphic/video drivers.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help01.html

You can also go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back all files listed. The NPSWF files will need a right click and then click on Properties in order to obtain the version numbers. This way we'll confirm that the Flash files are all correctly Installed.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FlashPlayerTrust - Folder

Glash10h.ocx

FlashInstall - Text Doc.

Flashplayer.xpt

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX

FlashUtil10h_Active X.dll

FlashUtil10h_plugin

install - Text Doc.

NPSWF32.dll

- file version 10.1.53.64

The article on hardware acceleration calls for right clicking the shockwave image, is that correct?  If so, that won't help.  When I right click where the shockwave image is supposed to be, all I get is a button that says:

(greyed out) Movie not loaded

About Adobe FlashPlayer 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok all of your Flash files for IE and FF are correct. In FF, the FlashPlayerTrust from what I have read appears to contain other sites listed. Right click on it and see what is listed if you don't mind. Also since you have both the ActiveX add on Enabled in IE and the SWF plug-in Enabled in FF, Flash Player should not be an issue at all. So it is something else.

The message you posted below that the right click gave you a greyed out button, what site was that? And with what browser? In the instructions after your right click, it says "from the context menu", Select Settings. Did you do that?

I don't have 10.1 Installed yet, so can't perform that in order to know exactly. It also says during playback to do this.

Also did you try to perform this right click on another site to see if that happens as well?

Do you have adblock Enabled in FF? Any pop up blocker software installed for IE?

What Anti-Virus program do you use and does it have any browser add ons/extentions, etc in IE or FF? Any add on will affect the browser.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FlashPlayerTrust folder contains 2 files:  EACoreTrust.cfg and rpconverter.cfg

The grayed out button says Movie Not Loaded.  I just checked YouTube and the same thing happens.  Nothing plays, so I can't click after the flash starts.  I have left sites sitting for 10 minutes to see if it starts, but it doesn't.

I am not using AdBlocker on FF, and the pop-up blocker in IE is turned off.

I am using CA Security Suite.  I've been using it since 2008, get it free as part of my RoadRunner subscription.  I see no add-ons on either FF or IE.

As I said, everything worked fine before the update, earlier in the spring I believe.  There was an update to FF this morning, I was hoping it would address the issue, but there is no difference.

I really appreciate all the assistance you're giving me.

Thanks

Message was edited by: jvbs Just wanted to add, when I go to the Adobe sites to check, the Shockwave Player animation works for both browsers, but the Flash animation does not work for either one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got it working lastnight after doing process of elimination. What worked for me is. Disabling SLI mode. And opening a video like on youtube. And right click on the flash purple screen video that is trying to play and choose settings. Inside there is a box with settings for mic, webcam and other stuff. Under the performace tab there is hardware acceleration. I unchecked the box. Closed the fash setting box. And then refreshed my firefox or explorer. Now my videos work. It is just odd that I had to disable that for a nvidia 9800 gt card(s). I have never needed to mess with that flash setting before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi j, thanks for the info. I think you may have two things working here. Now, granted they didn't cause any issue before you updated Flash Player. However even with the previous version 10 there were a couple of issues with the rpconverter.cfg file within the FlashPlayerTrust folder. This of course has to do with Real Player. Then the EACoreTrust.cfg.

Are either one of these needed to be there and is the FlashPlayerTrust folder needed at all? From all that I have read about that folder, it is old and used with Flash Player 7 and 8. I don't see it very often.

Now on the CA Security Suite, there is a component that you may want to check. It's the personal firewall options in CA software that causes the problem. Specifically, the CA personal firewall. Under the Privacy Option, see if there is a ad/pop-up blocker and turn that off. This info was posted by another user back in February to help someone that I was trying to help and solved his problem. Like you he had all Flash Player files installed correctly with the required add ons, and was having the same problems that you are having.

Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing a Happy Dance!!  Success!!!

Under CA Security Suite, custom ad blocker setting, there was a box to disable animated ad content.  I unchecked it, and things are working well now!!

Thank you so much, I have spent more than 3 months trying to figure this out, and it was something so very simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi j, Great! That other user, I'm sure he was a guy could have kissed that lady that gave him that info!! As soon as you said CA Security I thot of that thread.

So glad that solved it for you. Now don't forget to mark your thread as answered. Who knows when someone else may need this information!

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm, how do I mark it as answered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 🙂 I don't know, since what you see I don't. I just know there must be some place on either the post itself a place to mark as correct answer?

If you can't find it don't worry about it.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 10.0 works on Firefox latest official release on MAC while the newest no.

It shows a white screen instead of the normal flash content.

No way to try disabling hardware acceleration cause when right clicking it doesn't show it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines