Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

BAM ES2 Starting point

Level 2

I'm not 100% sure this is the right forum for this but I can't see a better fit...

I've got a BAM ES2 instance running, and a LiveCycle ES2 instance running on another server with a few deployed processes. How do I actually use the BAM to do any sort of monitoring or reporting on those deployed processes? The documentation explains some of the high-level concepts (cubes etc) but doesn't appear to provide any "how to" information.

I'm basically looking for a tutorial or documentation that will let me actually use the thing, as it's not particularly intuitive or obvious how you use your processes as input to the BAM.

Any starting point at all would be appreciated.

22 Replies

Level 10

See the materials attached..

Hope they will be useful to you.

-Nith

Level 2

I may have missed something pertinent in them, but I can't see anything that will actually tells me how to import and monitor a process from a LiveCycle ES2 server. Importantly, the documentation appears to be for BAM ES1 and doesn't seem to match up with what I can see.

I was thinking that "Working with Agents for Context Data Sources" in BAM ES Workbench.pdf would have been helpful but it says I should be seeing items about "agents" on the left but I see no such thing. I'm guessing this is because it's not up-to-date documentation.

Anyone else have any tutorials?

Level 10

The only thing you should have to do is check the "Auto Generate BAM Dasboards" checkbox in the properties of your process (under Configure/Advanced).

That should automatically create a set of dashboards you can use from the dashboard interface.

Jasmin

Level 2

I don't see any option like that in LiveCycle Workbench ES2 on any of my processes. Where exactly is it?

If this is one on the BAM itself, how do I get it to see my Workbench ES2 processes in the first place so that I can enable that option?

Thanks.

Level 10

Right-click your process and select "Properties".

See the attached screenshot.

-Nith

Level 2

Take one step back from that screenshot. Where is the option to open that dialogue? In LiveCycle Workbench ES2, I can right-click a process and go to

properties and get nothing like that.

Level 10

Sorry, I'm using workbench ES (not ES2).

As suggested by Jasmin, point to configure->Advanced option and then try.

-Nith

Level 2

Ah, found the option. I've checked it, with no apparent change on the BAM. It may or may not be configured correctly, and it's unclear how to use it.

As per my original question, is there any how-to documentation?

Level 10

Make sure to deploy your application  once the checkbox is checked.

Jasmin

Level 2

I appreciate the suggestion, Jasmine, but I have done. I've done a full undeploy/deploy several times.

Level 10

Then something might not be installed/configured properly.

Any error in the server.log file.

You don't see anything in the BAM dashboard interface?

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Is the process short lived or long lived?

Paul

Level 10

Good point. It has to be long- lived, otherwise there's no data saved in the database.

Jasmin

Level 2

It's long-lived.

It may not be configured properly. That's part of what I'm asking: how do you configure it properly? Where is the documentation to set-up and use the BAM? How do you point it at an ES2 server and have it pick up the processes?

I'm not necessarily looking for one of you guys to give me a step-by-step (that would be excellent, but asking a bit much). I'm really looking for some how-to style documentation.

Level 2

Is there any posiible way that we can get form field values into BAM Reports

Level 2

I am trying to create a UDF for BAM ES2 and it requires cognosAPI.jar any idea were i can download this.

I tried searching it in Adobe ES2 installables as specified in the documentations but did not find it

Level 10

IN ES2, we have this new BAM wizard that allows you to expose process variables in BAM dashboards.

You can find more information under

C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Business_Activity_Monitoring\LavaActivitySuite\BAMWizard\bam_wizard_guide.pdf.

Jasmin

Level 2

Jasmine the value i require for my BAM report is not in individual process variables but its stored as xml (formdata) in database is there a way we can access this in BAM

Level 10

You could use a setValue and extract the data you want from the form data into process variables.

Otherwise you would have to create your own dashboard using the BAM Workbench interface.

Jasmin