• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 epson scanner issue

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about  this underlined type showing up.

I am useing the PS CS 5 trail on my power mac G5, running on system is snow leopard. My scanner is t...

Does any one have any clues how to get this to scan?

Thanks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just skip using Twain and just use "Preview".... that's what I do....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...I used Preview but then when I go to scan it give me that  message.

I am not sure what you mean ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the application "Preview"... a native part of your Mac OS.      If you are already using that try turning the scanner off and then on.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scanner is showing up in PS C5, it is able to make

a preview but not scan the image . How can you use the preview application to scan in ps?

Do you have the same scanner I am using?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't scan from within Photoshop.   I open "Preview" and then click on "File" and then "Import From Scanner".   Trying to import from within Photoshop has just gotten too difficult.  I am on PS5.   I import from my Epson 3200 using Preview not Photoshop.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried and can scan  in mac preview but I do not get the Epson driver box. (below) I need that from what i scan . What is ODD is I can preview  the image but then I get that error message (below) when I try and scan.  Do you know if others are not able to scan using Epson and CS5? Have you found any other info on this? Before I purchase CS5 I need this to work. Thanks!!

Screen shot 2010-06-14 at 8.01.24 AM.pngScreen shot 2010-06-14 at 8.04.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that is exactly what I used to get on CS4 when I tried to use TWAIN with the Epson Driver....  most of the printer drivers aren't updated to use TWAIN with the new software so you have to use the software outside of Photoshop.   You should be able to use the free standing Epson Scan to operate outside of Photoshop... but I believe the days of scanning right from Photoshop are over.  If you can't use Epson Scan try Vue Scan or Silverlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was able to scan with Epson direct but the scan is not as good as in PS for some reason.

I normally scan as a PS file. I guess I can always keep CS4 for scanning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no difference between the scan through TWAIN directly to Photoshop and the one directly from the Epson standalone driver, if the quality is not there then it either something different you have done with the standalone or a perceptual issue.

Honest!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wade,

Thanks. Could it be the the PSD file is diffrent then the tiff that Epson scans?

It is a drop light and bright on the Epson direct and I have not changed anything.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the Epson Scan stop working for me after upgrading to CS5. Something to do with 64-bit I believe. My solution was to  use Image Capture (comes with your mac). Open Image Capture, your scanner should show up on the left side, select it. On the right you'll see a Scan To: pull down menu. Select Other, then select Adobe Photoshop CS5 from your apps folder. Then it will scan directly into Photoshop CS5. Not as convenient as never having to leave Photoshop, but it works. Your only other option is to open Epson Scan as a separate app, save your scan to disk, then open from PS.

- Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have it working now.

I have  changed PS to the 32 bit  setting and downloaded the prober twain driver. It works ok know.

I am wondering what I might be missing using 32  bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just going to suggest that you switch Photoshop to 32 bit mode. And install the proper TWAIN driver.

For those who don't know, here's the procedure:

Go to Adobe and download the optional plugins, which include a TWAIN driver.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4687

Quit photoshop and install. Select Photoshop from your app menu and hit Get Info (command i). Select the 32 bit mode check box, then open up PS. Everything should work now.

I'm not sure what you're missing when you run in 32-bit mode. I suspect some loss of speed on really huge files. I only switch to 32 bit mode when I have a LOT of scanning to do. MAYBE someday Epson will come out with a 64 bit mode plug in, but my past experience with Epson is that they rarely update their software. They'll only come out with an updated driver for a new scanner. In any case, at least there's a work-around. I always love it when "new, advanced" software can't do what it used to do.

- G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G,

What a great idea I can run the 32 just when I scan.Thanks!

I know what you mean about epson. Love there products but they can be behind the times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as it works!! It's so much easier accessing the scanner from Photoshop instead of having to use the stand alone software. I often find some really complicated answers to problems that can be solved simply but as I said as long as it works that's all that matter.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to use my epson scanner today with CS5 for the first time, but like so many others could not use it with photoshop.  I had not other problems with earlier versions .  So what I did was to copy the twain plugin out of CS4 plugins (import_export folder) and transfer into the same folder in CS5. It worked perfectly.  Now this is with windows but I would imagine it won't be that different in macintosh.

Hope it works for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting cladansin mine kept crashing on my mac untill I used the newer plug in. Yes maybe a mac thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution worked perfectly (copy the twain plugin out of CS4 plugins (import_export folder) and paste it into the same folder in CS5).  I never would have thought of that on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's the wrong answer...

Get the TWAIN plugin for CS5, install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm really confused. I followed the instructions (or at least I think I

did), and they worked.

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Let me try this again....where would I get the TWAIN plugin for CS5?

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up, I did get it working a bit, I gave the Epson away to the guy I gave the old Mac to, so we start anew with a new printer,,,,,,

I did get my new 27 inch Mac, and with it came a Canon Pixma MG 5220. Wireless scanner/printer.

Getting it to go wireless with all the machines in the house was rather an ordeal, but I finally got that accomplished. But getting it to scan,,,,,oh, woe was me.

It would NOT work with PSE nor PS. It wanted to use its own lame software.

But I dug and dug into the Canon support website with help from my Mac classmates and we finally found the plug in for that. Still wont work with PSE, but will with PS on/from both my Macs. So I am happy now, but if you notice in the newest MacWorld magazine that the Canon winner printer/scanner says in the reviews that it is Photoshop friendly or somesuch wording.

I called up my Mac store and told them how I managed to do it, as other people were having the same problem.

Just dig into the Canon support site and you will find the solution.

Jane

Message was edited by: falmouthcapecod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TWAIN plug-in | Photoshop CS4, CS5

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405072.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am back. The scanner is crashing again.  I was working with Adobe tech support and after countless experiments its is still crashing. Know they tell me it might not be compatable. They have to get back to me on it but it sounds like they do not even understand there own documentation on this topic.

My work around is to scan in CS 4 and work in CS 5 but its annoying!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines