Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash 10.1 crashes IE8

Jun 24, 2010 1:26 PM

Ever since updating to 10.1 because of the security problem with 10.0, I have been getting constant popups saying that Internet Explorer has stopped working. In the details it says that the faulting module is Flash10h.ocx. The browser does not shut down, it continues working and the popup goes away only to come back a short time later. This only happens on the machine running IE8 and Vista Home Basic SP2. The other machine with XP Pro SP3 is fine. The problem occurs most often on Yahoo games pages which always worked fine before. I have tried resetting IE8, uninstalling and reinstalling Flash (following the instructions to the letter), turning off the hardware acceleration, and nothing works. The affected machine has Nvidia GeForce 7050 integrated graphics with the latest drivers  from Windows Update.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2010 2:53 PM   in reply to Dch48

Hi, It could be the Yahoo site. Also using IE, go to Tools, manage add ons and check in the All add on section and look for

Shockwave Flash Object...ActiveX Control...Flash10h.ocx and make sure it is listed and Enabled.

You may want to also update your Video driver as well.

Thanks,

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2010 3:35 PM   in reply to Dch48

Hi, ok thanks. When you are on the Yahoo site, do you right click on it and disable the hardware acceleration from there from the window that opens?

Someone posted the instructions, I'll need to find it. I have not used that yet, so don't know myself. Just from what other users have posted.

Thanks,

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2010 4:08 PM   in reply to Dch48

Hi, well if turning off the hardware acceleration and updating your graphic and video drivers doesn't solve it, then I would say it is the website. You could try contacting them, other than that I have no idea.

Thanks,

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2010 6:47 PM   in reply to jerellorenzo

jerellorenzo wrote:

I'm going to lose my job over this BS

If you'de do some work instead of hijacking countless topics here, maybe you wouldn't lose your job...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2010 6:49 PM   in reply to Dch48

Hi, Well people are certainly having a variety of issues, I can tell that. If you are only having a problem with that one website, I wouldn't go back to the previous version. Now Yahoo does have some issues and are somewhat slow to update their site when a new version of Flash comes out. They may have improved, I can't say since I don't use it much.

It could be some add on in IE that conflicts with the game/program on Yahoo also, it is difficult to tell.

Do you think maybe Firefox would work better on Yahoo? Just a thot. Maybe give Yahoo some time to update.

I look for a Flash Player fix soon also. Just my opinion. I don't know when you updated, but I know Microsoft came out almost at the same time (Patch Tuesday-6/8)

I'd think it over, but you're the final judge as to what to do.

Thanks,

eidnolb

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2010 12:19 AM   in reply to eidnolb

out of interest, are you using a DVI or HDMI monitor cable between your PC and monitor?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2010 9:24 AM   in reply to Dch48

It crashes IE7 too.  In my case IE 7.0.5730.13 on XP Pro with all the latest updates from Microsoft.  I don't think this is a problem on the user end.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2010 1:24 PM   in reply to Dch48

I am also having the same issues, however I am using Firefox and I have Windows XP. The flash player is crashing while playing games on MySpace and Facebook as well. So I really believe it is the adobe flash 10.1. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple times already. I don't know that much about computers but sounds like it has to be in the adobe flash player 10.1, I hope adobe fixes the problems soon.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points