• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

youtube videos now will not work after update

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all other videos work on other web sites. Why will youtube not work now? I have installed the new player. This does update the flash plug in right? How do I get my old flash back ? Youtube videos work on my Internet Explorer, but not Firefox. I have updated he Flash Player on IE also.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'll need your operating system info, browser(s) versions. Using Firefox, find the plug-ins and check and see if there is an SWF vs 10.1.53.64 listed and Enabled.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows XP 64 SP2, Firefox 3.6.4 and  Shockwave 10.1.53.64. Youtube video screen is black that says "An error occured, please try again later".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, maps. Thanks. The first thing I notice is that since you are using XP/SP2, Microsoft will cut off support for XP without the Service Pack 3. I think the date is 7/13/10. Just wanted to mention that.

When you checked for the SWF plug-in, there was not another SWF listed with a different vs number was there?

Do you have adblock enabled in FF(Firefox)? Also when you updated Flash Player to 10.1, you did use the Uninstaller from Adobe? Then Installed Flash Player for IE and then also for FF? Then did you Reboot(restart) your computer?

Let me know on that, please.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up on the Windows support. I have just read that MS is terminating all of their newsgroups as well and combining support into online forums. Other then Windows crashing sporadically(sp) while playing MS Halo, this XP64 seems to be doing pretty dang well. I dont' see any need to upgrade to 7 at this point in time. 

There is only one listing for Shockwave Flash and one for Shockwave for Director.

I do have ""Block Pop-up Windows" enabled, which doesn't seem to do diddly squat for pop-ups, but that is another issue. I do not see "adblock".

I did not use the Adobe uninstaller the first time. I eventually used he uninstaller then reinstalled flash. After the last several flash installations, it did say that Flash was successfully installed". I did reboot the computer.

Firefox does say it is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maps, You mentioned you didn't want to update to 7 at this time. You are using XP right? I meant to update to XP3, the Service Pack 3 for XP. What is 7? Win7? Anyway, in your IE add ons, do you have Shockwave Flash Object listed and Enabled? This is a necessity for Flash Player. I see you mentioned Shockwave Flash, but this is not the same add on. That is for Shockwave Player, which you undoubtly have(see Add/Remove) Please double check.

I'm sure you know you must use the 32bit browser to view Flash content:-)

Now another issue is with the 10.1, a new feature the hardware acceleration is turned ON by default. Many users have been finding that by turning it OFF has helped with videos, etc. In addition, updating the grapic and video drivers is needed. Go to this thread for info on the hardware acceleration and in Post#16 instruction.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/660726?tstart=0

If you want to read about it, go here:http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help01.html

However, it is important that you have that Shockwave Flash OBJECT in the add ons for IE. (not screaming, just making a point) And the SWF vs 10.1.53.64 in the FF plug-ins. Please confirm that.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2010 Jun 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was rambling just a bit. I did see you mention about updating the service pack.  If I go into Internet Options/Programs/Manage Add-Ons and select Show All Add-ons,  I do see the Shockwave Flash Object Enabled 6/25/10 3:58 am 10.1.53.64 and that is the only thing under the Adobe Systems Inc. I do have Shockwave Player in Add/Remove Programs. Looks like I missed something somewhere. Should I be going to macromedia.com to get Flash instead of Adobe?

I rarely open the IE64 since most plug-ins are not made 64bit and most of the web sites I vists require plug-ins.

I do not have "SWF" in the FF Add-ons.

In the C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash folder I do have

flash8.ocx

flash8a.ocx

flash9.ocx

flash9b.ocx

flash.ocx

flashutil9b.exe

flashutil9d.exe

getflash.exe

getflash.exe.manifest

uninstfl.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maps, glad you clarified that. We have some work to do. Right now, don't do anything else regarding Flash Player. I'll give you the instructions step by step so hopefully you will have a clean Uninstall and clean Install. First though, I need to know what Anti-Virus program you have and does it have a Firewall. If not, do you use any Firewall other than Windows Firewall?

Next, go to Tools, Internet Options, click on the Security Tab and set it to Medium for the Internet Zone.

Take a look at your system tray for any messenger services or applications that use Flash and (don't do this now) and know how to Disable them.

Also, I dont' see where you mentioned what version of IE you are using? Sounds like IE8, but not sure.

Let me know on the above and then I'll post your info for you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use AVG which has no firewall options. I use the Windows Firewall. Yes I have IE 8.

I keep the Systray clean and down to a minimum. Windows Messenger is disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maps, AVG is easy to disable, there are a couple of components. You set your Security to Medium, right?

Now don't do this now, but when it is listed in the steps. You will Open the AVG User Interface & double click on the Resident Shield and Un-tick the option Resident Shield Active. Save the changes. Then Open the AVG user Interface, and double click on the LinkScanner. Un-tick the Option EnableAVG Search-Shield and the Enable Active Surf-Shield. Save the changes.

I'll post back your instructions in a minute.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maps, sorry for the delay. Ok, first you want to download the Uninstaller and SAVE to your Desktop:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Then download the Flash Player Installer for Firefox and SAVE it to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

Then download the Flash Player Installer for Internet Explorer and SAVE it to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

After you have done that, then close all browsers, you want to just be looking at your Desktop.

Disconnect from the Internet, disable any apps in the system tray, Disable the AVG per previous post.

RUN the Uninstaller. When finished, Reboot(restart) your computer. Allow it to fully Reboot and then Reboot again. You have old Flash files, so we want to be sure they are removed.

Then RUN the Firefox Installer, when that is finished, RUN the Internet Explorer Installer. When that is finished, Reboot Once.

Re-enable your AVG, any apps in the system tray, then re-connect back to the Internet.

Go here and test, with each browser:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

It is important that you follow each step:-)

If you have any questions, just post.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2010 Jun 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not questioning your experience and knowledge,  but would I really need to do this stuff to IE if IE and youtube videos work?

Before I start all this, I just want to let you know that I went to  http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and it shows the Flash Logo spinning and the text reads Adobe Flash Player, successfully installed.

Also, it's very peculiar how Youtube advertisments work perfectly but not the actual video. Just like weeds in your perfect lawn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maps, glad you asked that question. I took a look at your Flash files in post#17 and realized that those are listed in the path of system32. But you are saying your system is a 64bit. Flash files are listed in a different path with the 64bit system.

Before you do anything regarding the Uninstall/Install, you need to check and see if you have Flash files in this path:

Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash if it is there and post back all files.

Not to confuse you, but all of the Flash files that are in the System32 path are old. You have 4 versions of Flash files there! In addition you have no Flash files listed for Firefox! Have you partitioned your hard drive?

Check this out and get back to me.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash has:

flash10h.ocx

flashinstall.txt

flashplayer.xpt

flashutil10h_activeX

flashutil10h_activeX.dll

flashutil10h_activeX.plugin

install.txt

NPSWF32.dll

these are all dated 6/27/2010  except for the install.txt which is dated 12\16\2009

the files in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash are all dated 2004, 2005, 2006 etc. Several years old.Out of curiosity, why doesn't  the uninstaller remove these if they are not needed?

When I built this computer several years ago, I did give the new hard drive 1 partition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you should have told me that before, we could have saved some time:-) Do you have any more? Just asking.

How is the Uninstaller going to know you have more than one partition? Evidently you Installed the Flash Player with FF and it went into one partition and the Flash Player files for IE went into the other. That's what it looks like to me.

However, the FP files for IE in the sys32 are all just that. And yes very old.

Now in the sysWOW64 folder, you have Flash files for Internet Explorer and Firefox!!!

What you are going to have to decide is what Drive do you want Flash Player in? I would think you would choose just one drive for them. It makes more sense to have all of your Flash files on one Drive. That way you won't get in this situation again.

Also you need to determine what Drive is the sys32 on and what Drive the sysWOW is on. You are going to have to Uninstall the Flash files from both and then the Install will be in accordance what you decide in the sentence above.

So put those previous Uninstall/Install instructions on hold for now.

Let me know.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact opposite problem. Videos work fine on YouTube, but not on other sites. not ev

en YouTube videos will show on other websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2010 Jun 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have one harddrive and one partition. Everything is on "C:" I don't know how the uninstaller is written, but I would assume that the uninstaller would uninstall the old files. Since I updated the Flash Player for IE  as per your instructions, IE now can not view youtube videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maps, I must say I don't understand exactly how the Flash files for IE are in the Sys32 location and then the Flash files

for FF are in the SysWOW64 location either. Then the latter have Flash files for IE and FF. I just have not seen this before.

Like you, I would have thought the Uninstaller would have removed them all but I don't understand how it works either.

I worked with a person that had partitioned his hard drive and had IE6 + files on one partition and had IE8 + files on the other. That was new to me then. But as I recall he Installed Flash Player on the IE8, but forgot to Install it on the IE6.

When you built your system, how exactly did you partition the hard drive? What is on each partition?

I may review the records of that person and see how he handled that IE8/IE6 situation. Also I may ask Pat, the other helper on the forum about this. He is much better at these types of technical situations than I am.

Did I instruct you to update Flash Player for IE? I don't remember doing that. However, we need to resolve these Flash Player files that are Installed in two separate locations.

As I said, this is all new territory for me and I'm sure you weren't aware of this either, until checking. If you have any info that would shed light on this, please comment.

Will get back to you after I check that other mentioned situation.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Facebook chat is not working either.  I am restoring Windows now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so it seems that Windows does not want to be restored.

When I setup the harddrive, I used what is in the install process that is on the Windows XP cd. I forget how to go back and view the partition table. I tried to used FDISK but it seems that I don't have it on my harddrive but is this really relevant? I have only one drive letter which is C: .

How would I resolve the multiple locations issue? Do I manually delete the old flash files folder or will Adobe put out an updated uninstaller? What other adobe files are on my harddrive that I do not need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In just did another Firefox update and still when I start the youtube videos, the advertisement will play but no video. This is so very interesting why the advertisements still seem to get through but not the main video...  Very very interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maps, Well let's try to deal with what we do know. You have just one drive and that is C. We have old IE Flash files in the system32 folder. We have FF AND IE Flash files in the sysWOW folder. Now, in each of those folders there are Uninstall files. In the sys32 folder, it is the uninstfl.exe. In the sysWOW folder it is the FlashUtil10h_activeX. Both of these when double clicked should Uninstall the files.

************************************************************************************************

Now, instead of doing that, you could put the Uninstaller on your Desktop, Close all browsers and Use IE to Run the Uninstaller. I would Reboot and then Reboot again.

Then Use FF, close all browsers and Run the Uninstaller. I would also Reboot and then Reboot again.

Then check the sys32 folder and the sysWOW folder and see if they have been Removed. By Uninstalling this way, it may remove both FF & IE files. Then once all of the Flash files are removed we know how to Install:-)

Oh, it took me an hour, but I found that info. The person had a C drive with IE8 with Flash Player and an E drive with IE6. Different than your situation.

Let me know what you think.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the uninstaller doesn't' say it deleted the files. It says it deleted the player. Big difference I guess. This has been one of my concerns for years. If the uninstaller uninstalls the program, ALL of the files should ALSO get deleted.

Anyway, Flash is still jacked up ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold on Maps, you need to actually open the Flash folder in sys32 and the sysWOW folder and see what is in there.

Do that and post back. The folder can be there, but empty.

Let me know if there are any files, which ones they are and in which folder.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, you know I already posted the contents once already right?

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash current contents are:

flash8.ocx

flash8a.ocx

flash9b.ocx

flash9d.ocx

flash.ocx

flashutil9b

flashutil9d

getflash

getflash.exe.manifest

uninstFL

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash  5files:

flashinstall

flashplayerxpt

flashutil10h_plugin

install

NPSWF32.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines