• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Activate Digital Editions 1.7

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2009 Mar 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a posting for the 1.5 version and verified the time/date/zone are correct on the PC that has never had this software installed. One curious note is that I am not seeing a pop-up from the firewall to activate.

Any other tips (home user as the corporate folks would flog me if I installed this on their PC)?

Text of Error on WinXP platform:
"E_ADEPT_CLIENT ActivationServiceInfo EXCEPTION Error%20#1009 RESP"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the exact same error but on a Macintosh, and I can't manually activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. I think the activation server is down? http://adeactivate.adobe.com/

Can anyone from Adobe confirm this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I assume the activation server is down, I would still expect the application to attempt to connect to the server. This attempt at communication would trigger my personal firewall (third party) so I would need to authorize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation server is indeed down. Our IT department is aware and working on this. I do not have an ETA of when it will be up, but will post when it is available again.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem,I am UK based, error reads
E_ADEPT_CLIENT ActivationServiceInfo EXCEPTION Error%20#1009 RESP
is this because the activasion server is down? Do we have any idea how long it will be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's back up now, everyone. Try again! Just worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation server is now back up and available again. You should be able active your copies of Digital Editions now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had problems installing Digital editions due to my proxy server & used tech note KB403051 to manually install. This does not automatically bring up the pop up to activate digital editions. How can I manually activate this?

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the message E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate when I try to activate my digital editions, live chat support said it was a technical issue. Any ideas on how I can fix it please anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anne,
E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED indicates that you do not have the time set correctly (when taking into account the timezone) on your machine. You must correct that, before you can activate.

--
-jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2009 Mar 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a message that will not allow me to activate digital editions the message is E_ADEPT_IO Activationserviceinfo Error %20 2032
Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2009 Mar 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't activate my digital editions I keep getting (E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032) can someone help please I'm also in the uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, am wondering if you managed to activate your software in the end? I ask because no one seems to have responded to your query and we seem to have the same error message, or at least very similar.

_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032

We need to operate a document supply service and this is making it impossible for us to do that. We don't even have the option to use PDFs since our document supplier, the British Library, has ceased doing so.

If this continues, we'll have to go back to paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have noticed this problem (error 2032) on some of our PC's.  The problem looks to be linked to the proxy server used for connecting to the Internet blocking access to the Adobe activation server. The details of the proxy server are either automatically detected or held in a configuration script (a .pac file).

In internet explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options.

Click 'Connections' tab, and then click on 'Lan settings'.

This should show you how you are connecting to the LAN and hence internet.  It will either be 'Automatically detected' or referenced through a .pac file.

Our problem was a .pac file which referenced a proxy server which was blocking access to the Adobe activation server.  We just changed to use a different .pac file which referenced a different proxy server which did allow access, and the problem was solved.

Either way, your IT department should be able to unblock access on the relevant proxy server and you should be able to read your documents.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically, the domain that needs to be whitelisted in the proxy server is this:

adeactivate.adobe.com

EDIT: Apparently there's more to it than that, though. That is the domain but just whitelisting it was not enough for me to get this working. I had to temporarily bypass the proxy server altogether before I was able to complete activation for my user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2009 Dec 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggled with this issues for days with my Asus Eee pc. Updated everything possible but problem remained. Finally i found in this forum a post from nickname "Mike" suggesting that the problem was ADE using settings from Internet Explorer. I use Google Chrome. Anyway i opened to internet explorer and reset settings to default. For my surprise issue was fixed and i was able to authorize ADE.

Brgds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i can't activate my adobe digital editions 1.7. Everytime i try it it gives me: E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 2010-06-25T18:57:14-07:00%20(1277517434000)%20is%20before%202010-06-25T21:28:37-07:00%20(1277526517806). My date and time zone is correct so can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines