• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help to disable Flash 10.1 Hardware Acceleration!

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2010 Jun 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this is the situation. I have an older laptop with a defective graphics card. As this machine is only used for college work and the occasional websurfing, including youtube, this was not a problem. Til you released this version of Flash Player.

As with anything asking for hardware acceleration, when it starts the entire macine freezes. Not BSOD, actually lock up can do nothing until i remove the battery freezes. So I need a way to disable the HW acceleration without going to a flash page.

I must say, i find the fact it automatically turns this feature on, without asking the user if this is a)wanted b) useful on the machine in question very disturbing. And I wonder how many other non-HW Acceleration capable laptop users found their laptops suddenly dont work.... Please can you make this an optional feature in future releases, as you do with saving files to the hard drive, for example?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2010 Jun 27, 2010

If you go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ - does it also lock up?  If not, right-click on the Flash object, then change the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Refer to this thread that has a discussion on this. The person that explained how to do this used youtube as an example, saying because it loads so quickly. Now I have also read that you have to be fast to right click on the video. In this thread there is also a screenshot of what you would be bringing up. I haven't used this but would think maybe as soon as youtube comes up? You may have to experiment some.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/660726?tstart=0

This link with information about it may be helpful also.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help01.html

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, well as you can read in the initial post I cannot get to youtube, because when i try the machine COMPLETELY LOCKS UP!

Nothing responds not even mouse pointer, before the box of the video loads.

I need a way to disable it that doesnt rely on being able to load flash player, because until I can do it, I cant load flash player.

Its completely rediculous, everyone posts the same solution, assuming that noone reads the other topics. I've been sat here reading EVERYTHING for the past few hours and nothing.

Edited as a reply was finally posted, even if it isnt one that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AelonRhiadra, Just to give you a heads up, my name is not Mrs. Adobe and neither am I an Employee. Also I receive email notifications from all threads that I have responded to. Further, I received yours complete without your editing, which listed here doesn't contain your complete lack of appreciation and rudeness.

Before you edited your reply to me you referred to my "lack of response" to you. Clearly I responded to your concern, otherwise you would not have had anything to reply to.

I volunteer my time on the Flash Forum and since this is a user to user forum I am a user like everyone else here.

My suggestion to you would be to contact Adobe Support and see if they have a solution for you.

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply as you see it was posted before I had seen your post, I am very frustrated. I also did not know that it was not Adobe employees responding to this.

I apologise for being rude. Its just after fighting to figure out why my machine was freezing for days, and then trying to find some way to turn off the setting I just really want this fixed so I can actually use my laptop for my college work, instead of having to shell out at least £300 for a machine with a smaller screen and windows 7 which i neither want nor can afford.

I'm also in the UK, so the 1-800 number which the website informs me will charge me $39 is also not going to be a lot of help, so is there another way I can contact someone from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok now that we have cleared the air:-) I will see if I can either find a solution or make a contact to someone that would know. Since the 10.1 was released I haven't seen it mentioned other than the Display Setting, but that doesn't mean there isn't a way. If I don't find anything and have to wait for a reply from the contact, then that would be later tonight. Which for your time zone would be very late and you may not have an answer until the morning. I'll do what I can.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eidnolb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ - does it also lock up?  If not, right-click on the Flash object, then change the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2010 Jun 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did the trick thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines