Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error #2046 Show Stopper!

Jun 27, 2010 9:51 AM

I sure hope someone can give me a definitive answer about how to get rid of this error.  I had completed an application in Flash Builder 4, put the updated executables on my Linux Server (where previous revs had been working fine), and when i tried it, I got a blank screen (in Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome and IE ...all of which had been working fine before).  The only change in the interim was an update to Flash Player 10.1, but curiously my app still works fine if I run it on any browser from my Windows (Apache2.2/MySQL5.1/PHP5) server.  Thankfully, I at least got an error message "Error #2046" on my new litl webbook.  The debug Flash Player logged the error message, "Warning: Ignoring 'secure' attribute in policy file from http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml.  The 'secure' attribute is only permitted in HTTPS and socket policy files.  See http://www.adobe.com/go/strict_policy_files for details."

By my bad luck, this happened on the day i was about to deploy to my client.  I've spent two days since looking for a solution, but found NOTHING but complaints from others with similar problems and no responses (no solution).  Yes, my app uses RSLs.

PLEASE HELP, I am desperate.  This was my first Flex app, and I was hitting stride until this.  Honestly, my faith in the stability/reliability of the Flex Framework is severely shaken.  I am close to jettisoning a month's work if Flex is this flakey.  I sure hope someone tells me I don't have to, because I was starting to really like FB4.

Regards,

bob

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2010 10:13 PM   in reply to kultchadog

Post the full text of the error including the stacktrace.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2010 7:19 AM   in reply to kultchadog

Clearing the local Flash Player Cache can help -  visit the page http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/se ttings_manager03.html and uncheck the option to "Store common Flash components to reduce download times" and click the Confirm button. 

Then click the "Store common Flash components to reduce download times" check box again to re-enable the cache.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2010 7:51 AM   in reply to kultchadog

What if you downgrade back to Flash Player 10.0.45?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2010 10:48 AM   in reply to kultchadog

All you see is Error #2046?  No other text?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2010 4:44 PM   in reply to kultchadog

Does this error show up in the log or on the screen?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2010 3:10 AM   in reply to kultchadog
    Is there any solution for this error #2046?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2010 8:57 PM   in reply to kultchadog

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers