Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Disappearing Timeline Panel

Jun 28, 2010 5:51 AM

Hi.

I have a problem where every time i close flash normally (it's not crashing) and fire it up again, my timeline panel is missing. I have to press ctrl+alt+t or window>timeline to bring it up again and reposition it. What's going on here?

Thanks.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 28, 2010 6:54 AM   in reply to MattBru

click window/workspace and select a panel setup that's to your liking (or create a custom one and save it).  close your application and reopen.  any problem?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 28, 2010 7:12 AM   in reply to MattBru

after clicking myworkspace right click the title bar of your flash application (or right click the icon at the upper left) and click close.  reopen.  any problem?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2010 8:34 AM   in reply to MattBru

I encounter a similar problem about 50% of the time. I have to “reset” my workspace to get the timeline to display.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2010 3:16 PM   in reply to MattBru

Sounds like something may have gotten messed up in a revision of the workspace you're working with. I wonder if you switch to a separate default workspace that doesn't have this problem (ie: one that you do not need to reset), and then modify that to your needs. Then restart Flash and see if the timeline remains.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2010 4:27 AM   in reply to Jen deHaan

I have tried that. I tried using several of the default workspaces and by adding all panels manually (many times). I was not able to note any difference.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2010 10:38 AM   in reply to brooksrv

Could you save a version of your workspace when the Timeline is gone, and attach that and one of your other workspaces  (one where you reset and it then appears)?  Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points