Skip navigation
Nancy Wirsig McClure-UGM
Currently Being Moderated

Display previews of SVG files (thumbnails)

Jun 28, 2010 4:38 PM

In Bridge CS5's Preview panel, SVG files show up as icons only. Please integrate SVG into this function.

Note: David Blatner says SVG is coming back as a hot topic (for e-pubs) in a 6/18/10 blog post, "SVG Import and Export Means Better ePubs" -- http://indesignsecrets.com/svg-import-and-export-means-better-epubs.ph p

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 15, 2010 8:09 AM   in reply to Nancy Wirsig McClure-UGM

I second this motion.

SVG is a file type that I receive often enough that its very frustrating to have to open each file just so I can see what it is. Call me spoiled, but I've gotten used to the Bridge previews and would very much like SVG (and all other graphic file types) to be implemented as preview-able in Bridge. Please make a patch that enables this.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2010 5:05 PM   in reply to Nancy Wirsig McClure-UGM

Adding my vote to the mix.

I work with SVGs often, but particularly with variations of maps for various Wikimedia projects. It's extraordinarily frustrating not to see previews, since this is a main reason I work through Bridge in the first place. Previews were available in CS3 — why go backwards?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2010 7:26 AM   in reply to Nancy Wirsig McClure-UGM

I resort to using Bridge CS2 where this feature was available. I don't understand why this was removed in subsequent versions of Bridge. Please add it back. The same would be useful for SWF files, as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2010 8:01 AM   in reply to Nancy Wirsig McClure-UGM

Adding water to the mill!

It is extremely frustrating! An entire library of maps and logos rendered useless without this feature.

You can STILL save as an SVG file, but you can see it as an SVG file... Really?

What's the point of an upgrade when your workflow is impaired by regressing features?

Please bring it back.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2011 1:12 PM   in reply to Nancy Wirsig McClure-UGM

Here's another user in favor of SVG previews. Since Adobe pulled the plug on its SVG viewer, it's that much more reason that Bridge should pick up that role. If Adobe software can import or export the format, it should be viewable in Bridge.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2011 6:17 PM   in reply to Nancy Wirsig McClure-UGM

WTF, Adobe?

This is pathetic.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)